backwardseden
Anonymous

There's nothing in the bible that remotely suggests equality

backwardseden has forfeited round #3.
Updated: 1 month ago Status: Debating Period

backwardseden

Pro

* The jews believe they are an unproven god's chosen people.
* The christians believe they will be pampered and nourished in a mythical heaven.
* The unproven god of the bible hates women.
* The unproven god of the bible hates gays and wants to murder them.
* The bible pits others against the beliefs of the other and it is sooooo good at it. It's why there's at least 33, 830 denominations of christianity.

So "why believe? " in the senile garbage OF PRINT that the bible is that nobody can verify a god?

Con

(Before I get into your points of the debate I ask that maybe you shouldn't talk about the Bible calling it "garbage" or talking to me mean, I'm not here to fight just tell you what i know, As I used to be atheist (and pretty anti-Christian) myself). Well, I found reasons to believe that the Bible is the truth.
One would be that it contains a good deal of supernatural knowledge that the people of the time didn't have the technology to know about (let me know if you'd like examples of that, Or more reasons on why I think God is real). The Bible claims that every word from it was inspired by God, Meaning that the writers had written the words, But God is the one who gave them what to write. This is a pretty big claim, And most religious texts claim they are the truth, But as far as I know the Bible is the only one that has been able to prove it's claims like the "all scripture is God-breathed". We also still don't know the origin of the universe. The universal law of cause and effect states that everything had to have a cause for it to happen, So something had to have created the universe otherwise it wouldn't be here. Theoretically, It's impossible to have something come out of nothing. From nothing comes nothing.
So, You said that the Jews are unprovenly God's chosen people (God's chosen people to be the bloodline of Jesus). The Bible tells us that since the time of Adam and Eve, God has told them a saviour would come from their bloodline. He told this to Abraham (who is descended from Adam), And to Judah (Jesus from the tribe of Judah, AKA the descendants of Judah ), Then to king Daniel (I don't know if it was directly to Daniel or not I can't remember. )
You also said that Christians believe that they will be pampered in heaven. It is true that heaven will be great, But we won't be dollies who get pampered by sky daddy. In the Garden of Eden, God put Adam and Eve there to tend the garden, To work (not miserable kind of work, It was probably fun), And to take care of the flora and fauna. The Bible also tells us that Heaven will be like the beginning, Where everything was perfect. You see, We'll probably be taking care of heaven just as Adam and Eve did the Garden of Eden.
I can see where you're coming from with the idea that God hates women. You've probably heard of 1 Timothy 2:11, Which says, "A woman should learn in quietness and full submission. I do not permit a woman to teach or to assume authority over a man; she must be quiet. " Before I explain this, I just want you to know a few things: The Bible does not say that a woman cannot teach a man about Christ. Priscilla (and her husband) taught Apollos the way of God more accurately in Acts 18:26. It does not say women cannot exercise spiritual gifts. The four daughters of Phillip had the gift of prophecy in Acts 21:9. It does not say that women cannot evangelize. (example: Acts 16:14, 40). The Bible does give a high view of women, Especially compared to their position in the other cultures at the time. In the ancient world women were considered more property than persons. Here are some examples from the Bible that are not often mentioned in the idea that women are hated by God. The first person to see the resurrected Christ was a woman (John 20:15-18). The first European convert was a woman (Acts 16:14). The only followers of Jesus to stand with Him in his crucifixion were women. There were woman in the upper room and anointed with the Holy Spirit on the day of Pentecost (Acts 1:14, 2:1-4). Jesus was born to an earthly mother, But not an earthly father (Matt. 1:18, Etc. ). Only a woman understood Christ's upcoming death (Mark 14:8). Now, The verse in Timothy: in the most accurate translations, Paul's command to women stay silent and obedient is actually a recommendation, One for a specific group of people. The reason this was is because he was trying to teach the men in the Church, Who were being told lies from the other men of the city. He didn't want the wives of these men, Who were also told the false preaching, To tell their husbands these false teachings. The Bible makes a point that male and female have differences and different roles in the family, But each is as important as the other and they're all equal as God people. Different, But equal. (Galations 3:28 - "There is neither Jew nor Gentile, Neither slave nor free, Nor is there male and female, For you are all one in Christ Jesus. ").
It is often debated whether homosexuality is a sin or not. From what I've looked into, It is. But remember that in God's eyes every sin is equally bad. What people miss is that God not only loves everyone, He is love. He unconditionally loves everyone no matter what; and everyone, Not just the lgbtq, Are sinful - equally sinful at that. I haven't found anything implying that He wants to murder them.
I'm kind of confused by what you meant on your last point (sorry). You're talking about the different "branches" (I guess) of Christianity? I think there are so many because of different ways people interpret the Bible, Combined with culture and other things.
I'm unsure what you're original intentions of this debate are; are you saying that Christianity is dangerous and should be banned? Are you saying that non-agnostic atheism is the truth? Are you just curious why people believe in God, Jesus, And the Bible? Anyways, I hope you can see a bit of my perspective on Christianity now, And see a bit of what it's about.
backwardseden

Pro

OK. I"m not here to fight with anyone. Not ever. All you have to do is show intelligence, Have an education, Do not invent excuses, And do not lie. I do know better, Especially on the last 2.
The bible is garbage. Here"s why"
No idiot god if true and genuine in any possible way would ever use text/ namely the bible, Not for any reason, Not ever, As a form of communication, Advertisement, Correspondence, Which is the worst possible way to get its messages across from itself to man. There are at least 50 reasons for this. Hopefully, You can think of at least 3. If you can"t then you do not know your religion as well as you think. In fact, It"s not at all. To prove it, Think about ---anything--- as far as what is the criteria that must be godly that a human could have not thought of in the bible? In fact, There's nothing. Thus is the critical nature of falsifiability.
Btw, Which translation upon translation upon translation of the bible is true? Which copy upon copy upon copy of the bible is true? Which dead language upon dead language upon dead language which eventually dies off is true? Which update upon update upon update is true? In which case every single one of them as language changes, So do the messages, So none of them can possibly be true. And since there is no original version/ translation of your bible you have no foundation to base any religion on. Thankfully, You don't! So regardless, Any religion by that merit is false. Even worse, By the translations, By the copies, By the dead languages, By the updates, Since the interpreters are humans, They at one point or another must have gotten the messages wrong/ incorrect. If there's one message that is incorrect, There's another and another and another and it can't be helped from what is supposed to be a perfect book. EVERYBODY should be able to understand this book. There would be no nouns, No verbs, Etc, Nothing added or subtracted from it throughout time. In other words, No true genuine god in which case nobody can define and nobody from any religion has ever proven a god to have ever existed in the entire existence of the human race, It would never use text/ the written word. It is a supermassive contradictory hypocritical fatal flaw into any god's existence from any religion.
So you are reading a fatally flawed BOOK. So a true genuine god, That you bow yield, Kneel, Pray to (which the mere act of "worship" is completely bankrupt and immoral) once again, Would ever use text/ the written word because---you---are ---better---than---it!
In spite of the fact that there"s so much suffering, Hate, Evil, Caused by this unproven god of print, There"s supermassive hypocritical contradictions and inconsistencies - a good 1, 000 (in which case by that merit alone make this BOOK unreadable and surely a true genuine god would know this, Even one contradiction is imperfection from a book that is supposed to be perfect and yet it is impossible to be perfect so in no possible way can this BOOK be godly or truthful or honest but is the only misguidance), You have a BOOK with an unproven storybook character fabled god of print only in it that loves ***** umteen genocides, Hates women, Loves slavery, Hates children and murders babies and children and pregnant mothers. It Issues death warrants on those who blaspheme, Works on the sabbath, Commits adultery, Kill, Curse at their parents (those 5 are taken from the 10 commandments), Those who are gay, Does not worship it, Etc, Etc, Etc. . . And the worst thing of any religion is if someone repents such as Hitler, Mao, Stalin, Hong Xiuquan, Pol Pot, All serial killers, Rapists, Pedophiles, Torturers, Sodomizers, Etc etc etc they will have a spot in this mythical heaven for having done everything wrong. Now atheists who do the right thing and do not believe in this mythical christ for having done nothing wrong are automatically doomed to burn in this mystical hell forever and ever in eternal flames. If that isn't the most f--ked up thing in pretty much of anything, Absolutely nothing is.

"Well, I found reasons to believe that the Bible is the truth. "
See where your fatal flaws automatically are?
"One would be that it contains a good deal of supernatural knowledge""
There"s no such thing as "supernatural knowledge". The supernatural does not exist.

"let me know if you'd like examples of that, Or more reasons on why I think God is real"
No. It"s something I am not interested in. Because your unproven whatever supposed god according to the print, It lied with several different verses which means that it can never with 100% certainty it cannot prove its existence. You nor anyone can never know if it is lying or telling the truth about anything.
* Ezekiel 20:25-26 "Wherefore I gave them also statutes that were not good, And judgments whereby they should not live; 26 And I polluted them in their own gifts, In that they caused to pass through the fire all that openeth the womb, That I might make them desolate, To the end that they might know that I am the LORD. "
* Ezekiel 14:9 "And if the prophet be deceived when he hath spoken a thing, I the Lord have deceived that prophet, And I will stretch out my hand upon him, And will destroy him from the midst of my people Israel. "
* 1 Kings 22:23 "Now therefore, Behold, The LORD hath put a lying spirit in the mouth of all these thy prophets, And the LORD hath spoken evil concerning thee. "
* 2 Chronicles 18:22 "Now therefore, Behold, The Lord hath put a lying spirit in the mouth of these thy prophets, And the Lord hath spoken evil against thee. "
* 2 Thessalonians 2:11 "11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, That they should believe a lie:"
Makes sense? Regardless, Why would a "god" lie about anything?

"But as far as I know the Bible is the only one that has been able to prove its claims like the "all scripture is God-breathed". "
Ah yes, "god lied. "
And as far as you know. But something you do not know is according to perhaps the smartest person who has ever lived, Stephen Hawking, Something does come from nothing. Also as another example, The Mayans invented the number 0. Nothing. So before that number, The person who would have had to have thought of it would have had to have thought of nothing in order to have thought of something in order to have invented that number 0. There"s millions of examples like that. Something does come from nothing.
Btw, Who says the universe was "created"?
Btw, Screw universal law. It all goes topsy turvy when it comes to black holes. Btw, Let"s talk about black holes. It is now known that there are trillions of galaxies in this universe. At the carters of each galaxy are supermassive black holes. Black holes shape and form galaxies. They also bend light and nothing escapes. They are super-powered mega weapons. To put it bluntly, Say your unproven whatever supposed "god" exists, It cares more, By far, It"s not even a close call, For black holes, Than it does for a lowly species known as man.
"The universal law of cause and effect states that everything had to have a cause for it to happen, "
That"s 100% false. Don"t fall for the bastard Kalam. It"s an idiot ideal. Would you like some videos on it? Regardless, It most certainly does not prove a god.

According to the bible the jews are god"s chosen people. See how biased, Racist, And unequal that is? Btw, Who cares what the bible states? It"s not a good book to follow. Be honest. Have you read it?

"You see, We'll probably be taking care of heaven just as Adam and Eve did the Garden of Eden. "
Who would want to with such disgusting things as what"s already been mentioned? ***** (see above)

"I can see where you're coming from with the idea that God hates women. "
It"s far worse than TM 2:11. Your unproven god according to your print loves rape, And is by no means pro-life at all and there"s also verses of mothers eating their children, Yeah cannibalism and glorifying it. Would you like those verses? Now I give you fair warning. They are extremely sick and disgusting. That"s what the bible is.

LV 20:13 is as clear as day. Now here"s exactly to the letter what I mean by translation and update differences and how disjoined and how the messages are so screwed up and why no true genuine god would ever use text/ the written word KJV "If a man also lie with mankind, As he lieth with a woman, Both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them. "
NLT "If a man practices homosexuality, Having sex with another man as with a woman, Both men have committed a detestable act. They must both be put to death, For they are guilty of a capital offense. "
The word "homosexuality" was not out into yor bible until 1947. If your bible was the inspired word of god, No update would be needed.
Oh here"s the best. This one is wayyyyyyyyyy off"
WYC "If a man sleepeth with a man, By lechery of a woman, Ever either hath wrought unleaveful thing, Die they by death; their blood be on them. (If a man sleepeth with a man, Like in fleshly coupling with a woman, They both have done an unlawful thing, And they both shall be put to death; their blood be on them. )
See why a true genuine god would know of the fatal flaws of text/ the written word and would never use it?

Regardless, "sin"? Sin does not exist unless a god exists. You cannot prove that your god exists! Thankfully atheists do not worry about the baggage of "sin".
"But remember that in God's eyes every sin is equally bad. "
Yeah, It's a "believe in me or else you die" spoiled little brat attitude. If this "god" doesn't get its way, It either murders people or gets others to do the murdering for it.

"You're talking about the different "branches" (I guess) of Christianity? "
In other words, There's no consensus. And you go to war over it, To hate each other.

ALL religion is required to be banned if there is to be worldwide peace. It isn't just christianity.

Tc and have fun!

Con

Hi - I'm afraid that just yesterday as I talked to some people who I trust dearly and have a lot more experience than me (I'm very young), They said it's really not good for me to debate as they used to do it a lot, Until they learned that there's too many problems outweighing the value of arguing online. A few are: that it does a lot on your mental health (as in the end the other person (who is usually losing) adds very crude comments and attacks) and it wastes time as you can't convince everybody and just make the same arguments over and over to new people, Who constantly hit you with more cruel words. It's very degrading weary work. And a handful of these debates start because of not fully understanding the meaning behind the meaning (like many of your accusations can be explained by knowing about ceremonial, Civil, And moral laws; and the idea that religion causes the most war casualties). What you've told me doesn't change what I believe and know, It makes me dig into it more and become more familiar. We (me and my friends/loved ones) love debating, And as much as I'd like to continue, I'm deciding to be done for my own good. I'm gonna delete my account. Maybe I can be on in-person debate shows or something someday. You can call me a sore loser if you'd like, And you can say that I'm quitting because my beliefs are crumbling under what you've told me, But I'm truly telling you what's going on and what I'm thinking. Still, You don't have to believe me - after all, It's a right to believe what you want. I'm not trying to force anything onto you. I can only hope you might see stuff the way I do someday, Even though I did a terrible job explaining what I believe and why. I'll leave you with these things: first: The constitution and a lot of it's virtues and values (freedom of speech, Press, And religion as one) were written and inspired by Christian values. Second: Galatians 3:28 - "There is no longer Jew or Gentile, Slave or free, Male and female. For you are all one in Christ Jesus. " And finally, God bless.
Posted by Anonymous 1 month ago
brodiescott76
I don't think you have any room to criticize a persons ability to speak. Your own grasp of basic grammar is just depolorable.

Its also factually incorrect that you can build a strong nation without men. Odd for such a staunch proponent of atheist rationalism to make such an objectively false claim.
Posted by Anonymous 1 month ago
backwardseden
@Rbk - Your English, No offense, Is so horrid, That it is difficult at best, If not impossible to gather in what you are trying to say. Regardless, Um no. No idiot god if true and genuine in any possible way would never use text/ the written word, Namely your bible, Not for any reason, Not ever, As a form of communication, Advertisement, Correspondence, Which is the worst possible way to get its messages across from itself to man. There are at least 50 reasons for this. Hopefully, You can think of at least 3. If you can"t then you do not know your religion as well as you think. In fact, It"s not at all. To prove it, Think about ---anything---, Anything at all as far as what is the criteria that comes from a god and could NOT in any way possible have come from the mind of a human as far as a human is concerned in your bible? The fact is there's nothing godly about your bible that a man could not have come up with. In other words, It's a critical nature of falsifiability.

"All cultures give to women a domestic roll and to mens a supplier roll"
If you are saying that all cultures give men a domineering role and that women are spat upon, Sure, Most cultures do that as they have done in the past, But thankfully not all. Regardless, Your idiot bible 100% praises that idea and it is tepid at best as your unproven manure dump god that you cannot prove exists according to the bible truly hates women.
Regardless, Screw your idiotic ideal. Men most are certainly NOT needed to build a strong nation. Women can do just fine. So can those who are gay who your unproven whatever supposed unproven god according to your print hates for absolutely no reason whatsoever.
Posted by Anonymous 1 month ago
Rbk
You most to read Bible in a cultural and religious context, Were equality don"t exist in the same view we are looking at in modern times. In that times, All cultures give to women a domestic roll and to mens a supplier roll. Even in this context each men have different rolls and status to let them like society build a strong nation to all the needs covered
Posted by Anonymous 1 month ago
brodiescott76
Of course, Its a context used as a plural of magesty. Most likely a hold over from polytheistic religions that the bible drew from. That does nothing to discredit the statement being made. That humans are made in the image of their creator and thus have a divine likeness.

Yes have dominion. To exercise control over. Humans most definitely exercise our control over the planet more than polar bears and sharks. Even 2000 years ago, Human warriors hunted the great beasts of the world. We have dominion over bacteria as well, Without it we wouldnt have dairy, Fermentation, Immunity etc.

It is about equality. If were all made in gods image, All have something in common thats divine. And like god that divine uniformity requires the state to be subservient. This is the basis of individual rights and the presumption of innocence.
Posted by Anonymous 1 month ago
brodiescott76

Posted by Anonymous 1 month ago
backwardseden
Why are supposed christians (don't worry, There's no such thing as a christian) so useless in the education department and believe that they know all that there is to know when in fact they know 0% of nothing?
"The bible specifically states that all people are made in gods image"
No. That's not at all what "the bible" says. God did you completely ruin yourself.
Btw, That's my fav verse in the bible. GN 1: 26
"Then God said, "Let us make man in our image, After our likeness. "
First off, Who is this "us" and "our" So in fact according to YOUR BIBLE there is more than one god which means that according to you, Your religion is dead on the drawing table. Sorry, It's not the trinity that your yodeling Buddhist monk brain keeps getting tangled up in that was scribed ho knows how long after the death of your monarch? Oh there's plenty more. Would you like it? Yeah. Let's.
"And let them have dominion over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the heavens and over the livestock and over all the earth and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth. "
Have dominion. Domination. Well that's a 100% impossibility especially at that time in which case man could not have possibly had "dominion" over the great white shark, Polar bears etc. AND yeah teeny bopper, Man does NOT have dominion over microbes nor bacteria and never will if he is expected to survive. So your bible lied. Are you really this stupid? Yeah. Yah are.
Oh and btw, "in god's image" or whatever yah want to call and image and image, Sure, THERE'S NOTHING ABOUT EQUALITY.
Posted by Anonymous 1 month ago
brodiescott76
The bible specifically states that all people are made in gods image. We are all equal in that were are made in the divine image of god. This is the 2000 year precursor to equal rights.

Then God said, "Let us make man in our image, After our likeness. And let them have dominion over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the heavens and over the livestock and over all the earth and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth. " So God created man in his own image, In the image of God he created him; male and female he created them.