Poopversity
Evan_Hermes

Wearing a clip-on tie on a t-shirt

Started: 11/14/2018 Category: Fashion

Poopversity

Pro

I have been called an idiot for wearing a clip-on tie on my normal t-shirts. Now, Do most people agree it looks normal. I believe it is a fairly normal look and looks good on most people.
Evan_Hermes

Con

I think it would look ridiculous to wear a clip-on tie with a t-shirt, Because ties are meant to be worn with a collared shirt. As for the clip-on tie, You should never wear one. You aren't able to adjust the height, You aren't able to tie different types of ties, And i think everyone with some style can agree that they are tacky.
Poopversity

Pro

Whilst you do make a some valid points, T-shirts do actually have collars, Just very small ones. A clip on tie may not be adjustable, But it is a good sized tie for wearing on a t-shirt. It does not go near the bottom of the shirt unlike a normal tie. Furthermore, It is easy and convenient to put on. When wearing a normal tie people described me as "a male stripper" with a clip-on they described me as "an idiot. " Now most would rather be called an idiot. Wearing a clip-on tie on a shirt can make you look semi-formal without too much effort.
Evan_Hermes

Con

I do realize that T-shirts have collars, But I am talking about a classic collar that you would normally wear with a tie. That is one of the very few types of shirts that should be worn with a tie, But T-shirts aren't one of them. You are called those names because you are wearing two things that should never be worn together. I believe it it wrong for you to be called those names just because of your clothing, And I know style preferences are completely subjective, But there are some basic standards you need to meet in order to look 'fashionable'.
Poopversity

Pro

So, I have been wearing the tie for a few days now. I went into a restaurant for my break and I saw someone else wearing a clip-on tie on a t-shirt. This must mean it is gaining popularity in the fashion community. Furthermore, A random girl gave me her number randomly, I can confirm it is her real number. This must mean it is not only gaining popularity but it looks good.
Evan_Hermes

Con

Just because you saw someone wearing a clip-on tie with a t-shirt once doesn't mean anything. I have personally never seen anyone wear it, And I can't even find pictures on Google of people wearing it. Regarding the girl giving you her number, From what you told me, There is no evidence this is about your tie. I have never heard or seen any girl give a guy her number because of his clothes. Personally, If I saw someone wearing a clip-on tie with a t-shirt, I would think they are wearing it as a joke. I don't want to offend you or anything, But that is just my opinion.
Poopversity

Pro

The reason you haven't heard or seen a girl give a guy her number is because most don't wear clip-on ties on their shirt. Now, Can you really use Google Images as a reliable source for fashion? When I search "fashion" in Google what pops up are people in ridiculous outfits, So I think it is rather safe to say Google is not a reliable source for fashion trends.
Evan_Hermes

Con

No, The reason I haven't heard or seen a girl give a guy her number isn't because most don't wear clip-on ties on their shirt. It is because it doesn't happen often. From what you said, You have absolutely no evidence/proof that the reason the girl gave you her number was because of the tie and shirt.

And yes, I can use Google as a reliable source for fashion, Because almost every single fashion website on earth has their photos there. I looked for 20 minutes, Scrolling through countless pages, And didn't see a single person wearing a clip-on tie with a t-shirt, And i didn't even see anyone mention it once, Except for this debate. I have never even heard of this "trend" until i saw this open debate. I think it is pretty safe to say that wearing a clip-on tie with a t-shirt isn't a good style choice.
Poopversity

Pro

You have no evidence to support that Google is a reliable source for fashion and clothing trends. If you search up "fashion" on Google it shows ridiculous outfits that I'm sure you haven't seen anyone wear in public. Secondly, The reason you haven't seen anyone wearing a clip-on tie on a t-shirt is because you waste your time looking through Google Images just to prove a small, Insignificant point, Which barely has any evidence to support it. Most people usually don't examine random people's outfits when they're in a public place. This maybe the reason you haven't seen people wearing clip-on ties on t-shirts. You're also not going to see everyone in public or on Google wearing clip-on ties, Because there are countless other outfits to wear. However, This does not mean wearing a clip-on tie on a t-shirt is not fashionable; there are just other outfits more popular than it.
Evan_Hermes

Con

I do actually have evidence to support Google being a reliable fashion source. When I search 'fashion' into Google, There many things that come up that I have seen people wear. Sequin dresses, Camouflage yoga pants, Pencil skirts, You name it. And, If Google isn't a reliable fashion source, What is? Because Google combines pictures from websites around the world, So if Google isn't a reliable fashion source, Doesn't that mean nothing is? You say I don't provide evidence, But you haven't provided any evidence that wearing a clip-on tie with a t-shirt is fashionable. If i'm wrong, Give me the evidence.

I have looked on many different fashion websites, Including Fashion Nova, American Eagle, The Mountain, TRUE Links wear, Fortress of Inca, Tucker Blair, Etc. I haven't seen a single website mention a clip-on tie with a t-shirt is fashionable, Or even mention it at all. I think if it were stylish, Someone would notice, Right? If you can find ONE fashion website with a picture of someone wearing it, I will back down. I will admit you are right. If not, I will assume it is because it is an unpopular, Unstylish fashion choice.

The reason I haven't seen anyone wear a clip-on tie with a t-shirt isn't because I'm not paying attention. Trust me, If I see someone wearing that, I would know.

I don't think you should cling on to only one of my many points on why I think you are wrong. It makes it seem like you know i'm right, And have nothing to come back with. That is just a tip on debating in general.
Posted by realist45 2 years ago
realist45
I wouldn't do it but you do you. . .
Posted by Block.19 3 years ago
Block.19
Personally i don't think that anyone who is able to dress themselves should ever wear a clip on tie, It is not that difficult to tie a normal tie. Secondly, You should only wear ties with dress shirts. I think wearing any tie with anything but a dress shirt would look ridiculous.