CRAZYMAN890
tugglelou

Vegan diet is by whole a healthier way of life than any other diet

tugglelou has forfeited round #2.
Updated: 3 years ago Status: Debating Period

CRAZYMAN890

Pro

I will be arguing that veganism is by whole a better diet for health than any other diet.
This will not be for animal right debate.
first round acceptance
tugglelou

Con

I concede that a super well-educated, highly intelligent nutritionist could make veganism a healthier way of life than other diet choices. However we must face the sad fact that this group of people is a tiny majority. Most people struggle with the idea of where their food comes from, let alone protein, vitamin and mineral content. So for the average person, being vegan poses a serious risk.

Whereas when you eat a wide range of foods (as is inevitable if you have no dietary preferences), it's actually quite difficult to avoid a nutrient entirely, if you are a vegan, it is simply much easier. If you exclude fish from your diet, you exclude omega 3s and 6s, when you exclude meat, you exclude primary sources of protein, when you exclude milk, you exclude a crucial source of calcium... So the list goes on. If you make sufficient compensation for these issues, it is not a problem. However the majority of people don't appreciate the wide range of nutrients you end up omitting from your diet when you become vegan. Even for those who do, sometimes alternative foods have to be taken in such enormous quantities that its just impractical. Daily buckets of chickpeas simply aren't always the most efficient to ingest sufficient protein.

So while, in theory, being vegan avoids health problems like cardiovascular disease (often caused by too much animal fats) it is not a healthier way of life. Suggesting that it is a healthier way of life entirely fails to address the fact that cardiovascular disease and problems with over consumption are often replaced with the equally dangerous problems that come with under consumption. Nutrient deficiency, protein deficiency and even starvation are just a few of the problems that omitting so many food groups can inadvertently cause.

Another flaw in your argument is the fact that you seem to think becoming vegan will magically make your entire lifestyle healthier, not just your diet. This is quite simply not true. Taking all animal products out of your diet will not do one iota to change how much time you spend on the couch, how many times you go running a week or whether you walk or take the car. A healthy lifestyle is so much more than diet and therefore it is impossible to say that changing one aspect of your diet will have a magical knock on effect on the rest of your life choices.
CRAZYMAN890

Pro

My opponent who made statement saying that you need highly educated nutritionist to make sure you get all your nutrients from a vegan diet which is certainly not true. Then my opponent made a claim that if you eat from wide source of foods it is very hard to be deficient in vitamins but if you are vegan it is easier which is true since some animals have more amounts of certain nutrients by how much not that much. He also said that excluding fish form your diet will make you deficient in omegas 3 and omegas 6 which also not true there are many plants that have those same nutrients that have about the same amount of grams ratio of fish. These foods include avocados and green leafy vegetables which if you are vegan you will be eating a lot of green leafy vegetables, and if you don"t corn, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, and nuts too.
Also, too the calcium and protein deficient problems which rarely happens in any diet it"s almost impossible to get protein deficiency"s beans have about the same amount of protein for beef that weighs 100 grams and many other plants that give you the sufficient amount protein you need broccoli, kale, and many other vegetables that are like them. Back to the calcium part cup almond milk roughly have same amount of calcium of cup of milk and if you don"t drink almond milk you can drink orange juice that good source of calcium too. So, you don"t have to take huge amounts of plants, so you don"t have to be deficient in certain nutrients.
So being vegan will ultimately keep your sufficient in key nutrients and you will not get deficient or starve. All these foods will not make you cause to get animal related diseases making you ultimately healthier. Also to the part where my opponent made statement that I was saying that going vegan you make all your whole life aspects healthier, well to some I might be trying to say this but I wasn"t I was trying to say it make your health in your body healthier that"s all even though if you are healthier you are more likely to e ore active.
Posted by CRAZYMAN890 3 years ago
CRAZYMAN890
i think my opponent is dead
Posted by CRAZYMAN890 3 years ago
CRAZYMAN890
i think my opponent is dead
Posted by CRAZYMAN890 3 years ago
CRAZYMAN890
i think my opponent is dead
Posted by WOLF.J 3 years ago
WOLF.J
Pescetarianism is a viable option because fish is a great source of protein.