luckyobserver
Nd2400

Trump's Removal from the JCPOA (Iran Deal)

luckyobserver has forfeited round #2.
Updated: 1 year ago Status: Debating Period

luckyobserver

Con

Hello all! This is my first debate in a while on my brand new account. I decided that since the last time I even partook in a debate at CentristX, my views have changed and my opinions have become more developed, requiring a fresh start here on Debate.org.

I'm looking for someone to debate about the pulling out of the JCPOA by President Trump just a few weeks ago.

This debate is (or should) be impossible to accept. To accept the PRO side of the debate, please comment if you are interested. Unauthorized acceptance of this debate will result in automatic forfeiture.

Each side will argue the following contentions:

CON (luckyobserver): I disagree with President Trump's decision to pull out of the JCPOA and I believe this decision will be detrimental because...

PRO (-): I agree with President Trump's decision to pull out of the JCPOA and I believe this decision will be beneficial because...

Keep in mind, when arguing whether or not the pulling out of the JCPOA was a good thing, the definitions of beneficial and detrimental go beyond just the consequences pertaining to the United States. These include international implications as well.

This debate is 4 rounds.
Debate Itinerary:

Round 1: Acceptance, Rules, Definitions, etc.
Round 2: Introduction, Opening Arguments (NO REBUTTALS)
Round 3: Rebuttals
Round 4: Rebuttals and Closing Arguments

To my knowledge, only one thing should be clearly defined for this debate:

JCPOA: The Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action, as agreed upon by Iran and the P5+1 to lift international sanctions on Iran in exchange for the dismantlement of Iran's nuclear program. The details of the JCPOA can be found directly and officially here:

https://www.state.gov...

I believe I've covered everything for the rules of this debate. If you wish to accept the debate but you would like to see something changed about the rules, please comment or message me and we might be able to work something out.

Otherwise, if you wish to accept the debate, please say so in the comment section.

I'm looking forward to a factual and intellectual debate!
Nd2400

Pro

We'll frist i want to say thank you for this interesting debate topic. Should be interesting.

So, i will use this round as Acceptance, and accepts the terms and conditions of this debate.

Looking forward to hear what you have to say in your opening round.

The table is now yours!!!!
Posted by Nd2400 1 year ago
Nd2400
So, what happens to you on this debate? Though you were actually going to debate me on this issue...
Posted by Nd2400 1 year ago
Nd2400
By the way, thanks for fixing the time limit....
Posted by luckyobserver 1 year ago
luckyobserver
@Nd2400

Absolutely.
Posted by Nd2400 1 year ago
Nd2400
Oh before i accept. Could you change the time limit for per round instead of 48 hrs could you do 72. Just like having an extra day to have so i don't feel rush...
Posted by Nd2400 1 year ago
Nd2400
Well at the very beginning of this conversation i was confusing myself too. LoL but after thinking more and more about it, i realized trump is right about this issue on pulling out. Even if it is a power play by him and 5he US. He forcing the EU to get on board with the US or they will struggle too with these new sanctions. But in the end of this the EU will get on board with the US because they have no choice. And trump knows this. Same with Iran they will be force to go along with the US with a new deal. Just like what is happening with North Korea.

You against trump from pulling out, and i see the light at the end of the tunnel. So I'm with trump on this.

So, sure i will accept. Just give me a day to review your side because you put a lot in that round one section..
Posted by luckyobserver 1 year ago
luckyobserver
@AsianTrumpSupporter

If Nd2400 doesn't want to debate, would you like me to send you the challenge of this debate? The only criteria to accept would be the willingness to argue for the Pro side.
Posted by luckyobserver 1 year ago
luckyobserver
@Nd2400
I'm just confused because you said, "i think I agree with you on the subject. Overall I do think it was the wrong decision to leave the Iran deal." and now you say, "You think it's a bad move and I don't think so."

If you'd like, I can issue the challenge towards you if you'd like to take me up on this debate?
Posted by AsianTrumpSupporter 1 year ago
AsianTrumpSupporter
That one moment when you don't match all of his criteria

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeee
Posted by Nd2400 1 year ago
Nd2400
Where i could be interested on the current subject. You think it's a bad move And i don't think so. I was opposed moving out of the deal, but trump know what he doing, such as with his handling with the North Korea issus, he and China agreeing on trade deals, and this iran deal will get a remake for a better deal. I'm confident trump is making the right moves here related to foreign policy.
Posted by luckyobserver 1 year ago
luckyobserver
@Nd2400

I liked Obama in a lot of ways but there were things things that I also didn't like that he was responsible for. That's how it is with most things though. Generally, I don't like Trump because of his demeaning character and ignorance, but I will concede that there are a few good things he has done as president. Overall I'm not a fan of the current President, and I'd like to debate about his policies at some point with someone (you perhaps?)