RhysEPC
Jug

Water is not wet!

Jug

RhysEPC

Pro

Water in no way is wet. If you disagree then please debate me. I'm looking forward to whoever accepts my debate and good luck
Jug

Con

Clearly water is wet. Its a fact confirmed by J. Jillbergs book of science and arts 4KIDS. If you disagree with me then your clearly uneducated and should go back to preschool.
RhysEPC

Pro

Thank you for insulting my education but i have to say that you are the one with the poor education because Water isn't wet because it is a liquid that wets things. Once you come into contact with water you become wet. Until then water is liquid and you are dry. If you pour a glass of water into a bucket of water you did not and would never say that you wet the water you just added more water.
Jug

Con

You didn't wet the water because it was already extremely wet. If your pour a glass of water into a bucket of water your not wetting it, because water is always at maximum wetness, your just adding water.
RhysEPC

Pro

Definition of wet: covered or saturated with water or another liquid.

To say that something is wet means that the wetness can be dried. If I spill water on a table, it becomes wet and can be dried, but can I dry the water inside of a bottle? NO. Humans can get wet, tables can get wet.

A fire burns things but does it mean that fire itself is burned? NO. Water can get things wet but does that mean itself is wet? NO. Can water cover itself? NO. therefore it is not wet because the definition is covered with another liquid. According to your logic, if water molecules touch each other, they are considered wet. So the air is wet? Because water molecules in the air are bumping into each other.
Jug

Con

You can dry a water bottle, because dry means to rid of water. Water atoms are saturated other water atoms, so water is wet. Fire doesn't burn itself because fire can't burn. Air isn't wet because it isn't completely saturated with water.
Posted by RhysEPC 3 years ago
RhysEPC
Tanner_1230 I did so
Posted by tanner_1230 3 years ago
tanner_1230
Whoever defines wet wins the debate
Posted by dotslashlj 3 years ago
dotslashlj
First and foremost, we have to understand the context of the matter here.

In one of your arguments RhysEPC, you mentioned that water is not wet because it makes things wet. This does not prove however that water is not wet. I could get a damp hankerchief and wipe it on your face and say that the hankerchief is not wet because it makes your face wet. Just like poops aren't dirty, but when they get on your food. Your food is not dirty.

The question here is not whether water is wet because wetness is a physical sensation and it's easy to . You're looking at things' wetness based on the perception that:
1. They exhibit the characteristics of being wet
2. The object the caused something to be wet is not wet
Posted by RhysEPC 3 years ago
RhysEPC
Alawia67 thank you
Posted by Alawia67 3 years ago
Alawia67
yes it's not wet; it's liquid! it makes things get wet but it didn't itself.
Vote Placed by Emily77 3 years ago
Emily77
RhysEPCJugTied
Reasons for voting decision: Interesting argument. Con seems to have presented better arguments but I like the creativity from Pro.