Joshfour
ALPHA_CHAD

Wedding Cake Case Victory

ALPHA_CHAD has forfeited round #2.
Updated: 3 years ago Status: Debating Period

Joshfour

Pro

So I believe that the decision that the supreme court made in the recent Wedding Cake court case, was right. Prove me wrong.
ALPHA_CHAD

Con

Lmao i thought church and state were supposed to be sepperated
Joshfour

Pro

They are, however, under the 1st amendment of the U.S, freedom of religion is protected. And this Christian Baker has that right. Plus the gay couple had the choice to go to any baker they wanted, it was fine, but they made a big deal about it even though his right was protected by the 1st amendment.
Posted by Negotiate 3 years ago
Negotiate
@Sonofcharl
How so?
Posted by Sonofcharl 3 years ago
Sonofcharl
The wedding cake case!
Just another example of humanity descending into chaos.
Posted by Gtworld3 3 years ago
Gtworld3
How can someone prove your opinion wrong?
Posted by dukeofpanda 3 years ago
dukeofpanda
I agree with the decision. If the man was simply selling generic cakes and the homosexual couple wanted to take that cake home and customize the cake themselves for their wedding Philips probably would have just sold them a cake.

But he did not want to make a custom cake specifically for a homosexual wedding as he does not support gay marriage per his religious beliefs.
Posted by asta 3 years ago
asta
What is the Wedding Cake case?
Posted by Negotiate 3 years ago
Negotiate
What a momentous day that that ruling came out- was hoping it would turn in favor of Phillips as I believe in the freedom to deny service, especially due to religious affiliation. On account of this debate, I can't argue- frankly, I just wanted to 'put my two cents in.'