ScottTheChessGod
anc2006

This site as died. I want peoples opinion on why?

ScottTheChessGod has forfeited round #3.
Updated: 4 days ago Status: Debating Period

ScottTheChessGod

Pro

This site has finally reached its conclusion. Does anybody know why this site failed?
anc2006

Con

This site did not fail.

This is like saying, "because the people are actually morally trash, Thus my religion is bad! " the trolls and waste users on this site does not stop this site from shining.
ScottTheChessGod

Pro

I'm sorry, But whenever you arrive at the website and open up debates or opinions. The majority of the debates and opinions are trolls. I logged on today, And this is what I see. A debate with the topic of "Gays should burn", I try to go onto the second page of debates and a message that says "Oops this is awkward. An unexpected error has occurred. " This has been like this for 2 weeks for me. I go onto the opinions and this is what I see. "Where to order (insert some drug name here) without prescription. "

The majority of the good debates nowadays are around religion, And about 80% of these are filled with insults, Swearing and just plain hate.

How can you not say that this site is dying?
anc2006

Con

Well I refuse to refute.

Well if the opinions and open debates are bad it is the USER's fault, Not the site's. In freedom of speech if you say that you are going to kill someone but not actually doing doesn't earn you a 999$ fine nor a break in jail. If the debates say that gays should burn you should convince them not to, Because freedom of speech exists, And you can't blame them for thinking that just because they are the minority. I am not defending them, But they aren't "harmful" to the site. The site running on pure codes with only 0 or 1 moderators only recognize them as strings, Not offensive language. If you'd say Dart is better it is because of people, And anybody with programming knowledge can ban backwardseden.

Unless you open the HOME page and it says Oops an unexpected error! It is not dead because as long as somebody accepts debates like me, The second page debates will come to the first. Because this website still exists and it i still pretty much functional, Thus is is not dead yet. If you open something and it either cannot be opened in any circumstances, Or the whole website cannot be exited or interacted when its type is so, It is dead. Debate. Org isn't even halfway there. It is just barely there. But Debate. Org isn't a fantastic website either. It just is not dead yet.
Posted by Lynx_N 3 days ago
Lynx_N
Max is, As I joyfully just recently discovered, Still the forum moderator, AKA Airmax1227.
Posted by anc2006 4 days ago
anc2006
Honestly this page is already a forum thread in the comments.
Posted by anc2006 4 days ago
anc2006
lynx-n, Who exactly is that max guy you are talking about?
Posted by anc2006 4 days ago
anc2006
scott, How do you know if this site is dead when you haven't even complete a debate at all?
Posted by Brendo 4 days ago
Brendo
I"d moderate for free. Too bad no one would reply in order for me to make the offer. I"ve contacted almost everyone I can. Admins, Juggle, Ect. Not even one reply from anyone.
Posted by FanboyMctroll 4 days ago
FanboyMctroll
Nobody is going to moderate this site for free.

Hell they want to pay me $100, 000/year sure I will moderate
Posted by Lynx_N 4 days ago
Lynx_N
Site owners, Who pay for, Or perhaps even host the site themselves, Don't necessarily have to do all the moderating themselves, They'll gladly appoint moderators and leave it to them to keep the site spick and span.

And moderators usually don't get one iota for all the time they spend mopping up all the BS that inevitably finds it's way into all forum segments, Though they will, Usually, Have to put up with a whole lot of personal attacks themselves, Comes with the territory.
Posted by FanboyMctroll 4 days ago
FanboyMctroll
I agree with Lynx_N, Lack of moderation but that is because there is a lack of money coming in and nobody wants to moderate for free.
Posted by Lynx_N 5 days ago
Lynx_N
Spam, Lack of moderation, Overtrolling, Outdated/unmaintained often broken software running the site, Current site owners not giving F's about what goes on in here.
Max should both own and run the site.
Posted by Brendo 5 days ago
Brendo
The moderators on this site has abandoned it. Juggle, An American company, Owns the website. They haven"t fixed any issues that continue to show on this website.

The main problem is that the moderators has also abandoned this website. The site president, TUF, Hasn"t been online for months. The last moderator, AirMax, Quit this site a few months ago. He was the last person who was able to give users voting rights since the only other way was to apply for it, But that system has been broken for years. Now no one is able to vote since the only people who have voting rights also quit this website and moved onto other websites such as DebateArt.