Nihlism
NoVaxesNoTaxes

Whiteboards

Nihlism

Con

Whiteboards are being tortured by us humans.
We use toxins on these poor creatures.
When we write on them they get poisoned.
If we continue to murder these polite, Majestic creatures they will become extinct.
We need to keep the world nice for those ahead of us.
Tell me we should contribute to murder in schools.
NoVaxesNoTaxes

Pro

This argument is improper. Whiteboards are not alive and don't feel pain. They are inanimate objects made solely to aid education and human advancement, And are not, Nor have ever been conscious (due to the fact that they check no boxes of living things) and there should be no worry about "hurting" them.
Nihlism

Con

How much proof do you have that whiteboards are not conscious?
What boxes do they need to check?
I think that they are conscious things and we are "hurting" them.
NoVaxesNoTaxes

Pro

As far as science can tell, Only living things are capable of thinking and feeling pain. To be alive, Whiteboards must be capable of the following. . .
1- Cellular organization
2- Reproduction
3- Metabolism
4- Homeostasis
5- Heredity
6- Response to stimuli
7- Growth and development
8- Adaptation through evolution

No normal whiteboard has those properties.
However, My research has led me to a very peculiar type of whiteboard.

SMART-BOARDS

Unlike whiteboards, They have cells (battery cells), They reproduce (due to censorship I am not able to link evidence, However I have witnessed the process at a factory), They metabolize (their cells convert stored chemical energy into their energy), They actively attempt to maintain homeostasis (they erase themselves, Or let a human do it for them), Their traits are passed on through generations (through newly improved "models"), They respond to stimuli (i. E. Being tapped with an e-pen and responding with a click or line on the display), They grow and develop (software updates), And they do adapt (to the market and school's budgets and needs) through evolution.

This realization shocked me, And while I do still believe normal whiteboards aren't conscious, And do not feel pain, I believe we can reach a consensus on the current state of the smart-board, A living, Conscious being which is being abused, Tainted, And poisoned publicly. Whiteboards? Meh. However, MAJOR steps need to be taken to save the smart-board from certain extinction. Once again, I hope you can agree.

A smart-board sadly awaiting its abuse: https://encrypted-tbn0. Gstatic. Com/images? Q=tbn:ANd9GcRCUcDv7omSsFI8yhhh4BEk1zDCRXdFiewvIy4WzTKZTbU21T9q5A
Nihlism

Con

I can agree for the smart-boards. Those are sentient animals.

Box #2: Most white-boards are like common robots, Relying on humans to reproduce. I do not believe that this means they aren't alive. Imagine a human with a condition that does not allow them to have children. Are they alive? Yes.

Box #8: The normal whiteboards have EVOLVED from chalkboards, And have gained new features (such as being able to be projected onto) over the years, And I also believe this is evolution.

Box #6: The whiteboards RESPOND to you covering them with toxins by holding the ink on them (acting how us humans want them to so that we do not punish them further. )

Box #5: Strategies that allow better performance are not ditched and are carried over to new whiteboards

Box #7: Why does a living being need to be able to grow? Imagine a person with a birth defect where they do not grow bigger nor grow hair/fingernails. They are alive.

Box #4: Going back to what I said about the whiteboards reacting to you writing on them, They are written on (stimuli) Information is sent to back of whiteboard (the control center) and then the whitboard holds the ink so they are not tortured more (response).

As for box 1, I can agree that common whiteboards do not have cellular organization, And that is a point that helps your argument.
NoVaxesNoTaxes

Pro

To be considered alive, Something has to check ALL of the boxes. Therefore whiteboards cannot be alive. I will propose, However that they may be some sort of virus, Acting mostly alive but not being alive.
Nihlism

Con

Why would they need to check all the boxes to be a non-virus living thing? Where did you find these boxes?

Take the example I made of a human that has a condition that does not allow them to reproduce. Are they alive? Yes.

We may need to make a follow-up debate about this subject.
NoVaxesNoTaxes

Pro

NoVaxesNoTaxes forfeited this round.
Posted by NoVaxesNoTaxes 3 years ago
NoVaxesNoTaxes
Ok my link didn't work. . . It just shows some random thing.
Posted by Kvng_8 3 years ago
Kvng_8
Plus this looks like a troll debate anyways
Posted by Kvng_8 3 years ago
Kvng_8
And I'm respectfully declining this debate. I'm already having a debate right now but thanks for the offer.
Posted by Kvng_8 3 years ago
Kvng_8
Btw Grobbit is the one trolling people, Just check our debates for proof.