ThisSiteTrash_uPPLrTrash
F100

White Culture Doesn't Exist

F100

ThisSiteTrash_uPPLrTrash

Pro

Rules
1. No insults or inflammatory language of any kind in your resposne
2. The proof of burden lays squarely on you. Notwithstanding you reject it. I will make the first argument.
3. Have fun k ;)
F100

Con

White culture is a difficult concept to define, For it assumes varied meanings. Hence, I will endeavor to depict White Culture, And debate against the topic - that there is such a thing as White Culture, Is indeed a truth.
Society is ingrained with different fragments - in the case of America, We have the white people, The European Americans, The African Americans, Asians, Latinos and so forth. Whatever community we belong to, We tend to see our patriotism more with our communities than with the entire nation. This is true of nearly everywhere - take the case of India. India is far more ethnically diverse than America, And as a result, Such feelings must be high. So even though the Constitution of India went as far as preaching citizens to accept the entire country as their brethren, There still are communal clashes, Despite there being safeguards for Minorities (just think of this as Hispanics in the USA - they are minorities in number, And have to be safeguarded). Perhaps it is a blessing that America is just not that diverse, Or else we would see riots frequently.

Now that I have defined the feelings of a community, Let's move onto segregation. You moved into a new state for studies. Your dad, Who had happened to work there back when you were a kid, Recommends moving into any one among 2 of his colleagues. Both were his good friends, And you know that both will treat you well. The only difference? One belongs to the same community as you, The other doesn't.
Think. Even though, For the sake of opposing this argument, You may think in the counter, Deep within, You would feel it "better" to stay with people of your community - people who perhaps the same language as you, Eat the same food as you, Think about the same philosophy as you - those people are the ones you want.

White culture is merely a higher concept of this. In this case, Assuming your community member had a problem taking you in. You'd always go to the other home. But white culture is defined as the I and the me. White culture is the root cause for many of the communal clashes because you have the majority exerting majority, And the minority feeling oppressed. This majority/minority divide, While practically non-existent or present only in slight traces in today's America, Is still a threat.

To explain this better, Let us consider this. A white man and a black man. You see the 2, And both wear the same clothes. I don't mean to be racist here, Please do not misunderstand me. But 9 times out of 10, You would feel the white man is in some way richer/more educated than the black man. I reiterate this because in my college, We did a community project poll, And the exact results went like that. This is because it is ingrained in us - this divide, This so called white superiority.

I am glad that a debate was based on the fact that it does not exist, Because if it were so commonly known, America would be burning along community lines. The Civil Rights Movement was based on opposition to this majority oppression, And I sincerely hope that the ideals of White Culture are NEVER practiced, For they are but baseless, Illogical segregations of people based solely on COMMUNITY.
ThisSiteTrash_uPPLrTrash

Pro

ThisSiteTrash_uPPLrTrash forfeited this round.
F100

Con

I reiterate my statements that I have relayed in the previous round - white culture does not really point to the culture of "white" people as such, But is the majoritarian belief of a majority community. To believe that it does not exist is incorrect.

I await your argument for Round 3.
ThisSiteTrash_uPPLrTrash

Pro

F100

Con

For all those viewing this debate, I apologize that my opponent has forfeited 2 rounds. As a result, I beg that you consider our arguments for Round 1 only, And vote as you see fit. All I have to say at this point is that I stand by my stance in believing in the existence of White Culture. Yes, White Culture does exist.
I have emphasized on this in the first round.
Posted by K_Michael_Tolman 3 years ago
K_Michael_Tolman
I was referring to Pro, @ThisSiteTrash_uPPLrTrash. Sorry about that.
Posted by F100 3 years ago
F100
K Michael, White culture, As it is, Does not exist as you pointed out. I intend on making that clear the next round. However, Despite the non-existence of white culture LITERALLY, There is such a thing that is referred to in similar terms. I appreciate your comment, And this site ain't trash, Where did you get that?
Posted by K_Michael_Tolman 3 years ago
K_Michael_Tolman
You're right, But for the wrong reasons.
"Whites" don't have a culture, Because they're not a race. It's like saying Asian culture. We may see Thailand and China and Japan to have the same culture, Or the Scottish and Irish, But they aren't a unified ethnic group.
Americans are more of an ethnic group, And frankly we don't have much of a unified culture either.
Russians to French to the average Caucasian American citizen are all "white, " which is more or less an unintentional racial slur. If you go onto a website or form that wants to know your ethnicity, "Latino" is a separate option from "Mexican", Even thought the latter is technically a subset of the former, But the same form has simply the option, "White. "

What kind of fairness is that? Do we need a separate selection for each group that Americans and Europeans (a. K. A. , Whites) has ever mistreated or offended? I'm not saying that this is a serious problem, Like the mistreatment of African-Americans, But it IS an issue. We are generalizing ourselves, Making the lines more and more ambiguous.

(Author's Note, Not a part of the debate: If this site is trash, As your title says, Then why are you on it? )
Vote Placed by omar2345 3 years ago
omar2345
ThisSiteTrash_uPPLrTrashF100Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Con was the only one to give arguments because Pro forfeited who was only there for Round 1 which he/she used to lay out the rules.