Realtree101
Negotiate

Why is police allowed to be racist?

Realtree101 has forfeited round #2.
Updated: 3 years ago Status: Debating Period

Realtree101

Con

I believe that this racism with officers has been going on for quite some time now. Police officers also get away with it. These African Americans can literally be doing nothing and the police are shooting them or beating them up for no apparent reason. Just like that Milwaukee Bucks player he parked in a handicap parking space and the officers could have gave him a ticket and left but they put him in handcuffs and beat the crap out of him. Why do the officers get away with this stuff?
Negotiate

Pro

Through careful research, I believe that racial profiling is more a myth than anything.

According to the National Institute of Justice, a study on traffic stops of both white and black drivers found that "of those stopped at the same time, place, and context (reason for the stop, validity of the driver's license, etc.), they found no differences." They continue by stating that the study found that the "cause was longer stops and higher search rates."
Posted by Negotiate 3 years ago
Negotiate
Because I didn't have enough characters to write my source here it is:
Source- https://www.nij.gov...
Welcome to Debate.org and thanks for the debate! Great to meet you Realtree101.