Nd2400
rowey2000

We should reform the death penalty.

rowey2000 has forfeited round #1.
Updated: 3 years ago Status: Debating Period

Nd2400

Pro

What I'm proposing here is this. We should only focus on mass murdered, serial killers, and persons who torture children. We should have one trail for these individuals who commit these crimes. The death penalty is reach on unanimous 12-member jury finds "beyond a reasonable doubt" that they were met. Given the carnage in the Florida Parkland shooter here and the callous manner in which the shooter went about causing it, the prosecution would not have much difficulty meeting the burden. So once the jury find this person guilty of these crimes. The death penalty then should be in place immediately. After a week or two he should be sentenced to death by lethal injection.

One. It will diminish the cost of the trail dramatically.

Second. It will save the taxpayer millions, on the trail and incarnating that person.

Third. These cases would be special. Meaning it will only be for these mass murders and persons who torture children.

Fourth. It would be a universal law. Meaning the federal government will be hearing it. It would be for all 50 states.

Fifth. "Prosecutors can identify at least three such factors here, where Cruz: 1) created a grave risk of death to many people; 2) acted in a way that was especially heinous, atrocious, or cruel; and 3) committed the act in a cold, calculated, and premeditated manner."(1)

Sixth. If the government can start a war and stop a war. Then why can't they step in on serious heinous crimes. Such as mass shooters?

Seventh. Why should these mass shooters, or serial killers stay alive? What is the point for them to stay in jail for the rest of their lives?

Eighth. Other countries has a more affected way of handling big crime. Like "China has the largest population on Earth with 1.3 billion people; 5,000 executions would mean one in every 260,000 residents."(2) they also use lethal injection.

Ninth. "EYE for an EYE" "mean we can punish, or even take revenge upon, someone in the exact same manner they used to harm us" "There are only FOUR places in the King James Bible where the phrase "eye for eye" (or slight variation) occurs (Exodus 21:24, Leviticus 24:20, Deuteronomy 19:21 and Matthew 5:38)" (3.) Why does the bible get it right?

1. https://www.cnn.com...

2. https://www.theatlantic.com...

3. http://www.biblestudy.org...

Keep in mind, the first round is NOT acceptance only. You will be getting right into your argument in round one.

If you are interested, comment in the comment section.
Tell me why you want the challenge....
Posted by Nd2400 3 years ago
Nd2400
@ rowey2000

It between two people you and another. So if you still interested say so. I will choose someone the coming days.
Posted by rowey2000 3 years ago
rowey2000
Unfortunately, I do not meet the desired demographic/criteria.

Happy debating!
Rowey
Posted by Nd2400 3 years ago
Nd2400
@ Amphia

Yes i have...LoL

But that was pretty funny...

Maybe next time....haha

Just maybe...
Posted by Amphia 3 years ago
Amphia
*cries*

*sobs*

Nd2400 , you've already moved on from me?

*crocodile tears*

Why!? Oh, the agony!
Posted by Nd2400 3 years ago
Nd2400
Because same other countries already have a more affected death penalty. Like China. Plus I'm only concern about the US. Not other countries.
Posted by rowey2000 3 years ago
rowey2000
I'm just clarifying haha I'm not sure if I'm interested. I would propose a counter-model suggesting that we ban the death penalty entirely.
Posted by rowey2000 3 years ago
rowey2000
But why only limit it to the US then? Does your moral consistency stop at the borders of your country? Would you promote this system as a model for other nations?
Posted by Nd2400 3 years ago
Nd2400
Of course only the US. When i said universal it meant the whole US because every state has different laws.
Posted by rowey2000 3 years ago
rowey2000
Is the scope of this debate America? You say the law would be universal but then go on to say it would be implemented in fifty states.
Posted by Nd2400 3 years ago
Nd2400
@ lokiwhite

I will considered you.

I want to see if anyone else wants a jab at this before i make my decision.