Moreno2
The_Dank_Gamer

Third Wave Feminism

Moreno2 has forfeited round #4.
Updated: 3 years ago Status: Debating Period

Moreno2

Con

First of all, please dont join this debate if you have any type of bias or get easily offended, this is supposed to be a respectful debate:

I dont think that third wave feminism is actually a movement pro-equal rights, and I'm gladly willing to debate it
The_Dank_Gamer

Pro

I mean, in all honesty, I don't agree with it either. But I will debate in its favor. I myself am a first/second wave.
Let's start this thing
Moreno2

Con

Alright, so my main argument against it would be the over victimization, that is something really common nowadays, people say they are opressed, or the world is unfair only for the sake of saying it and feeling better about them selves, I honestly dont see how females are 'opressed' nowadays, it just seems like a really distant thought to me, the argument feminists use the most is that 'we are raped way more' and that kind of stuff, and thats absolutely fake: Studies have shown us lately that in USA more men are raped anually than females, might seem absurd but if you count prison rape, thats the actual truth. And I dont think we should overlook rape in jails just because people did something bad, but thats another issue. So how would you say females are opressed in our modern day world in democratic countries?
The_Dank_Gamer

Pro

their main argument is the pay gap, which is that in America, women are paid 75c for every $1 a man is paid. some reasons that they believe this is the motherhood conspiracy. If you are wondering what that is, it is when women who are mothers are believed to have more commitment than men or single women, so they face higher expectations and less chance of a promotion. a different argument is that sexism still exists and employers might accidentally undervalue women, and overvalue men. on the topic of rape, I don't think that most people understand that a woman can rape a man, so they tend to overlook that, which is probably the reason 3rd waves think that.
Moreno2

Con

Well, the wage gap to me doesn't seem reasonable at all. They just got general earnings of both genders and then Obama came up with that statement, well, what I'm trying to say is, they didn't compare two individual people just salaries and earnings in general. More men apply to riskier jobs, such as the military and that stuff, which pay more. Women tend to pick safer jobs, and that pay less, and I don't think that is anything to do with society pressuring the genders into doing so, just that our bodies are proper to doing certain types of jobs, and the ones that demand the most of our body are normally more appropriate for males.
The_Dank_Gamer

Pro

being the fact that I am not 3rd wave, I had to do research, but now that the 4th is along, there aren't any sites, so umm, you win.
Posted by The_Dank_Gamer 3 years ago
The_Dank_Gamer
I am not a 3rd wave, I strongly disagree with them, I am just arguing, I too disagree with the wage gap, notice how I said "their" and not "our"
Posted by master-de-baiter 3 years ago
master-de-baiter
OH MY GOD the wage gap has be proven to be fake time after time.