Soviet4life
Debator1776

We should ban overly sexualized images as profile pictures

Soviet4life

Pro

Would prefer the other person to go first.
Debator1776

Con

Obviously if they have pornographic material as their profile picture it should not be allowed but an anime girl with some weird outfit on I don't see why it should be banned, If someone wants to have that as their profile picture then let them? I personally won't really take anyone to seriously in a debate though if they have a overly sexual profile picture but let that person make that decision and be taken as less serious in a debate as it's not really harming anyone is it. I think the same argument could be put up for "Should We Ban Overly Racist/Anti-Semitic" profile pictures in which I would respond no but the same concept that a select few would take offense but that does not mean we should ban it from everyone.
Soviet4life

Pro

"anime girl with some weird outfit on I don't see why it should be banned"
It is poisoning this generation, People are exposing them selves to more and more overly sexualized images, And having a very perverted generation of people isn't to good,
Debator1776

Con

Well I would say a generation with images of Hitler drinking certainly isn't good? It's all based on opinion and your point of view from my perspective it's much worst having Hitler, One of the most evil men in history as a profile picture then an "overly sexualized image" or as I commonly see an anime girl I would say images of anything related to Nazi's is much more negatively impacting generations then some sexual images. Profile pictures are not poisoning anyone, If people want pornographic material their are a few hundred websites they can look at or thousands of images online that are much more graphic then any profile picture which is why I see it as simply pointless to ban a sexual image from a profile picture. Pornography addiction is a much more serious and real issue that is legitimately poisoning a generation and making some people perverted but profile pictures certainly are not the problem.
Soviet4life

Pro

"Well I would say a generation with images of Hitler drinking certainly isn't good? "
What's your issue with Hitler drinking water, You got the default profile picture

"it's all based on opinion and your point of view from my perspective it's much worst having Hitler, One of the most evil men in history as a profile picture then an "overly sexualized image" or as I commonly see an anime girl I would say images of anything related to Nazi's is much more negatively impacting generations then some sexual images. Profile pictures are not poisoning anyone, If people want pornographic material their are a few hundred websites they can look at or thousands of images online that are much more graphic then any profile picture which is why I see it as simply pointless to ban a sexual image from a profile picture. Pornography addiction is a much more serious and real issue that is legitimately poisoning a generation and making some people perverted but profile pictures certainly are not the problem. "

Well first Hitler is a very important historical figure and the youth should know about him, Not a half naked anime girl. What kid sees a picture of Hitler or a swastika and then decides that he wants to be a nazi?

"Profile pictures are not poisoning anyone, If people want pornographic material their are a few hundred websites they can look at or thousands of images online that are much more graphic then any profile picture"

People have to deliberately go to the website to see the sexual video/image, They can go to a website like this and just see, On accident, A pornographic image
Debator1776

Con

Debator1776 forfeited this round.
Soviet4life

Pro

Soviet4life forfeited this round.
Debator1776

Con

Debator1776 forfeited this round.
Soviet4life

Pro

Soviet4life forfeited this round.
Debator1776

Con

Debator1776 forfeited this round.