Im_Intelligent
TouchtheSky

Was Jesus gay ?

Im_Intelligent has forfeited round #4.
Updated: 3 years ago Status: Debating Period

Im_Intelligent

Pro

My good ol pal Jesus was all for male intimacy and even participated in it himself.
TouchtheSky

Con

Hello, I would like to accept this debate. I am a Christian, but I do not support homosexuality and would love to discuss this topic together.

I do not believe that Jesus supported male intimacy, and I don't see any biblical evidence supporting this. The Bible clearly states that homosexuality is a sin (Leviticus 18:22, Romans 1:26-27), and that Jesus had no sin (1 Peter 2:22, and many more [https://www.openbible.info...]). I've read all four gospels many times and I have never seen any evidence that Jesus was gay, although I would be interested and open to see if you have any verses you would like to share regarding this.
Im_Intelligent

Pro

What branch of Christianity are you from sir? im an Extholic
TouchtheSky

Con

I'm not sure what you're implying, but I'm Evangelical Free.
Im_Intelligent

Pro

we "Extholics" believe an old-earth creation model that started when a primordial jar of peanut butter was stuck with lightning, as a result of this the entire jar of primordial peanut butter exploded covering the earth in a layer of dirt from which Adam and eve came soon after, also Extholics believe that because Jesus loved us unconditional he loved both man and women in the same regard despite the bible stating that Adam was superior, this is were the whole gay argument comes up in regards to Jesus. its also suspected that Jesus's cruisification could have just been a homosexual sex toy experiment gone wrong, which is why Jesus was resurrected instead of just falling prey to the clutches of death.
TouchtheSky

Con

That is a fascinating perspective, and I'd like to thank you for sharing your views. Your position is unlike anything I've ever heard before, and searching it on the internet, I couldn't find anything about it either, so I'll rely merely on what you said.

You conveyed your beliefs well, and I feel that I have a much clearer understanding of your belief system and reasons so far. And yet despite this, you failed to convey any evidence, be it biblical, historical, or scientific, to back up the facts that you gave. Your position, although interesting, doesn't seem to fit at all with what I believe the bible says. Furthermore, you didn't even address my previous arguments and verses, simply stating your perspective but never backing it up.

You began by stating how you believe the world began- with a jar of peanut butter being struck by lightning. But when you take the time to think about it, the argument quickly falls apart. Before the world began, there was no peanut butter, and we'd be deceiving ourselves if we believed that someone existed to bottle it into a jar. Lightning would not have existed, the world was formless and empty, just as it said in Genesis 1:2. For either lightning, peanut butter, or a jar to exist would be to accept that there was someone there to create it, and the thought that this "someone" would create peanut butter but not create plants to produce the peanuts and sunshine to make them grow is quite frankly, rather ridiculous. The Bible states very clearly how things happened in Genesis, and although it is often hard to know exactly what was said (Genesis causes more debates than any other book of the Bible), it's obvious that the Earth did not begin with a jar of peanut butter. It began with an incredible being with a vision to bring the world to life through His words.

Your second point was that you believe that God loved both genders the same, quote-unquote "regardless of what the Bible says that men are superior". I'd like to challenge you on this piece because I too believe that men and women are both loved the same by God, and I don't see any biblical evidence that suggests otherwise. The Bible says that men and women have different ROLES. This is incredibly different from having different VALUE, and until we understand that, we can't understand God's supreme love for both genders. The husband's role is to be a leader and ruler of the household (Ephesians 5:22). The woman is called to submit to him because of that. But as for their spiritual identity, I do not believe that God loves women less than men. If you have any Bible verses that speak against this, then by all means, I would love to hear them.

But to accept that God loves both genders equally does not equal acceptance of homosexuality. Men and women are equal, but I believe that they were made to be partners as a man with a woman and a woman with a man. The Bible is very clear that anything else is against his law, as shown in the scripture I gave in Round 1.

Thirdly, I'd like to address your final point. You said that "it is suspected" that Jesus' crucifixion was only a homosexual toy experiment gone wrong. This, I believe, misses the entire point of the gospel and what Jesus' story is all about. The Bible is incredibly clear on what Jesus' death is all about and allows no room for denial or misunderstanding. It says again and again what Jesus came to do, and that it was the center of what all of our lives are all about. To say that it is only a mistake is to deny the incredible sacrifice that Jesus made so that we (sinners and broken people) could know eternity. I'm going to bring up just a few of these to show you how incredibly important this is.

1 Peter 3:18
Romans 5:8
Matthew 20:28

More than this, it is also clearly evident that the resurrection is not a mistake. Jesus knew long before that he would die, and that he would raise and conquer death once and for all (Matthew 16:21). He predicted it. His death wasn't an experiment gone wrong- he knew what he was getting into all along. That's why he was so terrified that he sweat blood in Gethsemane.
Posted by TouchtheSky 3 years ago
TouchtheSky
Let's please be careful that we don't take this overboard- if you have a problem with other people, tell them in private and respectfully- don't insult them where anyone can read it. I say this to both of you. :)
Posted by Im_Intelligent 3 years ago
Im_Intelligent
also please dont tell me you basing everything your saying off of a youtube video from 2011 alone, because then i think we may need to finally have a little chat about credible sources 2far4u2CharlesDarwin
Posted by Im_Intelligent 3 years ago
Im_Intelligent
ah 2far4u2CharlesDarwin, the person who never gave justification for anything he says is now dictating what is mature and sane.

Why dont you get an education first, maybe you will learn something for once :)
Posted by TouchtheSky 3 years ago
TouchtheSky
Excuse me, but if you have a problem with me or my contender, I encourage you to talk to us privately and I'd love to hear what you have to say. However, I'd like to ask that we not post negative things about other people so publically, where they might get hurt. I don't know who this comment was directed towards, but I'd be willing to talk with you about any problems that you might have with this debate.
Posted by TouchtheSky 3 years ago
TouchtheSky
Posted by 2far4u2CharlesDarwin 3 years ago
2far4u2CharlesDarwin
When are you going to prove that you at least have a well adjusted fully functioning mature aged brain within your head. for your own sake watch this several times over.