DavisK4
NKJVPrewrather

Trump- Do the Positives Outweight the Negatives?

DavisK4

Con

Donald Trump was elected President of the United States on November 8th, 2016. So far in his presidency, have his victories outweighed his downfalls? Have at it.
NKJVPrewrather

Pro

I am a centrist Democrat, but President Trump is better than hypocrite Obama on a few things, let me count the ways. I am defending PRESIDENT Trump on things like religious liberty, fair trade, and whooping the a@@ of the so called Islamic state. I am so done with the liberal antitheist minority trampling on the religious rights of Christians. Everyone's favorite game for the left is to demonize Christ and Christians, when we just want to live our lives. Taking God out of this country is causing so many problems. Next: Israel and Jerusalem. When two out of three Abrahamic religions say they belong to the Jews, they probably do. Next: His "right to try" unproven therapies for hopless medical situations is better than relying on suicide as a fix it. Fair and recipricle trade: Yes please. Should we really trade with Mexico? Nope. Not until they control their crime rate. Trump is tough on crime. Right to life can be kind of sketchy, but abortion kills a person and wounds another. Respect for the US Flag: Stop playing the race card, work towards true racial unity which I learned from a conservative, and HONOR those who shed their oiwn blood, or risked doing so for you lawfully protected Constitutional rights. Challenging 911 narative? Sure, I have seen the evidence, and the government is hiding something. I am evenly split down the middle, and President Trump is a grade above Obama who reviled Republican policies WHILE ADMITTING on a video that he would be a Republican if he ran in the 80s and continued reviled Republican policies. Maybe I should be an independent, but Trump has a strong populist message.
DavisK4

Con

Thanks for the response, I am looking forward to this. Firstly, I would like to say straight off the bat that I agree with your message about respecting the US flag and not see race, as these are fundamental bi-partisan values. I would first address your opening thesis on your defending Trump on topics such as religious liberty, fair trade and "whooping the a@@ of the so-called Islamic State". As for the favorite game of the left, I would like to firmly denounce this and false. Both the left and the right should be able to share religious freedom, which is in fact what you are arguing for and agreeing with the President on. When you mention that taking God out of this country is causing so many problems, it's important to step back and re-examine the ideals and the fundamental pillars on which our country was built upon. The First Amendment guarantees religious freedom and the ability to choose what you wish to believe. If you are looking to take a stance in defense of our country's ideals and in defense of your lawfully protected Constitutional rights, I would make sure to double check your writing next time. As for the crime rate in Mexico, I would like to point out that the rates in America are quite higher than the specific crimes you are trying to protect our country from. The US has twice the rate of rape crimes per capita than Mexico, eight times more total crimes than Mexico, and six times the opiates usage than Mexico. Biased tendencies aside, if we are looking to solve these problems that have unfortunately become associated with American society, we should perhaps look within our own borders. I will not get into Trump's personal affairs (however scandalous as they may be) because I firmly believe that the American people should hold faith in their commander in chief. However, Donald Trump is a special case - - I am proud to be an American, but I am embarrassed to be an American represented by our current President.
NKJVPrewrather

Pro

Thank you for a quality debate, but may I beg your pardon on so cslled liberal religious liberty. I don't want to come off wrong, but liberals are not as tolerant towards religious people in general as they would have you believe. When a Christian business wants to not participate in a gay wedding, they are fined and forced out of business, and that is unfair. If anyone feels that providing me service would violate their say Muslim religion, I would thank them for their honesty and find another business. Conservatives are trying to balance things out a bit.You seen very moderate, and I like that about you, but do you really think liberals stand for religious liberty, when they got bent out of shape over a Chtristmas tree on my home town? Just saying. Ima send you a debate, as there is more I want to discuss.
DavisK4

Con

The First Amendment applies to all. If I may quote you, if a Christian business wants to not participate in a gay wedding, it is indeed unfair for them to be thrown out of business. As a Liberal, I will tell you that both Conservatives and Liberals stand for religious liberty. The First Amendment holds a truth in all American's minds. However, the interpretation of it is where we find our political differences. Citizens can indeed say what they want but must face the repercussions of what they say. If a Christian business restricts service to a gay couple because of the business' values and beliefs, it is their right. However, in today's world, people have different opinions surrounding these topics, and the business should expect the backlash from members of their community who do not agree. As you said, if anyone providing you a service denied you because of their religion, it is their right, and as you said, you would thank them for it and leave, not throw them out of business. Time is steady, and opinions will shift in accordance with society's norm. I feel like generalization is part of the root of this problem. If Liberals are upset in your hometown because there is a symbol of a religion that they do not identify with, a Christmas tree, for example, then they should write a letter to a public office and move on to more important issues. I will agree with you on that point. However, if you are assuming that all Liberals get upset about a Christmas tree, then you are mistaken - - In fact, I am a perfect example of your mistakenness. Today, I feel that it is important to continue to develop and thrive in a community where the right to say and act how you wish and the consequences of saying and acting how you wish go hand in hand.
NKJVPrewrather

Pro

If it applies to all, why do liberals hate Christians so much. If a Muslim wants to refuse to participate in my activity, they have that right. Free thought, is a right for everyone. Liberals also have no respect for free speech either, and yes, some conservatives do the same. I do think liberals and conservatives both have good policies, and plan on supporting Bernie for the antitorture and single payer healthcare. I tire of the political binary, and would be a libertarian with the exception of some social programs, and returning America to God.