Majovan
RachStanton

White/Male Privelege

Majovan has forfeited round #2.
Updated: 3 years ago Status: Debating Period

Majovan

Con

I believe white/male privilege is a myth. Try to change my mind. And also good luck and I hope to enjoy my debate with you.
RachStanton

Pro

If your male, you are automaticaly born with more priveleges then other like the wage gap i get payed less then my male coworkers for doing the same job wow. Imbecils like you our the reason we still need feminists in this world wow.
Posted by darkwolf 3 years ago
darkwolf
Please provide some evidence that you are paid less because of your gender and not some other factor such as work ethic, or years of service. Oh and insulting your opponent won't win you the debate
Posted by Majovan 3 years ago
Majovan
Also Renie liberals tend to argue collaborating both white and male privilege, so I'm arguing against that since they like combining the two.
Posted by Majovan 3 years ago
Majovan
Renie thank you for your opinion I would agree to you. There was definitely male/white privilege back then, I'm focusing more on the US in today's world. Your comment helped me understand to make my point more clear, and I thank you for that. My first round I was just making my claim, but the following rounds I will definitely have evidence.
Posted by Renie 3 years ago
Renie
Both of you don't seem to have very established, factual points, so I'm just going to state what I know about this argument and maybe you'll be able to pick up from there.

White and male privilege are two very different things and shouldn't really be debated together. And when you go talking about these things, you also need to really think about it demographically and establish the context as the header is very generalised and broad.

For example, in the 1800s in white-dominated regions such as Britain and North America, there was certainly both white and male privilege. Now, in the same areas, there is no such thing as white nor male privilege (more on this later).

However, in areas such as the Middle East there is a strong male privilege. Women are actually oppressed - they can't leave the house without a male escort, in some cases, and are required by law in places such as Saudi Arabia to wear a head covering at all times. Men, on the other hand, do not have these restrictions.

Now, I think this debate you're having is centred around America. In the Western world, there is no gender wage gap. It's extremely difficult to measure the different wages and a lot of the results that the media has given leave out many real factors, and are generalisations across all the workforce. In fact, women are more likely to be promoted than men - but nobody tells you that, do they?

Other known facts regarding this debate, debunking white and male privilege, is that there are governmental systems in place that help minorities (including women and people of colour) to get into college, obtain jobs, and get better opportunities than white males.

There are so many things I could go into, but due to word count I can't. I would love to debate this argument, so feel free to reply to my comment :)