Purushadasa
verh0fstadt

Without God, There Could Be No Objective Morality

Purushadasa has forfeited round #3.
Updated: 3 years ago Status: Debating Period

Purushadasa

Pro

Without God,
there could be no objective standard
by which to hold anyone accountable for anything;
therefore without God there could be no objective morality.
verh0fstadt

Con

This is wrong. Systems of punishment were well integrated into society and there was a sense of "justice" - infact, the Romans had the Corpus Juris, which lasted for hundreds of years and was an inspiration for all.

It is true that in the Bible, there are the Ten Commandments - which have worked to assist our foundation of law - but the truth is that most of these commandments, save for "do not worship false idols", and other insignificant and irrelevant commandments were not the prime mover or an initial source for the eventual development of the legal system across Christendom and the world. Even Constantine, who was the first Roman Christian, did not fully implement the commands of God - and we do not do it today, nor do Christians, because then they wouldn't eat shellfish, as is commanded in the New Testament.

There was objective morality developed by the Romans and the Greeks which eventually became more civilised and less backwards - but God didn't help this.
Purushadasa

Pro

Thank you all for so many kind and intelligent posts.

My engagement on this site was intended, from the beginning, to be a nothing more than a temporary experiment.

I didn't know specifically when it was going to end, until this evening: My girlfriend, Bhaktin Caroline, said something to me that inspired me to make tonight the end of the experiment.

Bhaktin Caroline matters much, much more than this website.

If you are still feeling overly attached after I leave, I apologize, but I will still be leaving nonetheless: I won't be engaging in any further debates, arguments, or conversations on this site, and nor will I be reading any further posts uploaded by its kind and intelligent members -- starting now.

You can argue amongst yourselves, from now on.

Good-bye! =)
verh0fstadt

Con

Gl hf, I suppose.
Posted by DeletedUser 3 years ago
DeletedUser
wrong cant exist without right
Posted by Purushadasa 3 years ago
Purushadasa
The belief in atheist Dogma is your religion.
Posted by DeletedUser 3 years ago
DeletedUser
religion is religion
Posted by canis 3 years ago
canis
My point...
There is no objective moralety..Well Darwinism...The survival of what can survive at the moment..
Posted by Purushadasa 3 years ago
Purushadasa
No objective morality? Really?

So, if I jam my size 11 boot, without any provocation, so far up your turd-stuffed backside that it reverses your gastric sleeve, that's not objectively wrong? Okay -- I'll remember that in case we ever meet in person, you ignorant douchebag. LOL SMH =)

We are done here.
Posted by canis 3 years ago
canis
Posted by Purushadasa 3 years ago
Purushadasa
No objective morality? Really?

Posted by canis 3 years ago
canis
Posted by Purushadasa 3 years ago
Purushadasa
Someone wrote:

" I generally enjoy debating about matters of religion."

This debate is not about religion.
Posted by Biancardi 3 years ago
Biancardi
If no one else has accepted this debate by the time we finish our current debate, I think I might take you up on this challenge. I generally enjoy debating about matters of religion.