misterhominem
ToasterMinistry

We should use prisoners as a source of energy

misterhominem

Pro

I believe this would solve the problems of overpopulation and global warming.

Please utilize the first round for acceptance and clarification of your position.
ToasterMinistry

Con

I accept this debate with you.
misterhominem

Pro

Here is my proposal: We have them construct many giant turbines; then we have them push the aforementioned turbine.

Now, I realize this would be a difficult task to accomplish. But, There's many benefits to it as I will outline below.

Socioeconomic

This is very straight-forward: the mass-incarceration of African-Americans has resulted in gradual decline of their communities. We have seen massive degradation of the African-American work ethic; therefore, They must receive proper understanding of how the Jews would like us to operate.

Global warming

With such an incredible amount of prisoners, We could provide an enormous amount of power to people. There are around 1. 5 million prisoners in the United States -- think of all that raw untapped energy.

Population-Control

There are a lot of bad people, Disproportionately they're black. This plan eliminates the problem causers and people who are easily influenced -- it's a win-win.
ToasterMinistry

Con

Alright, You are basically saying that prisoners should work when in jail. However, That's literally against the law to do so. The FLSA(Fair Labor Standards Act) makes it so everyone needs to get paid at least federal minimum wage if they are to do work of any kind. The federal minimum wage in American is currently $7. 25 per hour. You tell us that there's 1. 5 million prisoners. So if we did: 1. 5 million inmates multiplied by $7. 25 per hour, It would cost the government ten million eight hundred seventy-five thousand dollars per hour if everyone got paid for working. Which means a day would cost two hundred sixty-one million, And one year of this would cost a whooping ninety-five billion two hundred sixty-five million! Are we really going to spend that much per year to fund some prisoners doing some work that wouldn't even give us so much power? I don't think so.
misterhominem

Pro

misterhominem forfeited this round.
ToasterMinistry

Con

Right Im a noob to these things what do I do now when he resign the round?
misterhominem

Pro

misterhominem forfeited this round.
ToasterMinistry

Con

. . . Okay then
Posted by melcharaz 3 years ago
melcharaz
i remember the days when people actually did work when in jail, Sigh. . . Those were better days.
Posted by DeletedUser 3 years ago
DeletedUser
lol