2far4u2CharlesDarwin
Penrose_stairs

Wisdom the unconditional love of philosophy STOP sign.

Penrose_stairs

2far4u2CharlesDarwin

Pro

I love myself, I think am grand, when I'm all alone I hold my hand. I think one day I'll marry me and try and raise a family.

Let us debate about what this actually means. As there are many. Maybe we might just find a few more. dito
Penrose_stairs

Con

You can't raise a family by yourself, it;s much better to have 2 people raising a family.
There are unconditional love in the world. If a person is in love, he/she would sacrifice everything for the lover. If not, that's not love.
2far4u2CharlesDarwin

Pro

I love myself; Don't you need to before you can love another or at least be your own friend as to like yourself. As I like to feel pretty inside.

I am so grand, when I'm alone I hold my hand; I comfort myself in hardship when no one else does or can. As when I go to sleep
and awake I like who I am.

I think one day I'll marry me and try and raise a family; look for someone that has the same sort of interests and we both try and raise a family together.

What do you think of that interpretation?
Penrose_stairs

Con

Are you a narcissist? Why do you think that you are grand?

You mentioned that you will marry yourself, but then you said that you will look for someone to raise a family together. That means you understand that you do need to love and marry someone, and raise a family with him/her, but you try to deny that.

Maybe you think that you are the best person in the world. Perhaps you want to tell the world how great you are, but you can't love yourself. According to Cambridge dictionary, love means to like another adult very much and be romantically and sexually attracted to them, or to have strong feelings of liking a friend or person in your family, or to like something very much. You are yourself, not someone else, not an object. So it is wrong to say that you love yourself. You can't love yourself.
2far4u2CharlesDarwin

Pro

You have no or very little ability to have a lateral mind as your logic is to see this as poem as literal. Maybe if you look in comments you just might learn something from another as all I can see here is an attack upon my character and an inability to generalize methodologically to comprehend laterally the rationalization of this poetic conundrum.
Penrose_stairs

Con

You can like yourself, but you can't live yourself, because the word love is for other people or objects that you feel strongly about. This is the definition of the word, which cannot be denied.
2far4u2CharlesDarwin

Pro

Another adaptation of a loveless life is a pointless life.

First verse. I love myself, I think am grand, when I'm all alone I hold my hand.
Second verse. I think one day I'll marry me and try and raise a family.
Penrose_stairs

Con

You mentioned that a loveless life is a pointless life. But it does not means that you can love yourself. The word love is for others, not yourself.
2far4u2CharlesDarwin

Pro

Vain, ego is not vanity as it is what men shave in and some women put on there outside mask, love is a need and lust are wants. Narcissist and self loathing have nothing to offer another but sorrow.

What is a friend I ask myself, well a friend isn't much by them self because one friend would get tired and worn out.
So a friend is someone that can be there own friend first off. A friend knows that their own health be it there mental health our there physical health or even there spiritual health is a burden of responsibility.
Just like any other position of authority. So maybe a friend is someone that just knows this and does what they can to live up to it as best they can.

Love exists to love another. http://www.thesaurus.com...
Penrose_stairs

Con

Friends are people, they have their ow feelings and emotion, that's why they can understand your feelings.
You can't marry yourself, you need another person to raise a family with you.
Having self confidence is definitely a good thing, but there is no prefect person in the world, everything has his/her strength and weaknesses. Marrying someone means that you and your wife/husband can cooperate together in raising a family, and learn from each other's strength.
Not everyone can comfort themselves in hardships. Sometimes we do need others to help us, as our ability is limited, having more people to help means greater chance to solve the problem.
Posted by 2far4u2CharlesDarwin 3 years ago
2far4u2CharlesDarwin
RMTheSupreme has outdone himself once again with an outstanding ability to do as stupid is as stupid does.
Posted by canis 3 years ago
canis
Stop..Sign...Is a tool.
Posted by canis 3 years ago
canis
Wisdom is not a tool..Everything else is..
Vote Placed by RMTheSupreme 3 years ago
RMTheSupreme
2far4u2CharlesDarwinPenrose_stairsTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro never ever, the entire debate, addresses the resolution and cries about being 'attacked' because Con is saying that Pro loving himself/herself is unviable BUT PRO LOVING HIMSELF/HERSELF WASN'T EVEN THE RESOLUTION?