Retrobobobo
GuitarSlinger

Why do woman call child birth the ultimate test of pain, And call it a sign of strength?

Retrobobobo

Con

I just don't understand what makes childbirth a sign of strength. Yes, I get it can be painful and dangerous, But it isn't the most dangerous thing in the world. It is a natural part of reproduction, And yet some women are treating it as if it is some huge test of their strength and as if it is the greatest pain imaginable.

Lots of women do die during childbirth yes, But far more people die from other more dangerous jobs and professions than from a natural part of reproduction.
GuitarSlinger

Pro

I don't think woman say, Universally, It's "the most dangerous thing". Painful, Yes. But dangerous, I doubt it. It's been my experience that most women who have babies say it's the most pain they've experienced-- I don't' think I've heard a mother say it's the most dangerous thing they've ever done.

I've never experienced the pain associated with giving birth myself. But I have witnessed first-hand the birth of my own children, And the pain my wife endured during the process. I do not doubt her when she says it was the worst pain she ever experienced-- first, Because I could tell by her emotions and reactions it was very painful, And second, I don't doubt her cuz I'd prefer not to sleep on the couch tonight. Lol

I'm sure there are greater pains than giving childbirth. . . . . Being drawn and quartered comes to mind. . . Being skinned alive. . . . Being scourged and crucified. . . . . The death of a child.

But, I would argue that pain is relative. Who are we to doubt a woman when she says it's extremely painful and it's the worst thing she's experienced. I've worked with big burly guys who think a nick from shaving is the worst thing ever lol.
Retrobobobo

Con

Retrobobobo forfeited this round.
GuitarSlinger

Pro

See previous argument
Retrobobobo

Con

Retrobobobo forfeited this round.
GuitarSlinger

Pro

GuitarSlinger forfeited this round.
Posted by Block.19 3 years ago
Block.19
because those two things are not mutually exclusive