backwardseden
prolifeguy

What if there is no life after death - the christian version?

prolifeguy

backwardseden

Pro

You as Con prove why believing in life after death, Namely spending eternity in heaven with the supposed christian god would be the very best possible thing after you die? Give your very best assumption(s) as to the why(s)?

Sure, Use the bible itself if you want. Chapters and verses only please from either the KJV, NIV, NLT translations.

I will thus be taking the Pro common sense, Thinking, Reasoning, Rationalizing, Logical standpoints, And prove otherwise.

dsjpk5 is disqualified from the voting procedures for this debate as he tries to pretend he's god and thus change the voting structure of who wins and loses here on DDO.
prolifeguy

Con

Ok, To begin I will point out that you said. . . "eternity in heaven". . . . I'm thankful for you making that statement, For by making it you have admitted that Christians believe in eternity. This makes my job easier. Thanks again. I will now begin my argument.

Whether you realize it or not, The fact that Christians believe heaven is eternal is a good reason for us to want to go to it. The earth we live on has an end, While heaven won't. There is no fear of death, For life simply will never end ( John 3:16 "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, That whosoever believes in him shall not perish but have ETERNAL LIFE. " NIV )

( Revelations 21:1-5 Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth, For the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, And there was no longer any sea. I saw the Holy City, The New Jerusalem, Coming down out of heaven from God, Prepared as a bride beautifully dressed for her husband. And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, " Now the dwelling of God is with men, And he will live with them. They will be his people, And God himself will be with them and be their God. He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, For the old order of things has passed away. " ) This is why it would be worth it. God will take care of us Christians.

Now behold yet another reason as to why to choose heaven. ( Revelations 21:5-8 He who was seated on the throne said, "I am making everything new! " Then he said, "Write this down, For these words are trustworthy and true. " He said to me: "It is done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, The Beginning and the End. To him who is thirsty I will give to drink without cost from the spring of water of life. He who overcomes will inherit all this, And I will be his God and he will be my son. But the cowardly, The unbelieving, The vile, The murderers, The sexually immoral, Those who practice magic arts, The idolaters and all liars- their place will be in the fiery lake of burning sulfur. This is the second death. " ) Even though there are more reasons for choosing heaven in these verses, My main focus is just one of those reasons. That reason is the fiery lake of burning sulfur. It is the consequence of anyone who rejects God, And is the alternative of heaven. If heaven is not nice enough for you to want to follow God, The fiery lake of burning sulfur is bad enough.

This is what I believe, But of course even though the Bible gives reasons as to why to choose heaven, This all depends on whether not the Bible is true. Thankfully it is, And I'll be happy to prove it in the next round of this debate.
backwardseden

Pro

Le buu.

"This all depends on whether not the Bible is true. Thankfully it is, And I'll be happy to prove it in the next round of this debate. "
No sorry you can't. No one in the history of the human race has been able to prove any god from any religion in the entire existence of the human race. Even worse for you is no idiot god if genuine and true in any possible way would never use text/ the written word, Namely your bible, Not for any reason, Not ever, As a form of communication, Advertisement, Correspondence, Which is the worst possible way to get its messages across from a god to man. There are at least 50 reasons for this. Hopefully, You can think of at least 3. If you can"t then you do not know your religion as well as you think. In fact, It"s not at all.

"The fact that Christians believe heaven is eternal is a good reason for us to want to go to it. "
Actually it's not. That's the worst reason and why it's far better to be an atheist. Let's give you some examples from YOUR bible.
No offense but you are a child. . .
* Do you believe that its perfectly OK for your unproven character storybook god of print only to hate on children and babies for no reason at all and in murder them? Y____? N____? Why? Why not?
https://www. Youtube. Com/watch? V=2zYG_fJLjBg - god hates children
https://www. Youtube. Com/watch? V=5kQTIX7NRE4 - Atheist debates get em while they"re young
(Btw, All verses listed are your unproven god's doing)
LM4: 9-11, MT 10:37, MT 2:16, JG 21:10, DT 2:34, NU 31: 17-18, LV 26: 21-22, HS 13:16, EZ 9: 5-7, HS 9: 11-16, EX 12: 29-30, IS 13: 15-18, MT 2:16, EX 21:17, LV 20:9, MK 7:10, MT 15:4, MT 10:21, JG 11: 30-33, PS 137: 8-9, DT 21: 18-21, DT 32:25, DT 2: 32-34, DT 3: 3-6, JG 19: 24-29, EX 12:29, LV 26:29, JM 11: 22-23, JM 19: 7-9, JM 51: 22-26, LM 2: 20-22, RV 2: 18-23 (btw with this exercise some of them are from your lovely NT so you have no excuses)
There is no justifiable reason that ---anyone--- can think of to murder any child or baby. Yet somehow supposed christians are AGAINST ABORTIONS? ! ? ! ? ! WHAT? ! ? ! And supposed christians unproven storybook character god of print only MURDERS babies and children? ! ? ! ? !

A child, Age 6 for example who has stage 4 cancer, Does not know what is happening to him/ her. Their cries are not heard, That they are in constant pain unless they are given sedatives/ pain killers, That they are terrified, That they are in an unfamiliar place (a hospital of some kind as an example), And are not home unless it is a special circumstance, That they really do not understand what suffering is, But those around them probably do, Etc etc etc.

Oh and btw, YOUR god put children in that position of suffering to begin with which is 100% pure evil and hate. YOUR god absolutely loves to knowingly suffer, Otherwise he would not create their situations for them to suffer.

And btw, I know that you know that you cannot contemplate suffering at all. Your precious jesus in which case you cannot prove has ever existed went through 17 hours, Tops, Of suffering. Some children go through decades of suffering. Your precious unproven who may have or may have not existed jesus, Regardless, Was not the messiah at any rate according to the bible, Had it easy.

Now please do tell me what a child can possibly learn from suffering? Much less an adult? If you"ve answered "nothing", You"ve answered correctly.

Your unproven storybook character god of print only knowingly creates children to be raped, Beaten and tortured at the hands of their abusers. . . Sometimes for decades. An example is daddy is sticking in his you know what inside of his daughter age 5 while punching her in the face twice per week for 15 years. To knowingly create children to suffer is 100% pure evil and hate at its finest. You can not get more evil than that with all the hate if you wanted to. Please DO NOT bring in the "Free Will" argument either because children DO NOT have the Free Will to escape from these monsters who commit these horrific acts. AND YOUR unproven god knowingly creates these children to deliberately suffer as well as these monsters to commit their unspeakable crimes to begin with. AND it gets better because each and every single time this supposed unproven storybook character god of print only MUST give "power" to the psychopath/ evildoer/ devil/ sociopath/ criminal/ lawbreaker or whatever you wish to call him or her, To commit his or her crimes that are sometimes heinous and appalling for first time events and sometimes many times more events after that, No exceptions, None while the victim inevitably always suffers with the events sometimes being sometimes sickening and detestable.

Is this the supposed god you want to spend eternity with in a mythical heaven?

Let's move on. . .
* Do you believe that YOUR god was just with his many genocides for no reason at all as NOBODY HAD TO DIE in which many of them killed innocent babies, Children and pregnant mothers? Y____? N____? Why? Why Not? Indeed god is far far far worse than Hitler, Mao, Pol Pot, Stalin, Hong Xiuquan, All serial killers, All rapists, All tortures, All pedophiles, All sadomasochists etc etc etc combined. After all god knowingly created them which means that he is ultimately responsible for them. Its either that or god is not a god and lets them off the hook with nothing but a tap on the shoulder for their horrific, Disgusting, Repugnant crimes and simply god---does---not---care. Now here's some examples of god"s sickened, Diseased, Abominable atrocities for absolutely no reason at all. . . The great flood according to the bible (which never happened btw) so who knows what the body count was there? God murdered 3, 000 EX 32:27-28, God murdered 14, 700 NU 16:49, God murdered 24, 002 NU 25: 1-11, God murdered 12, 000 JOS 8: 1-25, God murdered 10, 000 JG 1:4, God murdered 120, 000 JG 8:7-10, God murdered 42, 000 JG 12:3-6, God murdered 1, 000 JG 15:14-15, God murdered 3, 000 JG 16:27-30, God murdered 25, 101 JG 20: 35-37, God murdered 30, 002 1 SAM 2:25 and 1 SAM 4: 10-11, God murdered 50, 070 oh get this one just for looking into the ark of the lard 1 SAM 6:19, God murdered 22, 000 2 SAM 8: 5-6 "The Lord gave victory to David wherever he went. ", God murdered 65, 850 because he gave He-Man favoritism to David 2 SAM 8:8-10, God murdered 47, 000 yep more David 2 SAM 10:18, God murdered 20, 000 yep still more David 2 SAM 18:6-7, God murdered 70, 000 2 SAM 24:15, God murdered 100, 000 1 KI 20: 29, God murdered 27, 000 due to a wall falling 1 KI 20: 30. A wall in itself cannot kill 27, 000. Even today its impossible. So its either, A lie in the bible, A misprint, Or an act of its unproven storybook character god of print only, God murdered 185, 000 2 KI 19 35 -37, Oh this is the very best part" Your unproven character storybook god of print only which should be most certainly be taught to children murders five hundred thousand of his own chosen people for no reason 2 CHR 13 17-18 half a million! Thankfully peace is winning over your slumbering idiocy of stupid pathetic murder. God murdered one million 2 CHR 14: 9-14, God murdered 120, 000 2 CHR 28:6, God murdered 75, 813 Esther 9:5-18.

Again is this the unproven god you wish to spend eternity with in a mythical heaven?

Moving on. . .
According to your god you should be put to death if you blaspheme. Do you think that's a proper belief? Y____? N____? Leviticus 24:16, According to your god you should be put to death if you work on the sabbath. Do you think that's a proper belief? Y____? N____? Exodus 31:14, And Numbers 15: 32-36, According to your god you should be put to death if you curse at your parents. Do you think that's a proper belief? Y____? N____? Exodus 21:17, Leviticus 20:9, Mark 7:10, Matthew 15:4, According to your god you should be put to death if you commit adultery. Do you think that's a proper belief? Y____? N____? Leviticus 20:10. What if you kill someone in self defense? Should you in turn be killed? Do you think that"s a proper belief? Y____? N____? Leviticus 24:17. That's 5 of your 10 commandments. Here are some other things that YOUR god thinks you should be put to death for. . . According to your god you should be put to death if you are a homosexual? Do you think that's a proper belief? Y___? N____? Leviticus 20:13, According to your god you should be put to death if you do not worship him. Do you think that's a proper belief? Y____? N____? Deuteronomy 13: 9-10 and Deuteronomy 17: 2-5.
-----
Oh absolutely supposed christians are truly terrified of death. If not, Then there would be one helluva lot more suicides. That's another reason to know atheism works.

You know what your unproven god did to this supposed jesus? It---made---it---SUFFER. A 5 year old could think of a better way. I did. Eternal peace.
Strange isn't it since your unproven god's inception there's not been 50 years, Just 50 stinking years of peace, Not anywhere, Not at any time, Not within any culture. Something to surely think about.

Revelations 21: 1-5 OK I once had a friend who was raped, Beaten and tortured at the age of 4 all the way up until 17 sometimes twice per week. That was only the start of her horrors. She then gets married, Has a kid, Gets a divorce. The state takes the kid. She attempts suicide by jumping off a high dive into a pool with no water. It breaks her back so she can barely walk without searing intense pain. The hospitals will not give her anything because of their addictive properties. She then turns tricks so she can buy her crack and cocaine as they will kill the pain. She then gets AIDS and dies. I seriously doubt if she had a single happy week in her entire life. If your unproven god exists, POOF GONE, She would have been whisked away to not spend a single day here on earth. Once again, To deliberately create someone to deliberately suffer is pure evil and hate.

There's worse.
However I am out of space for this RD. So it will be listed in the next.
prolifeguy

Con

I saw your other debates, And I have come to the conclusion, That you don't actually want to have an adult conversation. You would rather just pick on people and take the Bible way out of context. Your argument seems to make the claim that the Bible does not depict God as good, But as the opposite? I've seen these kind of tricks before and they will not work against me.

I will now proceed to make multiple points that shut down your argument.

1: God does not hate children. He loves them and protects them (Matt 18:1-14). Jesus even said that the Kingdom of God belongs to those such as them (Matthew 19:13-14).

2: God did and does not cause people to sin (1 James 1:13, This verse also show that humans do have free will according to the Bible ). So please stop saying things of such nature.

3: You took Lamentations 4:9-11 out of context. The evil things tat took place in those verses were done by humans and none of those verses are directly related together. The man who wrote the book of Lamentations is a follower of God and he believed God loved him too (Lamentations 3:22-24).
You took the rest of those verses out of context too, Study the Bible better please.

4: Don't say Jesus had it easy. Jesus was perfect and sinless (1 Peter 2:22, Hebrews 4:15, 1 John 3:5), And yet while he didn't sin he came to die for us (1 Peter 2:24), Because we were all sinners (Romans 3:10-12), And so we could have eternal life (John 3:16).

5. Christians know what suffering is, And we know why it exists (1 Peter 5:10, Romans 8:18, Romans 5:3-5)

Please check your facts next time, And this debate is supposed to be on heaven so lets get back to that.

I'll give evidence for the proof of the Bible in the next round( as long as you don't do the same type of thing you did in your previous argument again).
backwardseden

Pro

"I saw your other debates, And I have come to the conclusion, That YOU don't actually want to have an adult conversation. "
Guess what? YOU ARE NOT AN ADULT! YOU ARE in fact a child. I have to swoop down to a child like YOU and make an attempt to speak in your s--t of a language because YOU cannot act like an adult as YOU invent excuses and YOU and your kind sometimes lie to pretend that YOU know what the f--k YOU are talking about when YOU really don't. AND YOU proved that by leaving your idiot comment on my profile by pretending that YOU were so smart and intelligent and edumacated when in fact YOU have the intelligence of an egotistical spoiled little brat. So tell me please dreary sneery why should I continue with this debate?
Now, Do you want to show some intelligence and education rather than pretending that you know everything and pretend that you can outwit me when in fact I do know one helluva lot more on your religion, Unproven god, And bible than you ever will within 100x of your lifetimes? Y____? N____?
prolifeguy

Con

My age has nothing to do with this debate (if you want to have a debate on whether or not people under the age of 18 are capable of debating, Than I'll be happy to have it with you, But that is not what this particular debate is about). I gave you facts and presented my argument in a mature fashion, You have not done so. Through out this whole thing (and most of your other debates) you have simply stated your opinion, And have taken the Bible severely out of context. You actually seem to think that the Bible portrays God as bad, What are you talking about? You say you you know Christianity better than me, But you have presented no evidence. If you know it so well, Present some evidence please.
backwardseden

Pro

Oh your age has everything to do with this dee-bate. Wow. Even someone with a cabbage noodled moldy diaper batbrain like you cannot figure it out. Wow. I get it I really do. So according to you what you know is that since you are only 15 years old your ability to think, Reason, Rationalize, Use common sense, Use logic cannot in any way evolve beyond what it is right now as you are reading this.
Not only that but according to Pew Research Center, The very best poll company in the world, In which case knows 100% better than a manure spread like you, Atheists know 15% more about religion than those who are religious AND those who are young have an even lesser education. Now would you be willing to take this Pew Research Center 32 question quiz and see how you do? I'd be willing to bet that answer is a 100% "no" because you like nearly 100% of those your age and are religious are in total fear of failure, That is if and only if you are honest. Yeah, Your age does matter hot stuff whether you wish to think so or not.
Your total bluff in RD2 of your pitiful s--t of telling me that I'm taking verses out of context when you don't even have the foggiest friggen clue as to what you are yammering about when in fact it is others who know far better than you who know how to interpret your idiot bible far better than you who make it their life's work who have stated the same thing from person to person is not mere coincidence, Whereas with your pathetic religion there's over 33, 830 denominations of it which means you have no consensus and there's no possible way you can interpret correctly. In fact, NOBODY can because who's right? Yeah see, I learn from others and I listen to what they have to say. You only listen to you and wow does it show. Not only that as once again, But no idiot god would also ever use text/ the written word with all of its fallacies. But here you come on a roaring in with your sheer stupidity and ignorance and tell me or anyone. . . Just what the f--k have you proved?
prolifeguy

Con

How's this for evidence of the Great Flood.

"When the Bible refers to a worldwide Flood in Genesis 7"8, That's exactly what it means. Not local, Not metaphorical, Not some crazy dream-the waters covered the whole earth. Don't just take our word for it, Though. Take a look at the evidence right beneath your feet.

Evidence 1: Fossils of sea creatures high above sea level due to the ocean waters having flooded over the continents
We find fossils of sea creatures in rock layers that cover all the continents. For example, Most of the rock layers in the walls of Grand Canyon (more than a mile above sea level) contain marine fossils. Fossilized shellfish are even found in the Himalayas.

Evidence 2: Rapid burial of plants and animals
We find extensive fossil "graveyards" and exquisitely preserved fossils. For example, Billions of nautiloid fossils are found in a layer within the Redwall Limestone of Grand Canyon. This layer was deposited catastrophically by a massive flow of sediment (mostly lime sand). The chalk and coal beds of Europe and the United States, And the fish, Ichthyosaurs, Insects, And other fossils all around the world, Testify of catastrophic destruction and burial.

Evidence 3: Rapidly deposited sediment layers spread across vast areas
We find rock layers that can be traced all the way across continents-even between continents-and physical features in those strata indicate they were deposited rapidly. For example, The Tapeats Sandstone and Redwall Limestone of Grand Canyon can be traced across the entire United States, Up into Canada, And even across the Atlantic Ocean to England. The chalk beds of England (the white cliffs of Dover) can be traced across Europe into the Middle East and are also found in the Midwest of the United States and in Western Australia. Inclined (sloping) layers within the Coconino Sandstone of Grand Canyon are testimony to 10, 000 cubic miles of sand being deposited by huge water currents within days.

Evidence 4: Sediment transported long distances
We find that the sediments in those widespread, Rapidly deposited rock layers had to be eroded from distant sources and carried long distances by fast-moving water. For example, The sand for the Coconino Sandstone of Grand Canyon (Arizona) had to be eroded and transported from the northern portion of what is now the United States and Canada. Furthermore, Water current indicators (such as ripple marks) preserved in rock layers show that for "300 million years" water currents were consistently flowing from northeast to southwest across all of North and South America, Which, Of course, Is only possible over weeks during a global Flood.

Focus in: Sand Transported Cross Country

Evidence 5: Rapid or no erosion between strata
We find evidence of rapid erosion, Or even of no erosion, Between rock layers. Flat, Knife-edge boundaries between rock layers indicate continuous deposition of one layer after another, With no time for erosion. For example, There is no evidence of any "missing" millions of years (of erosion) in the flat boundary between two well-known layers of Grand Canyon-the Coconino Sandstone and the Hermit Formation. Another impressive example of flat boundaries at Grand Canyon is the Redwall Limestone and the strata beneath it.

Evidence 6: Many strata laid down in rapid succession
Rocks do not normally bend; they break because they are hard and brittle. But in many places we find whole sequences of strata that were bent without fracturing, Indicating that all the rock layers were rapidly deposited and folded while still wet and pliable before final hardening. For example, The Tapeats Sandstone in Grand Canyon is folded at a right angle (90") without evidence of breaking. Yet this folding could only have occurred after the rest of the layers had been deposited, Supposedly over "480 million years, " while the Tapeats Sandstone remained wet and pliable.

What now?
The Bible's history is reliable throughout-from the creation of man from the dust of the ground to the worldwide Flood to the coming of Jesus Christ. But just reading the evidence isn't enough. The message of salvation founded in the Bible's history is also true, And, God wants us to accept the gift of salvation He freely offers us. "

The evidence is real. God has revealed Himself to us in His Word and in His creation (Romans 1:20). - my source is Answers in Genesis https://answersingenesis. Org

This debate was not about whether or not the Bible is is true, But rather about whether or not the Bible depicts heaven as a place that would people would like to go to when they die (and we strayed from that topic). But I showed that the Bible presents God as good, And that heaven is a place where people would enjoy eternity. I presented some evidence that the Bible is true above. If you want more, Then I'll be happy to post some on your profile. If not, Then please stop saying I don't have any evidence.
Posted by prolifeguy 2 months ago
prolifeguy
I would like to ask people to post in the comments section who they think won this debate.
Vote Placed by Petfish 2 months ago
Petfish
backwardsedenprolifeguyTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro insulted con repeatedly and used ad hominem attacks