Emese
billsands

There should be no grades for physical education

Emese has forfeited round #2.
Updated: 3 years ago Status: Debating Period

Emese

Pro

PE, At all, A good subject. You don't have to sit for 45 minutes, You can do something completely different. But you don't need grades, Don't need anyone's opinion whether you enjoy the lesson or not. What do you think?
billsands

Con

wait but then how do we humiliate the nerds?
Posted by Ku4nt3m 3 years ago
Ku4nt3m
The grades are not about enjoyment but performance, Which is clearly not the same in everyone.
Posted by WrickItRalph 3 years ago
WrickItRalph
I agree with @DavidMancke. The standard for anything education related has to be universal. At best, You could say that it should be elective.

I would like to bring up a side topic and say that I think education would be better if we focused less on grades and more on preparing for adulthood. We should still track grades to rank people for college and the workforce, But I think the whole idea of getting a high school diploma is kind of silly. It's basically like saying you're smart if you have a diploma and you're dumb if you don't. I think instead of making the diploma an all or nothing bar, We should just have degrees of diplomas, Similar to how colleges do it.

Just a side thought.
Posted by DavidMancke 3 years ago
DavidMancke
By virtue of the phrasing of the topic, Pro loses the debate. If it is education, Then it will be graded.