billsands
bigdave

We need bigger government

billsands

Pro

Our educational system and health care system do not serve the whole population we need higher taxes, More socialistic policies within a market system, Maybe thissint socialism but it is more social democratic andstate run, And that for better or worse is what we need.
bigdave

Con

I accept this debate.

Pro has these points

#1. . Our educational system does not serve the whole population

#2. . . Our health care system does not serve the whole population

#3. . . We need higher taxes,

#4. . . We need More socialistic policies within a market system

#5. . . Therefore we need a bigger government.

Con challenges Pro to prove each point. Con will counter. Con awaits the response from Pro.
billsands

Pro

well are they not self evident, Why do you think people are complaining so loudly theres your proof, Discontant
bigdave

Con

bigdave forfeited this round.
billsands

Pro

Between 1941 to 1973 the top tax rate was between 75 and 94% yet we experienced redord econmic growth in that period
bigdave

Con

Pro has put forth these points from round 1

#3. . . We need higher taxes,

Con challenged Pro to prove each point.

Pro merely offered "discontentment" as his only proof.

CON disproved points #1 and #2 in round 2

ON item #3 where Pro states that "we need higher taxes" CON offers the Laffer Curve.

"The Laffer Curve is a theory developed by supply-side economist Arthur Laffer to show the relationship between tax rates and the amount of tax revenue collected by governments. The curve is used to illustrate Laffer"s main premise that the more an activity " such as production " is taxed, The less of it is generated. Likewise, The less an activity is taxed, The more of it is generated. "

https://www. Investopedia. Com/terms/l/laffercurve. Asp

On items #4 and #5 Pro offers no data. CON pointed out in round 2 that " inasmuch as Pro originated the debate, The burden of proof is mainly on Pro. Pro has failed to prove any of his 5 points. "

Therefore due to lack of proof on the part of Pro and much data provided by CON, The vote in this debate should favor CON
Posted by billsands 3 years ago
billsands
between 1941 and 1973 we experienced the most rapid growth this was also a period of very high taxation
Posted by bigdave 3 years ago
bigdave
This website has some serious problems. In the debate https://www. Debate. Org. . . , The voting period began on March 7, 2019. Five days later an email went out saying an "argument was due" (after the debate ended? ). Also in that debate CON's argument was lost in round 2/. Here is a comment made. . . . "I am CON. Again I posted my reply. . . The timer reset to 3 days. . . My argument again did not appear. . . ~! " and then "Finally. . . . My argue has been posted. Thank you. ". Then later that argument disappeared!

There was a similar problem in the debate. . Https://www. Debate. Org. . . . Here is the comment "Where is my round 4 argument. It was posted, Accepted, And now gone. "

These glitches are affecting these debates. They must be fixed.

Also these "glitched" debates must be "set aside" until these issues are fixed.
Posted by bigdave 3 years ago
bigdave
Finally. . . . My argue has been posted. Thank you.
Posted by bigdave 3 years ago
bigdave
I am CON. Again I posted my reply. . . The timer reset to 3 days. . . My argument again did not appear. . . ~!
Posted by bigdave 3 years ago
bigdave
HEY! My round 2 argument has not appeared. I demand that this be fixed, Or that this debate be recalled or canceled. My round 1 went through. WTF is wrong with this website.
Posted by bigdave 3 years ago
bigdave
Try #6. My round 2 argument is not appearing, But the timer resets to 3 days. What gives?
Posted by bigdave 3 years ago
bigdave
Try #5. My round #2 is not showing.
Posted by bigdave 3 years ago
bigdave
Fourth try. Why has my argument not appeared?
Posted by bigdave 3 years ago
bigdave
I am CON. Third try, No post in round 2
Posted by bigdave 3 years ago
bigdave
I am CON. For y=the second time my post in round 2 has not appeared.