Purushadasa
verh0fstadt

Without God, There Could Be No Objective Morality

Purushadasa has forfeited round #3.
Updated: 1 year ago Status: Debating Period

Purushadasa

Pro

Without God,
there could be no objective standard
by which to hold anyone accountable for anything;
therefore without God there could be no objective morality.
verh0fstadt

Con

This is wrong. Systems of punishment were well integrated into society and there was a sense of "justice" - infact, the Romans had the Corpus Juris, which lasted for hundreds of years and was an inspiration for all.

It is true that in the Bible, there are the Ten Commandments - which have worked to assist our foundation of law - but the truth is that most of these commandments, save for "do not worship false idols", and other insignificant and irrelevant commandments were not the prime mover or an initial source for the eventual development of the legal system across Christendom and the world. Even Constantine, who was the first Roman Christian, did not fully implement the commands of God - and we do not do it today, nor do Christians, because then they wouldn't eat shellfish, as is commanded in the New Testament.

There was objective morality developed by the Romans and the Greeks which eventually became more civilised and less backwards - but God didn't help this.
Purushadasa

Pro

Thank you all for so many kind and intelligent posts.

My engagement on this site was intended, from the beginning, to be a nothing more than a temporary experiment.

I didn't know specifically when it was going to end, until this evening: My girlfriend, Bhaktin Caroline, said something to me that inspired me to make tonight the end of the experiment.

Bhaktin Caroline matters much, much more than this website.

If you are still feeling overly attached after I leave, I apologize, but I will still be leaving nonetheless: I won't be engaging in any further debates, arguments, or conversations on this site, and nor will I be reading any further posts uploaded by its kind and intelligent members -- starting now.

You can argue amongst yourselves, from now on.

Good-bye! =)
verh0fstadt

Con

Gl hf, I suppose.
Posted by Purushadasa 1 year ago
Purushadasa

Good-bye! =)
Posted by NDECD1441 1 year ago
NDECD1441
Without god, you wouldn't exist...
lets kill god....
Posted by Purushadasa 1 year ago
Purushadasa
Without God, genocide could not be objectively wrong.
Posted by backwardseden 1 year ago
backwardseden
god has no morality. He's committed countless genocides for absolutely no reason when he could have brought in an era of peace, Indeed god is far far far worse than Hitler, Mao, Pol Pot, Stalin, Hong Xiuquan combined. Here's some examples... 3,000 EX 32:27-28, 14,700 NU 16:49, 24,002 NU 25: 1-11, 12,000 JOS 8: 1-25, 10,000 JG 1:4, 120,000 JG 8:7-10, 42,000 JG 12:3-6, 1,000 JD 15:14-15, 3,000 JD 16:27-30, 25,101 JD 16:27-30, 1 SAM 4 34,002, 1 SAM 6:19 50,070, 2 SAM 8 65,850, 1 KI 20: 28-29 100,000, 1 KI 20: 30 27,000, KI 19 35 -37 185,000, 2 CHR 13 17-18 500,000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, 2 CHR 28:6 120,000, Esther 9:5-18 75,813 etc etc etc Yeah god is really so moral huh? There"s no such a thing as "love" within any genocide.
Posted by Purushadasa 1 year ago
Purushadasa
Everyone knows the fact that morality is objective.
Posted by NDECD1441 1 year ago
NDECD1441
Oh yeah... that would be a good one
Posted by Commondebator 1 year ago
Commondebator
A better debate would be whether morality is even objective in the first place.
Posted by NDECD1441 1 year ago
NDECD1441
And before you say it, if you do anything with that boot, dont regret it when I stuff it down you mouth then into YOUR turd-stuffed backside.
Posted by NDECD1441 1 year ago
NDECD1441
And god could never exist without objective wrong and right. Face it, both dont exist.
Posted by Purushadasa 1 year ago
Purushadasa
True, and neither objective right nor objective wrong could exist without God.