Anonymous
Mharman

Where does your god comes from if he created the universe?

Mharman

Mharman

Con

He is a deity. He has the power to break and bend the laws of the universe, beyond human comprehension. He is powerful enough to exist without being created.

Pro

exist where
Mharman

Con

He exists everywhere, he is connected to his own creation, the universe. He is All-powerful, giving him the power to be Omnipresent. Not in a physical sense, but in a spiritual sense.

Pro

exists everywhere before there is anywhere?
Mharman

Con

Yes, indeed, to answer your question.

He existed in an infinite sea of nothingness before he turned that nothingness into something.
Posted by Masterful 2 years ago
Masterful
To me this wasn't even close.

Burden of proof was on Mharman.

-Arguments-
Mharman did not explain where God came from. He replied with "everywhere." This is not specific enough to warrant filling his burden of proof.
He then said "He existed in an infinite sea of nothingness"
Mharman contradicted himself by saying he existed everywhere and nowhere (In nothing)

-Sources-
Mharman failed to source any claims he made. This means pro didn't need sources, as his sources would have been used in refutation of Con's.

-S and G-
Con very clearly over used commas, which confused me, specifically when he said-
"Yes, indeed, to answer your question."
It made me believe that he was over using commas in order to show he was taking regular breaths due to frustration. Due to this I was puzzled and couldn't workout Con's intentions.
This also ties into my poor conduct point.

-Conduct-
Con was being passive aggressive. As mentioned, not only did his excessive use of commas indicate frustration, but he said his God was everywhere. This means Mharman thinks his God is inside my daughter. This deeply disturbed me and I believe he should be held accountable for his horrible implications.

I would like to congratulate Spex on showing incredible restraint in the face of incredibly obscene comments.
Chilled guy, way ahead of his time.
Posted by Mharman 2 years ago
Mharman
Masterful, you're a dick.
Posted by Mharman 2 years ago
Mharman
The voting period is over...
Posted by JimShady 3 years ago
JimShady
yeah sup
Posted by DeletedUser 3 years ago
DeletedUser
sup canis
Posted by canis 3 years ago
canis
Some people say a godlike thing created our universe..That how fare these people can go....
Posted by DeletedUser 3 years ago
DeletedUser
my point is backing it up is different.. so let me make a claim, there is only 1 god, and you have never even heard about him, cuz its not necessary to know about
Posted by DeletedUser 3 years ago
DeletedUser
you have been doing nothing but that so far
Posted by DeletedUser 3 years ago
DeletedUser
any one can make claims, claims are not evidence, its as if you consider it a skill.. to simply make a claim..
Posted by DeletedUser 3 years ago
DeletedUser
so is that the case, you dont believe it?
Vote Placed by Ragnar 2 years ago
Ragnar
AnonymousMharmanTied
Reasons for voting decision: This style of debate has serious merits, but not when it's treated as self evident ... Pro waited until R3 to make a single point, whereas con offered one each round. The answers need not be good when unchallenged. ... Pro could have countered that power within reality does not imply existence before reality; of course technically to exist at all before there was an anywhere to exist, would ensure existing everywhere within that null space (pro's one point was extremely weak).
Vote Placed by Anonymous 2 years ago
AnonymousMharmanTied
Reasons for voting decision: Conduct, S&G, and sources are about equal. Mharman was the only one who actually bothered to make arguments, so he kinda wins there by default. vi_spex didn't actually make any arguments, he just interrogated.