omar2345
uinq

Trump is a bad president

omar2345

Pro

I've changed my mind of Trump. He is a bad president. I would like my opponent to start with why Trump is a good president in Round 1. If Con does not want to start then Round 1 can be considered acceptance Round.
uinq

Con

Contention One: Jobs
Under the Obama presidency, There was a total of 2 million jobs created. Under the Trump presidency already 3 years in there was a total of 4 million jobs created already.

Contention 2: Economy
The economy is growing, For example, The GDP is growing at a 3 percent-plus rate. The unemployment rate is near a 50-year low. Meanwhile, The stock market has jumped 27 percent amid a surge in corporate profits.
omar2345

Pro

I can't find anything related as evidence with increase in jobs so I will pass the burden back to you because what I am doing is providing the burden of proof you did not.

The GDP is growing at a 3 percent-plus rate.
In what way does GDP help to improve the life of Americans? It doesn't and as I have shown with the two below it can't be given as a good reason why Trump is a good president becasue both sources I have stated is that the trend started under Obama and what Trump needed to do is not ruin what Obama did well.

The unemployment rate is near a 50-year low.
If we look at source 1 it was already on a general trend of decreasing. If Trump really had an impact on unemployment there would be a more drastic decrease when he when into office instead it is a repeat of what happened during Obama's presidency. The decline in unemployment rate started with Obama and continues with Trump. Trump can't take credit for that because the start of the decrease occured during Obama's presidency not when Trump took office. You state 50 year low as if there was some drastic decline under Trump. It wasn't. It was the same gradual decline under Obama and if Trump really did do good for the economy the decline would not be decreasing at the same rate as Obama was in charge.

The stock market has jumped 27 percent amid a surge in corporate profits.
Source 2 clearly states rich people use the stock market. If this was so good for the majority of Americans it would benefit people would lower incomes but it doesn't. It states from the source only 21% of people earning below $30, 000 a year use the stock market whereas 79% of people use the stock market who earn more than $30, 000 a year. This basically means the stock market is used by the rich to be richer. If your argument was that Trump was helping America with the stock market I will say no he isn't. He is only making the rich richer.

Even the stock market itself can be considered a reason why Trump is a good president. This is because the stock market was already on a general trend of increasing. Meaning under Obama it was increase at similar rates so basically all Trump had to do was don't ruin what Obama did and the stock market will be okay. This is from source 3.

Another thing I would like to add is that before 2016 the wages were showing a general trend of increasing. Meaning under Obama the wage increasing and it still is under Trump. If Trump did something radical the numbers would not increasing at similar levels instad we should see a significant increase in numbers. We don't and that can be found in Source 4.

Remove spaces so that the links will work.

Source 1: https://tradingeconomics. Com/united-states/unemployment-rate
Source 2: https://news. Gallup. Com/poll/211052/stock-ownership-down-among-older-higher-income. Aspx
Source 3: https://www. Macrotrends. Net/1358/dow-jones-industrial-average-last-10-years
Source 4: https://www. Bls. Gov/news. Release/pdf/wkyeng. Pdf

uinq

Con

uinq forfeited this round.
uinq

Con

uinq forfeited this round.
Posted by omar2345 3 years ago
omar2345
Correction

If Trump did something radical the numbers would not increasing
If Trump did something radical the numbers would not be increasing
Posted by omar2345 3 years ago
omar2345
Correction

Meaning under Obama it was increase at similar
Meaning under Obama it was increasing at similar

Meaning under Obama the wage increasing and it still is under Trump.
Meaning under Obama wages were increasing and that trend carried on with Trump's presidency.
Posted by omar2345 3 years ago
omar2345
Correction

Even the stock market itself can be considered a reason why Trump is a good president.

Even the stock market itself can't be considered a reason why Trump is a good president.