EStone523
backwardseden

True Christians Hate Homosexual People

EStone523

EStone523

Con

*For the sake of simplicity and consistency within the argument, I ask that my opponent uses verses from the New King James Version (NKJV) Bible. I will be using this version as well. Should my opponent not be able to use NKJV for any reason, I ask they use the traditional King James Version (KJV) Bible to help retain consistency.

I've heard many people comment that Christians 'hate' homosexuals and members of the LGBTQ+ community. I believe that while the Bible does state that homosexuality it a sin, As stated in Leviticus 20:13: "If a man lies with a male as he lies with a woman, Both of them have committed an abomination", The Bible does not call for Christians to hate homosexual people.

This can be proven in a few verses throughout the Bible:

1. Matthew 7:1-5, "[1] Do not judge, Or you too will be judged. [2] For in the same way you judge others, You will be judged, And with the measure you use, It will be measured to you. [3] Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother's eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? [4] How can you say to your brother, 'Let me take the speck out of your eye, ' when all the time there is a plank in your own eye? [5] You hypocrite, First take the plank out of your own eye, And then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye. "

2. James 4:11-12, "[11] Brothers and sisters, Do not slander one another. Anyone who speaks against a brother or sister or judges them speaks against the law and judges it. When you judge the law, You are not keeping it, But sitting in judgment on it. [12] There is only Lawgiver and Judge, The one who is able to save and destroy. But you-who are you to judge your neighbor? "

3. Romans 2:1-3, "[1] You, Therefore, Have no excuse, You who pass judgment on someone else, For at whatever point you judge another, You are condemning yourself, Because you who pass judgment do the same things. [2] Now we know that God's judgment against those who do such things is based on truth. [3] So when you, A mere human being, Pass judgment on them and yet do the same things, Do you think you will escape God's judgment? "

4. Luke 6:37, 40, "[37] Do not judge, And you will not be judged. Do not condemn, And you will not be condemned. Forgive, And you will be forgiven. . . [40] The student is not above the teacher, But everyone who is fully trained will be like the father. "

5. John 8:2-8, "[2] At dawn he appeared again in the temple courts, Where all the people gathered around him, And he sat down to teach them. [3] The teachers of the law and the Pharisees brought in a woman caught in adultery. They made her stand before the groups [4] and said to Jesus, 'Teacher, This woman was caught in the act of adultery. [5] In the Law Moses commanded us to stone such women. Now what do you say? ' [6] They were using this question as a trap, In order to have a basis for accusing him. But Jesus bent down and started to write on the ground with his finger. [7] When they kept on questioning him, He straightened up and said to them, 'Let any one of you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her. ' [8] Again he stooped down and wrote on the ground.

There are plenty more times in the Bible it is stressed to not judge others by their actions and to be kind to people as Jesus commanded us. Under these commandments, It is impossible for a true Christian to hate homosexual people.
backwardseden

Pro

True christians, In which there is no such a thing, Its an impossibility, That's a major super contradiction if there ever was one because christ was not the messiah to begin with, So let's prove him to be false with a few verses that nobody follows and this includes Con.
Here's a few verses to prove that christ is not the messiah
christ orders you to divide your families and the father shall be divided against his son, The daughter against the mother etc. Do you think these verses specified are the marks of someone who is sane, Wise, Sensible, Rational? Y____? N____? Why? Why Not? And would you ever for any reason deliberately go out of your way to divide your family as YOUR christ orders in these verses? Y____? N____? Why____? Why not____? Only christ who was completely batty and off his rocking chair to the center of this big bang black hole universe with an obvious squeegee stuck in his tonsils would merit such verbs and nouns.
Matthew 10: 35-37
Luke 12 51-53
Matthew 19: 28-29
-------
christ tells you to get rid of ALL of your possessions and then come follow me. You haven't. You have a computer, Probably a smartphone, Some furniture, Etc etc and then have you followed YOUR completely insane christ to do this? Why no! Because you are nowhere near insane enough to give up ALL of your possessions and follow an afterthought schoolboy in which nobody has ever proved even existed. So would you ever get rid of all of your possessions and then follow this christ figure? Y____? N____? Why____? Why not____?
Luke 14:33
Luke 18:22
Matthew 19:21
Matthew 13:22
If you say "Yes" to any of these questions, Then you are as clearly as insane as your christ back then. It is point blank obvious that all of the questions asked require a "no" answer. Now if you give a "no" answer, Its simple, This means you do not believe in your christ.

Now just because Con has presented verses of "love your yeeky neighbor", "do not judge", "do not slander" etc. . . What do they have to do with so-called christians and their the putdown of the LGBTQ community? That answer is "nothing". Because the wording in the verses in what Con has thus far mentioned has nothing to do with the LGBTQ community.

Indeed christians truly hate those that "If a man lies with a male as he lies with a woman, Both of them have committed an abomination. They shall surely be put to death. Their blood shall be upon them. " are homosexuals as their bible's perfectly describes AND demands their deaths. Now is this a correct thing to do? Y____? N____? Why____? Why not____?
Clearly once again this requires a "no" answer. If in any way there is a "yes" response, Then its simple really. . . You are as bankrupt and as immoral as your god in which you cannot prove even exists. If you say "no, Then you do not believe in YOUR god. Simple.

christ never stated one damn word about being gay. Yet strangely christians and only christians like packs of wolves are against being gay. And they have the $$$$$ to back them. Otherwise being gay here in this country would fizzle like a used hamburger turned to ash and those who are gay would be able to live their lives as they see fit. And the other thing is, Is there's no reason "why" christians hate gays in their bible or in person other than it is what it is. Yeah. Talk about being totally 100% irresponsible. But then again, That's exactly what christianity and god is as god is based on hate as he hates children.

Con can reenter all the verses from the bible she wants. But unless they have something, Anything to do with the gay community, Those verses are meaningless for this conversation.
EStone523

Con

Backwardseden, I'm sorry but I will not be debating with you.

You only accepted this challenge to attempt to rant about how you hate Christianity and how you do not believe in God and you want to prove he is false-I'm not here to debate that. You consistently take the Bible out of context and you are rude and overall a distasteful person towards any of your opposers.

If you can manage to have a more professional conduct and are willing to debate the topic and only the topic I have put before you, Then I will continue this debate. Until then, Good day.
backwardseden

Pro

Wow. You support Donald Trump and you think for a trillionth of a second that I'm being "rude"? Would you like to retract that statement as he's rude every single time he opens his teeth for a yodeling caw from his hamster wheel? Are YOU serious?

Here's a very simple question for you. . . Since you were obviously point blank indoctrinated into your beliefs. . . If there is ever some truth, Reasoning and common sense that would be laid in your lap that would 100% disprove your god's existence, Would you still believe in your god?
EStone523

Con

EStone523 forfeited this round.
backwardseden

Pro

backwardseden forfeited this round.
Posted by TheBoldDebator 2 years ago
TheBoldDebator
As much as homosexuality is a sin, Christians should not hate the people who do it, But they should hate the sin.
Posted by politicsfortherun 2 years ago
politicsfortherun
@Winter4Hope I agree. I"m an example of that not all do right here.
Posted by omar2345 2 years ago
omar2345
@Winter4Hope

"If God made you Gay? Why would he discriminate you? "
Biblical God clearly states homosexuality is sinful. Meaning God created sin. So basically God is not the source for all moral good instead using humans as his plaything.
Posted by Winter4Hope 2 years ago
Winter4Hope
If God made you Gay? Why would he discriminate you? And not all Christians hate gay people. That"s a very broad statement
Posted by politicsfortherun 2 years ago
politicsfortherun
I see why the person who created this debate refused to debate with you. I refuse to answer and respect your option while you persecute mine. Goodbye.
Posted by backwardseden 2 years ago
backwardseden
Well first of all, No, Not by any means am I gay. However if you are a supposed christian (don't worry, There's no such a thing as being a christian), Your bible instructs you to murder gays. And the thing that is most disturbing is there is no "why"? Its just do it. The god in the bible as presented oh so well is a superior ego god complex as that's what the bible is based on and nothing else and this storybook character is nothing more than a terrorizer.
Posted by politicsfortherun 2 years ago
politicsfortherun
@backwardseden Why would I hate you? I still believe at the end of the day that it"s your choice. I don"t agree but I don"t hate you at all
Posted by backwardseden 2 years ago
backwardseden
@politicsfortherun - No offense, But when you "number" things, It makes you look really anal retentive. Now here's some reality. . . Ah yes, Why don"t we all pass laws that should deny equality to those that are religious and believe in god? After all, It is only they that hunt down the gays in numbers only with mammoth amounts of $$$$$ here in this country as they so lovingly trot their steps. Without their pathetic cowardly hateful religion, As their god hates even children for jeez sakes, With their thankfully failing and fading numbers and $$$$$, Yep, You can count on it, The issue of being gay here in this country would fizzle like a log cabin without the syrup and everybody who is gay would be accepted as being normal. Indeed it is religion and god that is highly abnormal because of all of its needless inspired hate. You might want to read the awe inspiring bible sometime especially with its manmade updates. Let"s look at a few translations right now shall we? Leviticus 20:13 KJV "If a man also lie with mankind, As he lieth with a woman, Both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them. " NLT "If a man practices homosexuality, Having sex with another man as with a woman, Both men have committed a detestable act. They must both be put to death, For they are guilty of a capital offense. " The word "homosexual" and it other verbs and nouns were not added until 1947. So sorry man does change the bible quite frequently to suit HIS wants, Needs and desires. Here"s a translation GONE from this earth. . . WYC "If a man sleepeth with a man, By lechery of a woman, Ever either hath wrought unleaveful thing, Die they by death; their blood be on them. (If a man sleepeth with a man, Like in fleshly coupling with a woman, They both have done an unlawful thing, And they both shall be put to death; their blood be on them. ) Now hate me all you want. That's exactly what your god demands.
Posted by omar2345 2 years ago
omar2345
"They haven"t greatly affected us from going to church or continuing to spread God"s word and Love"
So them sinning is not hindering God's love?

"The devil created hell. "
Who created the devil?

"He wasn"t annoyed he was mad. Think if you were in his standpoint. "
Annoyance is not a trait of the devil?
Tell me how being annoying is a moral thing to do from the source of all moral authority God?

"If God says that it would be in his will to do something, And his Word approves, Then yes as a Christian I am supposed to do it. "
So you are a slave for God?

"When you disagree with something, It doesn"t make you happy. So, Yes he disagrees with it. But doesn"t hate it. "
From the source of all good God can do something immoral? Annoyance is not a moral thing.

"And no I do not love the devil. Do you? "
You don't love all. Does God love all?

"That"s a decision I made about that. "
Who programmed that decision?

"What"s important is that I try. "
Try but fail. Failing is more important than trying. If that wasn't when a doctor fails a procedure. Is him/her trying the important part or that he failed and cost a life?
Posted by politicsfortherun 2 years ago
politicsfortherun
1) Gays aren"t tarnishing what God started. They haven"t greatly affected us from going to church or continuing to spread God"s word and Love
2) The devil created hell. It"s his domain. And he doesn"t send them to hell. He gives them the option to ask for forgiveness and he will accept and forgive them.
Vote Placed by timmyjames 2 years ago
timmyjames
EStone523backwardsedenTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro simply did not debate the resolution. None of his points addressed why Christians hate homosexuals, they only addressed why he hates Christians