Kyl0
Lamter

Veganism is a moral obligation

Lamter has forfeited round #1.
Updated: 3 years ago Status: Debating Period

Kyl0

Pro

I hold the position that veganism is a moral obligation in the same way that not pouring acid on people's faces is a moral obligation.

My reasoning is based on logically consistent treatment between creatures. Let me explain. If you have a moral obligation to not to kill humans needlessly for food, but do not have a moral obligation to needlessly kill animals for food, then you need to point to a difference in the animal which if present in the human will render it not a obligation to needlessly kill a human for food. For example if you say intelligence, then you would have to accept killing humans with the same level of intelligence as a cow.

I do not think their is a trait that justifies what we do to animals which if applied to humans wouldn't lead to absurd conclusions like killing the mentally handicapped .

I look forward to debate with you!!