serenapp
omar234

Those with disablities (physical and mental) have the right to reproduce

serenapp

Pro

I was browsing the website when I came across a debate like this (https://www. Debate. Org/debates/Should-those-with-mental-illnesses-produce. /1/) and it provoked some interest in me. In this first argument, I intend on only making my stance on this very clear so it doesn't confuse anyone:
I believe that those with disabilities, Whether it be mental or physical, Have the right to reproduce.

Thank you to whoever chooses in debating with him and I'll talk to you more in the next argument.
omar234

Con

Why individuals who have a mental illness should nor reproduce is mainly because you're mental health needs to be at a 100% before handling a responsibility such as a infant human being, Which is generally a MAJOR responsibility and when you can't comprehend or process what's happening around you to the best of your ability. With a mental illness, There is a slight chance you can take a punishment too far and thus, Could result in injury or even death of the child.
serenapp

Pro

I'd like to clear this up right now; I believe that it is a right and also do think that morals can be used in this debate since morality affects so much in society.

I believe that being able to reproduce is a right and the government should have no place in that.
First, I'll argue for mental disabilities.
When I say mental disabilities, I mean of all sorts, Including ones born into and ones gained throughout a lifetime.

Of course, Having such a responsibility of taking care of an infant life is quite important and should not be taken lightly. But to ban a person of a mental disability to not having a child is inhumane. The right to reproduce is a universal human right and it should not be excluded to those of mental disabilities. Of course, If a person has a high risk of passing their disability to their child, Doctors and such should be aware and help the mother throughout the journey of the pregnancy and and life of the child. It is the mother's choice whether she wants to risk her offspring to such chances if she has an inherited disease. To say that bringing a child into the world, That will probably suffer, Is a reason to ban people with genetic mental disabilities from reproducing does not seem like a reasonable argument. To say that someone that will inevitably suffer is a reason to stop them from coming into the world at all doesn't quite seem like a reasonable argument. Everyone will suffer and yes, Those with disabilities will certainly suffer more than the average person but they deserve a chance at life; that right cannot be taken away.

I'm excited to see your argument and I look forward to continuing the discussion.
omar234

Con

I'd first like to apologize for that rude comment from Thoht. I am actually the real omar. There is someone on here by the name of omar he has the same exact username as me, But he has a 5 by his name. That is the one who is the imposter. He is tricking several people and he keeps getting his friends to trick other people getting them to believe that I'm some troll or some fake when that is not true at all. I'm the real one. The other guy is a fake trying to ruin my name and jealous that I can debate better than him. Please disregard Thoht's comment. On to our debate:

After seeing your point of view you've actually made me change my mind. By me saying those types of things they were very immoral of me and I feel bad for saying that. I now am on your side and I think that mental and physical disabled humans deserve and have the right to reproduce.

I believe that those with mental illnesses that can be passed down should not reproduce, As they are not able to function well in our society and need our resources and our help to help them survive, But we get nothing in return. . . For example, Those with trisomy 21, Have a 50% to pass down their disability to their children. Thats a huge chance, Compared to many other illnesses. Now, I know what a lot of people will say, " Its barbaric to stop people form reproducing. Its their free will and to take that chance to be a parent away is awful. " I disagree, I've had these comments before. Isn't it barbaric to openly agree to bring a child into this world, Who will only be attacked and mocked and ridiculed all their life? They won't be able to function well in our society, Won't be accepting or fit in at many places. And 90% of those with trisomy 21 live in poverty. I don't want to say I don't support being a parent, I'm just saying I don't support those with mental illnesses to have children as they are just bringing another child who will never have a FUNCTIONING normal life into this world. No, There is no way we can enforce this. Im not trying to get people to enforce this to happen, I'm just debating my views. And hoping those with the illness will make a mental choice to not bring another life into the world that can have their mutation. Thank you, And please don't bring religion or Morales into this. Bring only facts and debates please and thanks. I'm excited to see your argument, Hopefully we agree on the rest of the debate. Thanks.

Round 2 submitted. On to Round 3.
serenapp

Pro

serenapp forfeited this round.
omar234

Con

omar234 forfeited this round.
serenapp

Pro

serenapp forfeited this round.
omar234

Con

omar234 forfeited this round.
serenapp

Pro

serenapp forfeited this round.
omar234

Con

omar234 forfeited this round.
Posted by Kvng_8 3 years ago
Kvng_8
@Anonymous oh okay sorry i misunderstood
Posted by Anonymous03 3 years ago
Anonymous03
@Kvng_8
No, I'm not calling you fake. Seeing as you haven't said anything previously in this discussion, Why would I address you at all? I'm calling Omar234 fake, Not you.

Also, What does my name have anything to do with my statement being invalid? I'm trying to be anonymous, Hence the name; there's nothing about my name that suggests that I'm fake.

Honestly, I'm beginning to think Omar234 just forgot to switch accounts.
Posted by canis 3 years ago
canis
There are no rights according to evolution. What is evolution? What surwieves.
Posted by omar234 3 years ago
omar234
LOL98 I am the real omar I promise, The other one is the impostor
Posted by LOL98700z 3 years ago
LOL98700z
Thoht, What did he do? Also i guess we all know Omar 234 is troll.
Posted by DeletedUser 3 years ago
DeletedUser
interesting debate serenapp after this feel free to challenge me, I think they don't have the right to reproduce
Posted by Kvng_8 3 years ago
Kvng_8
@Anonymous03

You're calling me fake? Coming from the person who has the username "Anonymous"
Posted by Thoht 3 years ago
Thoht
Nazis also breathed air and drank water.

Frankly, There's no grounds for us to prohibit 1st generation incest at least if we don't want to prevent people with inheritable disorders from reproducing.

No one is arguing for physically disabled individuals whose DNA didn't make them way and whose disabilities are not inheritable from reproducing.
Posted by billsands 3 years ago
billsands
some disabilities are not inheritable so it is no reason to sterilize an automobile accident victim for example. . This is such a touchy subject. . The nazis did this no one wants to be like the nazis
Posted by Anonymous03 3 years ago
Anonymous03
Well then, Pro might want to take a look at their mentioned debate (Should those with mental illnesses produce) because either 'Omar234' plagiarised from that debate or someone copied from Omar; seeing as Omar is probably fake, I'd be inclined to believe the former.