Devilsadvocate178
g824

Using the label "anti-fascist" does not actually make you anti-fascist

Devilsadvocate178

Pro

I don"t think any of us have not heard of Antifa. . . Who claim to be "anti-fascists". I can"t recall who it was (Don Lemon or Van Jones I believe) said "Anti-fascist. . . It"s in the name" when their violence was pointed out. . . While they completely ignored the fact this terrorist organization DOES FASCIST THINGS. This would be equivalent to white supremacist starting a new group called the "anti-ra". . . Claimed they were "anti-racists". . . Yet went around commuting the same crimes committed by the klan. If you do racist things. . . You are a racist. If you violently attack people for believing differently than you do. . . YOU ARE A FASCIST.
g824

Con

(I will be putting all my source citations in MLA 8 Format)
The first most crucial mistake in your argument is not clearly defining the term fascist, Giving me the opportunity to define it. According to the Merriam-Webster Dictionary, The definition of fascism is: "a political philosophy, Movement, Or regime (such as that of the Fascisti) that exalts nation and often race above the individual and that stands for a centralized autocratic government headed by a dictatorial leader, Severe economic and social regimentation, And forcible suppression of opposition". ("Fascism. " Merriam-Webster, Merriam-Webster, Www. Merriam-webster. Com/dictionary/fascism. ) Your argument is centered around the group Antifa, Which as I think people know, Is a group of radical, Left-aligned, Individuals who violently attack protesters at far-right and right-aligned protests and rallies. However, This does not fit the definition of fascist at all. Yes, Antifa groups do attack others for believing differently than them, But they do not promote an ideology or philosophy that supports the nation over the individual, Nor do they outright support any kind of autocracy or dictatorship, While many of the protesters at the rallies Antifa groups attack do support such a fascist ideology, One that supports a sense of nationalism over the well-being of the whole, As well as the oppression of certain racial, Religious, And other marginalized communities in order to maintain this sense of nationalism, Perfectly fitting the definition of fascism. Therefore, Because while I am not defending the actions of Antifa groups, They are not inherently fascist and fight against fascist groups, They are anti-fascist and do correctly fit the label. Moving on from that, You have no proof that any individual or group using an "anti-fascist" label are using this label incorrectly or hypocritically. Therefore, You have no way to prove your side of the argument as of this point in the debate. Until you bring up more evidence I can not say anything further on the topic to prove my case.
Devilsadvocate178

Pro

Devilsadvocate178 forfeited this round.
g824

Con

g824 forfeited this round.
Devilsadvocate178

Pro

Devilsadvocate178 forfeited this round.
g824

Con

g824 forfeited this round.