backwardseden
Anonymous

"What is life going to be like after I die?

Reasons for your voting decision - Required
The Voting Period Ends In
Updated: 3 months ago Status: Voting Period

backwardseden

Pro

It's going to be the same as before I was born. "
Shannon Q
It's a tribute to Mark Twain.
Makes sense?
Not only that but according to Christopher Hitchens when he was about to die - according to Matt Dillahunty. . .
"It's not like somebody is tapping you on the shoulder and saying 'hey the party's over, Go home. ' What they're doing is tapping you on the shoulder and saying 'the party's going to keep going, But you have to leave. ' And that's the part that's really hard. "

in other words, Live life for the now because it's the only life you've got.
Makes sense?

Con

First, Let me start off with what you said at the beginning.

"If a god cannot prove its existence, Then its specific religion is based on erroneous lies and fraudulent missteps that can never be proven to be true, Righteous, And just to anyone.
Also, There's another problem. . . Wars will and always will (and have) broken out as to which supposed truth is correct and which is not. "

There can't be a god because he doesn't exist. If you are pointing Christianity out for being the religion that's based on erroneous lies and fraudulent missteps that can never be proven to be true, Righteous, And just to anyone; Then, What is his role then?

Also, Can you give me a few examples where war is directly and specifically based on truth and being correct, Instead of being a war where people die in spite of what they believe?
backwardseden

Pro

Like I said, You picked the wrong debate. I mean come on!

"There can't be a god because he doesn't exist. "
First off, Whoever said that this idiot whatever unproven undefined supposed "god" is a "he"? Um no. It's much better to call it and "it". Secondly, Correct. "There can't be a god because he doesn't exist. " Third your comment makes no sense and is contradictory. "If you are pointing Christianity out for being the religion that's based on erroneous lies and fraudulent missteps that can never be proven to be true, Righteous, And just to anyone; Then, What is his role then? " If this unproven undefined supposed "god" does not exist, Then it does not have a role - right?

All wars are based on truth and being correct as they have to get backing from those who fight in them no matter how unjust or ridiculous they may be from those that do not side with them or do not fight in these wars. A perfect example of that is WWII. Nazi Germany and Hitler could never have gotten off the ground had the squeeze play not been involved by the grip from WWI in an attempt to shut down Germany for everything it had. Thus the rise of Hitler and the Nazis which was so easy to convince the public eye that their following was the right path.

Con

Here are my rebuttals:

1. "There can't be a god because he doesn't exist. "
First off, Whoever said that this idiot whatever unproven undefined supposed "god" is a "he"? Um no. It's much better to call it and "it". Secondly, Correct. "There can't be a god because he doesn't exist. " Third your comment makes no sense and is contradictory.

How is it contradictory, Where is the contradiction? If you tell me that God exists when he doesn't, And you call it "it", It is still a lie because that's their claim (which is blatantly false). Plus, It seems like you assumed that I misgendered a deity when I didn't.

2. "All wars are based on truth and being correct as they have to get backing from those who fight in them no matter how unjust or ridiculous they may be from those that do not side with them or do not fight in these wars. A perfect example of that is WWII. Nazi Germany and Hitler could never have gotten off the ground had the squeeze play not been involved by the grip from WWI in an attempt to shut down Germany for everything it had. Thus the rise of Hitler and the Nazis which was so easy to convince the public eye that their following was the right path. "

But how is it comparable to the U. S. When we defeated them and the Volunteer Fighting Corps of Japan with 2 nukes?
We defeated them because they think that winning these wars (and wars in general) are also based on truth instead of rhetoric, Propaganda, And tribalism for those that don't agree with the war. Truth doesn't matter in wars, Because you can't handle the truth until it's over. We lost The Vietnam War, Was that based on truth?

The Nazis and Japanese lost in WWII, Was that based on truth? Absolutely not, Because no country's stances and beliefs are set in stone, They changed over the past several decades. Japan is the nation with the highest Debt-to-GDP ratio and Germany has a mixed economy. The population in both, Just like the U. S. , Has changed alongside with the economy.

The Nazis had their downfall, They got bombarded by The Soviet Union, Ally forces invaded their territory and they surrendered. The Nazis believed that their doctrine and war is based on truth. If you were to go with this stance, Then truth by your own logic is vague and has no solid meaning.
backwardseden

Pro

Really? You don't understand your contradiction? Wow. And you call me "Your first round here is incoherent, Contradictory, And irrelevant to the topic. "
Um no wrong. You know what? You've got to be a teeny bopper with a stunted intelligence and edumacation to state that because it's such a typical defensive posturing when you are out of answers because guess where this exact debate came from? I mean for god's sake CAN'T YOU EVEN READ? Apparently not. It came from an Atheist Experience episode in which case I QUOTED THE PEOPLE WHO STATED WHAT THEY STATED in which case I ---always---give them credit for from either from 3 or 4 weeks ago in which case, Oh yeah you can certainly divulge your rotten little mind into because they are correct and you are not. Nah. You won't and you know it because you are too cowardly to accept a subject as deep.

Now here's your contradiction and it's a big one with a very big "duh" attached to it. . .
"Then, What is his role then? "
That's a supermassive hypocritical contradiction if there ever was one.
No more arguments or even talks from someone as arrogant and as ignorant as you which is so typical and pretending to know something that he doesn't know and because he doesn't, He invents excuses for it which is a very bad idea. You had your chance. You blew it. Bye.

Con

"Really? You don't understand your contradiction? Wow. And you call me "Your first round here is incoherent, Contradictory, And irrelevant to the topic. "
Um no wrong. You know what? You've got to be a teeny bopper with a stunted intelligence and edumacation to state that because it's such a typical defensive posturing when you are out of answers because guess where this exact debate came from? I mean for god's sake CAN'T YOU EVEN READ? Apparently not. It came from an Atheist Experience episode in which case I QUOTED THE PEOPLE WHO STATED WHAT THEY STATED in which case I ---always---give them credit for from either from 3 or 4 weeks ago in which case, Oh yeah you can certainly divulge your rotten little mind into because they are correct and you are not. Nah. You won't and you know it because you are too cowardly to accept a subject as deep. "

First of all, It is very childish to insult your opponent's intelligence. Second, You didn't even give a cohesive position on this subject, The question was "What is life going to be like after I die? "

Well, I will answer that question for you. Life for people around you (specifically family members, Friends, Colleagues, And acquaintances will cope with you as a loss and a gap that needs filling through mourning and a funeral at the end. When you die, You are buried 6 feet under at a certain cemetary, In a specific region of any given state of the country. They will cry, Look back into your life and reminisce about the days you were alive. You didn't even counter my argument that "wars are not based on truth. " You may pretend that you did, Which would be very pretentious of you.

Quoting certain people instead of directly answering the question with something remotely explanatory is ridiculous. Losing a life isn't just like losing a game, Because in a game, You can try again. When you die in life, You can't "try again. "
Wars are not like video games, There is no "try again. "

"Then, What is his role then? "

That is clearly not a contradiction, Because I am asking a question. I implied it as if you were to say that God has a role when you die, When he doesn't. This fictious deity you believe isn't a woman. If you consider God to be the father of Jesus, That's presuming that this fictitious deity is a "he. " I have been nothing but civil, Not arrogant in any way. You pretending that I was being smug in any way is quite frankly disrespectful. You couldn't actually counter my arguments, Instead you resort to pivoting, Repeating yourself, And childishly insulting my intelligence.

This debate is over, I would say thanks for engaging with me in this debate, But you have been disrespectful in this one, Sorry.

The choice is clear, Vote for con!
Posted by Anonymous 3 months ago
brodiescott76
Thats between you and God.