AKMath
SaltyMelonPotato

White People Shouldn"t Pay Black People For Slavery

SaltyMelonPotato has forfeited round #2.
Updated: 3 years ago Status: Debating Period

AKMath

Pro

Here"s to a good debate.
SaltyMelonPotato

Con

*stretches arms*
alright, this is a clearly wrong argument your making so I guess i'll say my reasons and turn this one into a right one.
First off, white people need to pay for slavery because it was one of (probably the only) reason why slaves didn't revolt against their white masters. They needed desperate money, and even if they did riot for unfair slavery where they don't get anything, they would still ask to be payed, instead of doing work in the shoes of a free worker. If the white man doesn't give them money, there's no reason for them to work in the first place, without the influence of payment, their boycotts and riots would have been more frequent, giving leeway for more deaths, and violence between whites and blacks
AKMath

Pro

Saying my argument is wrong is borderline deregulatory. Please stop, there"s really no such thing as a WRONG argument.

Anyway...

Slavery kept blacks from revolting? How?

What is desperate money?

So let me get this straight. Slaves would rather be payed to work, then work for free. I think that"s a given.

Even if they asked their slave master to pay them, he wouldn"t have enough money. So...

If slaves were payed then why would they boycott and have riots?

There is already violence between whites and black (most of it committed by blacks).

Here"s the thing Con...

No whites are slave owners, and no blacks are slacks. You shouldn"t have to PAY the consequences of a few bad ancestors wrongdoings. I shouldn"t have to pay Jews, because my great grandfather was a NAZI (true fact). Same thing here. It"s backwards racism really. The government is trying to be helpful, but in the end discriminating white people.

Good luck!
Happy 4th of July 🇺🇸!!!
Posted by mosc 3 years ago
mosc
Black people sold black people into slavery in the first place.
Posted by DeletedUser 3 years ago
DeletedUser
Black people should pay white people for their violence they inflict
Posted by Surgeon 3 years ago
Surgeon
Why would people who have never held slaves, pay people who have never been slaves? And at what point is total negation achieved for any descendants of former slave holders? Does my Celtic ancestry entitle me to pursue a case against Italians because they enslaved my ancestors during the Roman Empire, what about the crimes of the Ottoman Empire (modern day Turkey), what about the African Chiefs who caught and sold Africans in the slave trade (they initiated the trade sequence of exchange), what about White Americans who died in the civil war freeing slaves and were never slave holders, This is total nonsense and racist in and of itself. I agree with Pro.