Gunsarewrong
QueenNeko69

We need gun control

Gunsarewrong has forfeited round #3.
Updated: 3 years ago Status: Debating Period

Gunsarewrong

Pro

Yes, we are protesting. Yes, we are trying to make a difference. But why is no one doing anything? Why is the government not listening? Why does no one care? The constitution did say that we have the right to bear arms, but it did not say right to murder with those arms. Not" just mentally ill people have guns, Trump. And yes, I know that only 3 percent of gun crime were committed with legally owned guns. If we try to stop all the guns, no one would accept our wanted law. We have to take this one step at a time. We need to"make"gun"control laws more strict. "According to the National Crime Victimization Survey, 467,321 persons were victims of a crime committed with a firearm in 2011." That is a lot of people killed by guns. So remind me again why no one is listening, why no one is trying to persuade government officials. Is it just because we are children? Is that it? No one should judge us. Children will be adults, and adults were once children. So why are we being judged? You tell me.
QueenNeko69

Con

Sorry but gun control is flawed. If we ban guns there will just be more crimes. Store owners need guns but they don't. If guns were allowed in more places violence wouldn't take place. If teachers had guns they could stop the school shootings. If we past a law that allowed the officers on school grounds to act instead of standing by they could stop it. Maybe you should stop trying to ban guns and try to pass laws that allow more guns.
Gunsarewrong

Pro

Like I said earlier, that was only the first step. We will eventually make our way to banning guns. So think your argument over, and then post.
QueenNeko69

Con

You didn't read my argument did you? Banning guns will only make things worse. It would be better to give guns to the teachers to protect the students. Or allow the school resource officer to do something. You see it's illegal for the school resource officer to do anything until the cops arrive so maybe you should fight to not make that illegal. instead of being whiny bitches, do something actually productive cause this is a fight you will not win.
Posted by Our_Boat_is_Right 3 years ago
Our_Boat_is_Right
Photonlight, on my debate you are debating gun control, but your comment suggests you are strongly against gun control. Who's side are you on?
Posted by photonlight 3 years ago
photonlight
the topic can not be debated when blatantly False info is alleged by Instigator... 467,321 murders by gun??? that is soooo False. FBI classifies "gun crime" as any "offense" remotely related to a gun... possession of a firearms is a gun crime... cited for taking one too many pheasants when hunting is a gun crime.. defending your life with a gun in your own home is classified as a gun crime.... get your facts straight. All you kids out there suddenly screaming about banning guns should be screaming about all the Pharma drugs circulating in your schools, and the lack of mental health care... anyone willing to commit murder has a mental problem, and 99% of mass shooters are on SSRI meds... If you're going to ban guns, you better ban cars, knives, bats and hammers.... more people are killed without guns than with guns. And, do you want to ban guns just from the population? Or no more armed guards? No more guns for cops and military? You do understand that your military has killed TENS of Millions of women and children the last 100 years, right? Are you really begging to be unarmed and surrounded by armed lunatic psychopath governments?
Posted by campbellp10 3 years ago
campbellp10
Wow! 5 rounds of debate on this topic, that's some intense stuff. Given the name of your profile and how recently you joined, I can see that this topic is important for you.

I think it's important for you to take a look at some of the other debates on this site and notice the importance of structure, rules, and well developed positions. Especially after 5 rounds, I predict that this debate would devolve in to bare assertions and other fallacies that will only serve to frustrate you and your opponent. You wrote a lot of rhetorical questions and one-line arguments without laying any grounds rules.

I urge you to take some time to really develop your positions. Crystalize what you think are the strongest and most important arguments for your position and consider what grounds rules you might want when entering such a debate. Alternatively, I would push you to the forums where the style is a lot less formal.

This isn't meant to be any kind of hostile criticism--I happen to agree with your position. But I think you're setting yourself up here.
Posted by John_C_1812 3 years ago
John_C_1812
You have gun control and it is not working"""""""""
You had gun control and it is not working"""""""""..
Worse of all"""
Murder as a law by basic principle is not working""""""""".Before you speak of blame elsewhere.

The United States Constitution entitles a right as a common defense to the general welfare and not the right to bear-arm. The second Amendment even after being ratified never formed a united state by use of self-evident truth setting a fire-arm and not a person pulling the trigger to blame for death. Murder a Law in place above fire-arm regulation.

Constitutional gun control starts at ballistic shield as a common defense to the general welfare of all people. Not just gun owners single out of a population by criminal acts knowingly conducted by others. Had there been emergency basaltic shields made available how many more people would be alive today? Would that number be greater then attacking those who acquire a common defense within the use of fire-arm?

I am truly sorry for the pain of loss created by weapons having experienced loss of friends to murder by guns first hand.

Best of luck with your debate.