Foolsontop
judey

True Equality

Foolsontop

Pro

You can call me a sexist all you want, But you can push a woman away if she is attacking you, And if she has you on the ground and is pounding you, You can do whatever you have to do to get her away from you. The funny thing is though, Is that if I were to replace the her"s, She"s, And woman"s in that sentence with him"s, He"s, And men"s, Almost everyone who is reading this would agree.
Men are "oppressed" too, In the sense that we are expected to be "gentlemen" and should treat all women as if they were the holy grail. We are expected to hide our feelings as if we were lifeless creatures. More boys have been reportedly physically bullied than girls. White men in particular have the highest suicide rate out of all groups, Even supposedly "oppressed" groups.
I am not a feminist, In fact I am against feminism, But for equality among all races, Sexes, Ethnic groups, Etc. I believe the wage gap is practically invisible(more info on the PragerU website). And on top of all that, I am 13 years old and still learning about all sides of my arguments. If I have left anything out that may affect my view on these topics, Please email me, Or comment on it if possible on the site you are seeing this on. My email address is neesedylan(gmail). I have left the sites I used below. I love to learn more about these topics and other topics so any extra information would be greatly appreciated.

https://afsp. Org/about-suicide/suicide-statistics/
https://www. Pacer. Org/bullying/resources/stats. Asp
judey

Con

Hello, You are saying that white men are clearly more oppressed than other races and genders, Your facts state that white men have a high suicide rate, But what else can you expect they are in the majority and therefore anything that can happen to someone as a group, Will typically happen to them at a higher rate. And even then though men might have a higher physical abuse rate, Women have higher verbal abuse rate, And many minority groups are, Or have been in history, The target of murderers and clinical insane groups, Like the KKK. And on to your argument about the wage, Yes it has decreased in years, It still exists and stands to show the inequality in this world, Especially in the workplace. All of your facts state that majority is actually the subject to inequality, Though most of your facts just have to be thought about with common sense to realize they aren't true or mean nothing.
Foolsontop

Pro

Foolsontop forfeited this round.
judey

Con

just look at my previous arguments.
Foolsontop

Pro

Foolsontop forfeited this round.
judey

Con

judey forfeited this round.
Posted by John_C_1812_II 3 years ago
John_C_1812_II
A true equality can only be formed from things that are capable of becoming equal. All men are created equal. All woman are created equal.
Posted by WhippyBits 3 years ago
WhippyBits
What are you arguing for? That feminism is bad? Or are you just stating that you believe that feminists should stop everything that they are doing to fight for general 'equality'? I'm a guy so I admit I may not know, Understand, Or ever experience what its like to experience gender inequality but this is my understanding of feminism.

I think you may be looking at some extreme examples of feminism. I agree with you on a certain level that, Yes, All peoples of race, Gender, Etc. Should be treated equally but saying that you are opposed to feminism because 'men are oppressed too' (in the literal or figurative way you use the word) is ignorant to the fact that in the past, Women were treated very badly. Women were able to vote in 1920, That's pretty recent. You may even have family members that lived through it.

In my opinion, Feminism at its core is about giving women the same rights, Freedoms, And social expectations as men. It's not about saying women are better than men at absolutely everything. In addition, I think its unrealistic to say that all women should be held the same as all men. We are all unique and different. I am good at certain things, And you are at others. It boils down to, Just treat everyone normally with no social or gender stigmas.

I'd go as far to say that being a gentleman and putting women on a golden pedestal like you mentioned runs counter to what feminism truly is. Its about being treated like a normal human being. Also, Countering an extreme with another extreme belief, Ie. Screw feminism, ONLY EQUALITY is very dangerous and can potentially walk back or undermine all the good work/milestones feminists have accomplished over the years. Being a feminist isn't exclusive of believing in equality, Its a stepping stone.