factandevidence1234
Wvdw

We Should Mix Capitalism and Socialism

Wvdw has forfeited round #3.
Updated: 3 years ago Status: Debating Period

factandevidence1234

Pro

Mixing these two economic structures would make almost everyone happy. Capitalism and Socialism. Some people could trade and barter. While we could still have competitive supermarkets and private property. People could go by their beliefs no matter what! There will always be conflict between the two no matter what, but this method would at least make it a little better.
Wvdw

Con

First off, we will have to look at what the intended outcome of the system(s) will be. Both capitalism and socialism are economic structures, and the goal of an EFFECTIVE economic structure is to ensure economic growth.

Capitalism is the only system allowing humans to succeed. It also allows for entrepreneurs and a more competitive environment - which will bring in more money into the economy.

Capitalism is also more "forgiving" than socialism, in both the formal and informal sectors.

As for socialism, I"m not going to elaborate too much on that, yet. But I should mention that it is very objective. Meaning that, for a company to grow enough to be able to compete in a socialist environment, It"ll firstly need CAPITALISM to reach that mark.

Capitalism and socialism are two excellent systems, but as I"ve proved above, they can only excel on their own. Therefore, it doesn"t make sense to try and combine the two, and not knowing the outcome for sure. (A country"s economy isn"t the place to experiment with ideas!)
factandevidence1234

Pro

1. "Capitalism is the only system allowing humans to succeed. It also allows for entrepreneurs and a more competitive environment - which will bring in more money into the economy." Seems a bit biased. Take Tallahassee, for example. We have a mix of socialism and capitalism. It succeeds. Many countries in the world have succeeded with just socialism and still do. There would be the same amount of entrepreneurs no matter what.
2. " Capitalism is also more "forgiving" than socialism, in both the formal and informal sectors." How? With what evidence? I don't think you understand. I'm proposing to mix the two. Not have it completely socialism. You're making it sound like I want only socialism.
3. "Meaning that, for a company to grow enough to be able to compete in a socialist environment, It"ll firstly need CAPITALISM to reach that mark." The whole point of having a socialist environment is to NOT have competitive markets. It WON'T reach that point, because then it wouldn't be socialism.
4. "Capitalism and socialism are two excellent systems, but as I've proved above, they can only excel on their own. Therefore, it doesn't make sense to try and combine the two, and not knowing the outcome for sure." I'm not "trying" to combine the two, as they've been combined in places already. It would actually bring more money into the economy if we mixed the two. It would allow a more free range of human rights.
Wvdw

Con

Your initial proposal of combining the systems, is still largely based on socialistic principles. You simply thought that combining the two systems, and I quote, "will make almost everyone happy." With what proof?

Later on you mentioned "There will always be conflict." Your argument is contradictory, but I agree with you on "conflict" between the two. The conflict will arise when people"s hard earned money will go to the government, and then there is yet another loophole for corruption to occur.

Please answer me on this one: "If it is unacceptable for one person to take another person"s money without consent, why are you proposing a system that empowers the government to simply do the same?"

And I don't see your point at number 4? "It would actually bring more money into the economy if we mixed the two. It would allow a more free range of human rights." How is economical growth and human rights relevant to each other?

Again, I"m not saying we SHOULD be capitalistic, nor socialistic. It is two great systems - that aren"t meant for one another.
factandevidence1234

Pro

1. Your initial proposal of combining the systems, is still largely based on socialistic principles. You simply thought that combining the two systems, and I quote, "will make almost everyone happy." With what proof?" The socialists would have their way, and so would the capitalists.
2. "Later on you mentioned "There will always be conflict." Your argument is contradictory, but I agree with you on "conflict" between the two. The conflict will arise when people"s hard earned money will go to the government, and then there is yet another loophole for corruption to occur." My argument is not contradictory, as I'm saying that there will always be conflict, but this system would lessen it. There would be less taxes due to the socialists, and enough for the government to survive.
3. "Please answer me on this one: "If it is unacceptable for one person to take another person"s money without consent, why are you proposing a system that empowers the government to simply do the same?" This is not about taxes this is about harmony between the two. However, this system would lessen taxes overall.
Posted by factandevidence1234 3 years ago
factandevidence1234
Yup.
Posted by anti_ethnocentric 3 years ago
anti_ethnocentric
A pragmatic balanced between the two concepts are necessary to maintain a harmonious society.