backwardseden
GeneralGrant

Why would anyone "want" to believe in jesus?

backwardseden

Con

You MUST give all of your possessions away and hate all of your closest family members in order to be a disciple of jesus. Plus the fact he was a liar who lied about his supposed god.

http://www. Youtube. Com/watch? V=x-slAgzJmdU - Why Does Every Intelligent christian disobey jesus?
Why would anyone "want" to believe in jesus? You must give up your families, Possessions and love your enemies. All three of those are absolutely insane. No person in their right mind would ever be stupid enough to do such absurd things. Would you give up your family, you mother, Your father, Your sister, Your brother for an untested, An undemonstrated jesus character in which you cannot even prove exists? Who in their right mind would do such horrific, Illogical, Completely bonkers ideals? Are you that empty inside that seeking something else to give you meaning and purpose that you cannot grasp from within your own self worth that you have to seek it from elsewhere? And then ask yourself why would you dump your family, Your possessions and love your enemies (in which case no one should ---ever--- do without having your guard up to reach astronomically high levels) to worship a character from 2, 000 years ago of a printed book in which there’s no proof he ever existed?

jesus was a liar AND he worked on the sabbath. . .
John 5: 16-18 "16 And therefore did the Jews persecute Jesus, And sought to slay him, because he had done these things on the sabbath day. 17 But Jesus answered them, My Father worketh hitherto, And I work. 18 Therefore the Jews sought the more to kill him, Because he not only had broken the sabbath, but said also that God was his Father, Making himself equal with God. "
Many problems with those verses. 1. 17 So according to jesus, His father, Namely god works on the sabbath. 2. There’s a 0% chance that god is going to work on the sabbath, NOT ever. So either 3. jesus flat out lied thus proving that he is false, The entire NT is false and christianity is false or 4. These verses are misprints in which is the most likely of probabilities in which is supposed to be a perfect book. 5. The entire OT is false which there’s a 0% chance of that if you believe in god as once again there’s no chance god would ---ever--- work on the sabbath. 6. 18 Notice how jesus himself appoints himself to be equal with god. 7. Where did jesus get permission from god to do this? 8. Wow. What an egotist. 9. No need to worry. The entire bible screams of god’s superior ego god complex. That’s what the bible is entirely about and nothing else. 10. There’s no proof whatsoever that god and jesus have---ever--- existed.

Giving up your family…
Matthew 10: 35-37 “For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, And the daughter against her mother, And the daughter in law against her mother in law. 36 And a man's foes shall be they of his own household. 37 He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me. ”

Luke 12: 51-53 “Suppose ye that I am come to give peace on earth? I tell you, Nay; but rather division: 52 For from henceforth there shall be five in one house divided, three against two, And two against three. 53 The father shall be divided against the son, And the son against the father; the mother against the daughter, And the daughter against the mother; the mother in law against her daughter in law, And the daughter in law against her mother in law. ”Luke 14:26 “If any man come to me, and hate not his father, And mother, And wife, And children, And brethren, And sisters, Yea, And his own life also, He cannot be my disciple. ”

Matthew 19: 28-29 “28 And Jesus said unto them, Verily I say unto you, That ye which have followed me, In the regeneration when the Son of man shall sit in the throne of his glory, Ye also shall sit upon twelve thrones, Judging the twelve tribes of Israel. 29 And every one that hath forsaken houses, Or brethren, Or sisters, Or father, Or mother, Or wife, Or children, Or lands, For my name's sake, Shall receive an hundredfold, And shall inherit everlasting life. ” (now who would ever want to receive “everlasting life”, Whatever that means, In a life with jesus if it means giving up EVERYTHING? )

Luke 9: 23-25 “And he said to them all, If any man will come after me, Let him deny himself, And take up his cross daily, And follow me. 24 For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: but whosoever will lose his life for my sake, The same shall save it. 25 For what is a man advantaged, If he gain the whole world, And lose himself, Or be cast away? ” (Yeah we should all deny who we are, Which means that we give up purpose and self worth and pride in life for this piece of garbage in print only as there’s 0% proof this jesus character even exists)
What a true schmuck and imbecile this in print character jesus fellow was and a true egotist to honestly expect that anyone would be shortsighted enough to give up their families and who we are as individuals for him. Nobody for any reason should ---ever--- give up their families for something that is unproved, Untested and NOT demonstrated.

Giving up your possessions. . .
Matthew 6:19 “Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, Where moth and rust doth corrupt, And where thieves break through and steal:”

Luke 14:33 “So likewise, Whosoever he be of you that forsaketh not all that he hath, He cannot be my disciple. ”

Matthew 6:24 “No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, And love the other; or else he will hold to the one, And despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon. ” (Well yeah I can serve two masters or even three or more, Or who says I have to serve ANY MASTERS at all? )

Matthew 19: 21-24 “21 Jesus said unto him, If thou wilt be perfect, Go and sell that thou hast, And give to the poor, And thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come and follow me. 22 But when the young man heard that saying, He went away sorrowful: for he had great possessions. 23 Then said Jesus unto his disciples, Verily I say unto you, That a rich man shall hardly enter into the kingdom of heaven. 24 And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, Than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God. ”
Well I’m not going to give up the internet, And neither are you, otherwise you would not be reading this, So you are not a true christian by any means to give up all of your possessions for this wannabe nothing no good bratty self righteous egotist jesus that truly nobody wants in their lives. If they did, Then why oh why wouldn’t you follow YOUR fricken bible and DO WHAT IT SAYS AND give up all of your possessions including your cars, Your house, Your jewelry, Your phone’s, Your food, Your computer's, ev-er-yt-hi-ng! Nah. You are completely and totally addicted to you possessions AND you have absolutely no intention whatsoever in giving them up to follow this jesus in print character into the desert.

Love your enemies. . .
Luke 6: 27 - 28 “But I say unto you which hear, Love your enemies, Do good to them which hate you, 28 Bless them that curse you, And pray for them which despitefully use you. ”

Luke 6: 35 “But love ye your enemies, And do good, And lend, Hoping for nothing again; and your reward shall be great, And ye shall be the children of the Highest: for he is kind unto the unthankful and to the evil. ”

Matthew 5:43-44 “Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, And hate thine enemy. 44 But I say unto you, Love your enemies, Bless them that curse you, Do good to them that hate you, And pray for them which despitefully use you, And persecute you;”
Indeed should we love our enemies? If so then why does this country have enough firepower to blow up the world probably a good 4 or 5 times over? And the Trump administration (the worst president of all time who claims he is a christian along with his sidekick Mike Pence a true piece of outhouse manure dung pile of brown stuff who also claims himself to be a christian and also wants to strengthen the military) would easily blow up anybody that crosses their lines. So who REALLY loves their enemies? Do we let our guard down for anyone in our lives who has deeply hurt us/ become our enemies/ to set ourselves up to be subjugated again by the same person to dig in deeper and ruin our lives further? Does kindness and loving an enemy really help? Well who knows. Every situation is different. Two things. 1. Keep your guard up when this happens. 2. It is most certainly not a christian ideal and happens to everybody.

RULES:
Prove that this printed jesus character according to the bible is somehow worthy of being considered as the messiah.

Dsjpk5 will not be able to vote in the voting process as he pretends to play god.
GeneralGrant

Pro

'Why Does Every Intelligent christian disobey Jesus? '
The answer is simple, We are sinners. However, There is a difference between Christians who disobey Him on purpose and those who fall into temptation.

'Jesus was a liar AND he worked on the sabbath. '
If you go to Matthew 12? 11-12 you will find a similar story. Jesus points out that the Jews themselves did "work" on the Sabbath, Such as rescuing their sheep or oxen. So either the Jews were being hypocrites or they understood that the 4th commandment did allow them to be of help. Remember the sabbath day, To keep it holy. Six days shalt thou labour, And do all thy work: But the seventh day is the sabbath of the Lord thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, Thou, Nor thy son, Nor thy daughter, Thy manservant, Nor thy maidservant, Nor thy cattle, Nor thy stranger that is within thy gates: For in six days the Lord made heaven and earth, The sea, And all that in them is, And rested the seventh day: wherefore the Lord blessed the sabbath day, And hallowed it. So the question is what does this commandment mean? The day was to be a day f rest from work in the field or business. Why? To remember how God rested or stopped creating on the 7th day, However, This doesn't mean that God was just sitting on the couch all day taking a snooze. The Bible says in Colossians that God holds the universe together. There for God was doing good on the Sabbath by holding the universe together so it doesn't go into chaos. The purpose of the commandment was to prevent greed and have a day where the Jews could take time and think about God, But if a sheep or a person were in trouble then it was your duty to help that person, Not sit and watch them die. You ask where Jesus got the authority to say this, Well He was God.

'something that is unproved, Untested and NOT demonstrated. '
This statement is arbitrary.

Giving up your family
I know of many people who are persecuted by their family for turning to Jesus. It happens a lot in Muslim ad Atheist countries. It even happens among Mormons, Jehovah Witness's and Catholics. Yes, These people sacrifice a lot. And that is why Biblical Christianity is different from all other religions, For Biblical Christians will still love and pray fro a family member who does not take Jesus as His Savior. I was blessed to be in a Christian family and I do not have to forsake them because they are not only my physical family, But also my spiritual one. I will also say that in order to love your parents, Wife, Brothers, Sisters and children an all other close family members with real love you must love Jesus more. Then there is the leaving of family to go to another country to preach the gospel. My father had to leave his family to obey Jesus who called him to Mexico to give the Gospel.

Giving up your possessions
This means to not let your possessions get a hold of you. We must be willing at anytime to give up possessions if God calls us to. We must not have a possessive attitude towards what we have. But I am to use my possessions for His glory, Therefore they are not mine and I did not acquire them. God allowed me to have it so I can use it for Him. For instance my car. I use i to travel to our Christian school where I teach kids about History and English. I also use my car to pick people up fro church. So I gave my possessions to God for Him to use as He sees fit. As for the internet, Well I am sharing Jesus with you so you will better understand Him. Therefore I have given my internet to Him to tell others about Him.

Love your enemies
We must love our enemies. There are people who get on my nerves and have done things that are wrong to me, But I must still love them and pray for them for I too could cause someone harm. These verses as you can see are not referring to war. They refer to one on one situations. Let u take a rape or a murder. Should I forgive that person, Yes, But they should also have to pay for their consequences which is why God created and supports the government and ha given them authority to carry out justice.

He is worth because he fulfilled all the OT prophecies about the Messiah.
backwardseden

Con

"Why Does Every Intelligent christian disobey Jesus? '
The answer is simple, We are sinners. " Well then that would make you 100% unintelligent. In order for you to sin, You would have to have a god. You nor anyone can prove that there is a god or gods, So you cannot sin. So for you to include me who has a thinking brain, Unlike you and anyone else also, Is a non-working statement. "However, There is a difference between Christians who disobey Him on purpose"" WHAT? Wow, Such an invented puddled in excrement excuse. "and those who fall into temptation. " What temptation? Yours?

"'Jesus was a liar AND he worked on the sabbath. '"
No Matthew 12: 11-12 has 0% of nothing to do with anything in comparison to John 5: 16-18. John 5:17 states "17 But Jesus answered them, My Father worketh hitherto, And I work. " I get it. I really do. You must think that your god, For whatever reason, Is going to work on ---any--- sabbath in which your god never would. So your christ lied. Its either that OR the entire OT is a lie and worthless which simply isn't true. Or its a misprint. That"s probably the best in a book that supposed to be perfect. So it has NOTHING to do with Matthew 12: 11-12. Do try harder and invent better excuses please. So let"s toss out everything you stated which has nothing to do with John 5: 15-18.
Tell you what" you have no idea, None whatsoever as to what you are squawking about and it clearly shows with your invented excuses as you MUST know your god better than he knows himself. So what we are going to do with this debate is put into effect the 3 strike rule and you---are---out! And that"s strike1!

Giving up your family
You completely avoided what your messiah barked out and whined. Who cares about YOUR experiences and what you think has taken place? It has nothing to do with what your facade lacing tentacle mousey lard brain completely insane christ moaned and groaned out to the public. Strike 2.

Giving up your possessions
"This means to not let your possessions get a hold of you. We must be willing at anytime to give up possessions if God calls us to. " There was no mentioning of the word "god" in the verses presented. Strike 3.
GeneralGrant

Pro

I will have to forfeit this round since your rebuttal sounded more like generalizing. I hope in the next round you explain why I am wrong instead of just telling me I am wrong. I took the time to answer coherently I hope you will take that time also.
backwardseden

Con

OK then according to you, You forfeit this debate, Because that's all you did was generalize. You completely failed on all levels to present anything truthful, Knowledgeable, Valuable, Or viable to put into action to counter anything from the first RD. Your personal experiences don't count. Duh. Now if you don't understand that your silly little god and christ as the rules states "Prove that this printed jesus character according to the bible is somehow worthy of being considered as the messiah. " takes precedence above your petty personal experiences then that's entirely your problem.
backwardseden

Con

Such a gargantuan use of a word. Show the world some more of your jesus jujitsu intelligence.
GeneralGrant

Pro

GeneralGrant forfeited this round.
backwardseden

Con

backwardseden forfeited this round.
GeneralGrant

Pro

GeneralGrant forfeited this round.
Posted by politicsfortherun 3 years ago
politicsfortherun
@backwardseden he"s not the single 57 year old. At least we can control our words
Posted by DeletedUser 3 years ago
DeletedUser
Your right
Posted by Country-of-dummies 3 years ago
Country-of-dummies
@Dr. Franklin. . . I just got into another debate with @backwardseden. . . The exact same debate as this. Interesting and curious that someone who hates the Bible and God and Jesus so much spends so much time in the Bible itself. . . Boredom?
Posted by DeletedUser 3 years ago
DeletedUser
wow, Did you seriously call me a pedophile? You are a sick man
Posted by backwardseden 3 years ago
backwardseden
NO you can't accept because I blocked a pedophile like you who favors Donald Rabid Rabbi Trump, The worst president of all time, Who not once has ---ever--- admitted to making one single mistake during his circumcision tenure in the big white barn. Even you are are not stupid enough to realize that fault. Nah. Its so much fun to poke fun and make fun of a ghost of needlepoint like you who has no genuine friends or loved ones.
Posted by DeletedUser 3 years ago
DeletedUser
I can't accept because i don't meet your "age range"