iHateliberals123
Kvng_8

Why I think white privilege is a myth

iHateliberals123

Pro

My opponent can have the first word. I don't think white privilege is real.
Kvng_8

Con

I shall take this debate.

Yeah and some people believe the earth is flat, When it is simply not.

White privilege is real. The definition states as follows: White privilege is the societal privilege that benefits people whom society identifies as white in some countries, Beyond what is commonly experienced by non-white people under the same social, Political, Or economic circumstances. I'll go more in depth if needed once you explain why you think white privilege is a myth.

- Kvng
iHateliberals123

Pro

First of all, Thank you for accepting my debate. I really appreciate it.

My first real problem is that you haven't even told me in what ways society has white privilege. The reality is that in this debate you were supposed to clarify what points prove white privilege isn't a myth, But since that isn't the case I will take it upon myself.

"Yeah and some people believe the earth is flat when it is simply not. "
No offense but that makes no sense and you didn't even put any context into it, Explaining it or even connecting your following "argument" with that sentence.

Also a heads up. I mostly talk about African Americans in this, But I am also referring to all minorities.

A pillar of contemporary Leftism is the notion of "white privilege. " Given that a generation of high-school and college students are being taught that a great number of "unearned privileges" accrue to white Americans, The charge of white privilege demands a rational inquiry.

The assertion turns out to be largely meaningless. And, More significantly, It does great harm to blacks.

First, No reasonable person can argue that white privilege applies to the great majority of whites, Let alone to all whites. There are simply too many variables other than race that determines individual success in America.

And if it were true, Why would whites commit suicide at twice the rate of blacks (and at a higher rate than any other race in America except American Indians)? According to the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention, White men, Who the Left argues are the most privileged group of all in America, Commit seven out of every ten suicides in America " even though only three out of ten Americans are white males.

Whatever reason one gives for the white suicide rate, It is indisputable that, At the very least, Considerably more whites than blacks consider life not worth living. To argue that all these whites were oblivious to all the unique privileges they had is to stretch the definition of "privilege" beyond credulity.

Second, There are a host of privileges that dwarf "white privilege. "

A huge one is a Two-Parent Privilege. If you are raised by a father and mother, You enter adulthood with more privileges than anyone else in American society, Irrespective of race, Ethnicity, Or sex. That"s why the poverty rate among two-parent black families is only 7 percent.

Compare that with a 22 percent poverty rate among whites in single-parent homes. Obviously, The two-parent home is the decisive "privilege. "

#share#Another "privilege, " if one wants to use that term, That dwarfs "white privilege" is Asian privilege. Asian Americans do better than white Americans in school, On IQ tests, On credit scores, And on other positive measures. In fact, According to recent data from the Federal Reserve, Asians are about to surpass whites as the wealthiest group of Americans. Will the Left soon complain about Asian privilege?

And how about "gentile privilege? " For most of American history, It was a lot easier being a Christian than being a Jew in America. Yet, I do not know a Jew " myself included " who don"t believe that to be a Jew in America has always been an unbelievable stroke of good fortune. It is not surprising that an American Jew, Irving Berlin, Wrote "God Bless America. "

There are even times when there is "minority privilege" in America today.

Every high-school student knows that given similar scholastic and extra-curricular records, One"s chances of being accepted into a prestigious college are considerably greater if one is a member of a minority, Most especially the black minority.

And the biggest privilege of all is American privilege. Unless you or your family make some big mistakes, The greatest privilege of all is to be an American. That"s why much of the world wants to live in America.

So then why all this left-wing talk about white privilege?

The major reason is in order to portray blacks as victims. This achieves two huge goals for the Left " one political, The other philosophical.

The political goal is to ensure that blacks continue to view America as racist. The Left knows that the only way to retain political power in America is to perpetuate the belief among black Americans that their primary problem is white racism. Only then will blacks continue to regard the Left and the Democrats as indispensable.

#related#The philosophical reason is that the Left denies " as it has since Marx " the primacy of moral and cultural values in determining the fate of the individual and of society. In the Left"s view, It is not poor values or a lack of moral self-control that causes crime, But poverty and, In the case of black criminals, Racism. Therefore, The disproportionate amount of violent crime committed by black males is not attributable to the moral failure of the black criminal or to the likelihood of his not having been raised by a father, But to an external factor over which he has little or no power " white racism.

White privilege is another left-wing attempt, And a successful one, To keep America from focusing on what will truly help black America " a resurrection of the black family, For example " and instead to focus on an external problem: white privilege.

In doing so, The Left has become the only real enemy the black has in America today.
Kvng_8

Con

"can you respond to my debate instead of creating a new one about the same things. " First of all I do what I want to do, It's called multitasking. Just as many other people on this site have more than one debate, I do the same, Even though I don't prefer it. I didn't create the other debate because I wanted to, I challenged someone else because they said black privilege is real in the comments. So I'm doing that debate and I'm doing this one as well, I'm not ignoring you. You actually took a little while to respond back anyways, So that debate was something I decided to do on the sidelines until you reply with your argument each round.

Back to this debate.

1. "what ways society has white privilege. " - Oh, There's lot of ways.

2. Sorry that I didn't have the first word, I usually do better reading someone's full argument first and then responding to it. But I should have followed your rules so my mistake. But to be fair, Technically I proved you wrong with one statement in my round one. I said the definition (which is a fact) about white privilege. That alone proves that white privilege is indeed not a myth. And I can even bring up examples, But I'll get to that later. (Goes back to point 1)

"Yeah and some people believe the earth is flat when it is simply not. " - Yeah that statement simply goes with "White privilege is a myth" it shows that both of those statements are false. There was no need for explanation of connecting the "White privilege is a myth" argument to it. That's why I said that. I thought that was super clear from the beginning but somehow you didn't understand that.

Heads up before we continue, I'm African American.

"A huge one is a Two-Parent Privilege. If you are raised by a father and mother, You enter adulthood with more privileges than anyone else in American society, Irrespective of race, Ethnicity, Or sex. That"s why the poverty rate among two-parent black families is only 7 percent. " - Yeah that further proves that white privilege is a real and it shows the advantage it has over black people.

"Asian Privilege" - Cool, Wait for the future and see if that happens.

Nice round, You did good.
iHateliberals123

Pro

iHateliberals123 forfeited this round.
Kvng_8

Con

I'll make my argument now. I was waiting for your response, But didn't get one. But I'll try one more time. Don't want this debate to go a waste of forfeiting each round. The reason I didn't go too in depth in depth in my last response was because in your Round 2 you were all over the place. You talked about other privileges instead of explaining how white privilege isn't real. I will now explain my stance.

>White privilege is a myth? Look at white supremacy.

>White supremacy ties into white privilege.

>The United States (where I'm from) was built off of White Supremacy.

>White Supremacy - The belief that white people are superior to those of all other races, Especially the black race, And should therefore dominate society. (Google)

>That further proves that white privilege is real.

>White privilege also has an official definition.

White people don't have to worry about:

Easily becoming victim to both law enforcement and the judicial system alike unfairly.

They don't have to worry about their teenage children's unjustified death being mocked. Source: https://gawker. Com. . .

If that link doesn't go through, Then it's about these white people who were mocking and black-facing Trayvon Martin for Halloween back in 2013.

They don't have to worry about informing their children of the harsh realities of systematic racism.

They don't have to worry about having a talk with their children about obeying police officers and follow their every command or their life could be gone.

They don't have to worry about being articulate and well spoken without people being surprised.

They don't have to worry about what they wear or how they act or how they carry themselves without being labeled a thug, Or a gangster.

They don't have to worry about the texture of their hair or their skin color or their cultural accessories as the reason why they didn't get a job.

They don't have too worry about being monitored in stores just because the color of their skin.

They don't have to worry about being told to get over slavery.

They don't have to worry about being told to get over Jim Crow.

The list goes on.

If white privilege was a myth, Then there wouldn't be 'Black Lives Matter'. They are using and taking advantage of their white privilege to disregard Black Lives Matter and say All Lives Matter as if 'Black lives matter' insinuates that other lives don't. That right there reinforces white privilege.

We aren't saying that black lives are more meaningful than everyone else's, We are saying black lives are just as meaningful as everyone else's. The Black Lives Matter movement isn't about separation, Or segregation or disengagement. It's about inclusion.

And by changing black lives matter to all lives matter, It is an act of disassociation from black people to equality which is what our movement is all about which equates to the belittlement our struggle and patronizing our struggle.
iHateliberals123

Pro

iHateliberals123 forfeited this round.
Kvng_8

Con

Extend arguments
iHateliberals123

Pro

iHateliberals123 forfeited this round.
Posted by PointProven 3 years ago
PointProven
Privilege exists, Of course. But if you honestly think that white people have some special privilege, I challenge you to take a drive through the trailer parks of Louisiana and see all the white trash scum fucks sitting in front of their trailers surrounded by pure filth and poverty. If you call that privilege, You're retarded.
Posted by billsands 3 years ago
billsands
privledge is a function of wealth not race
Posted by VoReason 3 years ago
VoReason
Pro presents a prima facie truth, But when taken literally 'White Privilege' is very real. It is in everything created by the West. For instance, ANYTHING powered by electricity WHICH ONE POSSESSES ("regardless" of 'race' or 'location') - by its very existence - is 'white privilege. ' If you own a cellphone - you have white privilege. Got a furnace or an air conditioner in your home? White privilege. Own an automobile? White privilege. A refrigerator? White privilege. Do you own jeans? White privilege. Do you live in a mud hut and wear a grass skirt? No white privilege.

It's not rocket science. However, Respecting it seems to be far beyond the grasp of those who only cry foul and demand ever more of the host.
Posted by Kvng_8 3 years ago
Kvng_8
Waiting for your response.
Posted by Kvng_8 3 years ago
Kvng_8
"Kvng can you respond to my debate instead of creating a new one about the same things. " looks like someone's a hypocrite.
I even see that Thoht said "I actually can't accept this until we finish our other one. "
You literally just did the same thing. Hmm.
Posted by Thoht 3 years ago
Thoht
Saying it's not real is silly. Do you think there are no ways in which whites have a clear advantage than other minorities today? White privilege exists. There is such a thing as female privilege and male privilege as well. There's even such a thing as black privilege. These are things those specific types of people can say in public, Or ways in which they have an advantage over other demographics.

You can say it isn't AS big of a deal as it used to be, But it certainly exists. I'll be going over some of this in our debate, Frizzy.
Posted by FrizzyHairInc 3 years ago
FrizzyHairInc
Pro should have clarified that TODAY white privilege in the US is a myth as throughout history white privilege did indeed exist.
Posted by Thoht 3 years ago
Thoht
I actually can't accept this until we finish our other one.