Purushadasa
Youraverageunicorn

Without God, You Can't Know That You're Not in the "Matrix"

Youraverageunicorn has forfeited round #2.
Updated: 3 years ago Status: Debating Period

Purushadasa

Pro

IN A MATRIX OR COMPUTER PROGRAM:
That conundrum only applies to the believer in atheist Dogma:
We Theists know for certain that we are not in computer programs,
but the believer in atheist Dogma has no way of knowing that
on his crippled atheistic worldview. Very sad!
Youraverageunicorn

Con

I accept. My position will be known for the following definition:

Humans do not need god to know if they are in the Matrix
Purushadasa

Pro

You didn't provide any evidence for your claim, so you lost the debate -- thanks for your time! =)
Posted by DeletedUser 3 years ago
DeletedUser
Purushadasa, you never brought forth any positive evidence for your positive claim, merely asserting that "theists know for certain that they aren't in a computer program." Whatever is asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence. The burden of proof is on you to prove your position, not to say that

Both of you were in the acceptance round, stating your positions, so that you don't talk past each other, not your opening statements. You often state you have won before your opponent has argued their case, or before they could even present their case in the first place. And you constantly use ad hominem attacks against your opponents, as in your debate about the ignorance of atheists where you compared atheists to defecating babies and lower animals. May I suggest you actually look at some debates and try to emulate those, and not fill the intellectual arena with bluster, bombast, and bullying.

Aforementioned Debate
http://www.debate.org...
Posted by Purushadasa 3 years ago
Purushadasa
We are done here. You lost the debate, Princess.

Bye!
Posted by Purushadasa 3 years ago
Purushadasa
Still waiting for evidence for your position: Tick, tock....
Posted by Youraverageunicorn 3 years ago
Youraverageunicorn
you didn't have any evidence either!!! this was an acceptance round!! I don't mean to blow up but what's wrong with you?! if you don't know how to set up a debate or EVEN debate, leave this site! no one else wants you wasting their time when they know how to actually debate.
Youraverageunicorn
you are helping me. But only so I know what I am debating. You arent helping me with my evidence, just to clarify my role in this and what you are doing. If you do not enjoy this, I can gladly leave this debate.
Posted by Purushadasa 3 years ago
Purushadasa
Also, technically speaking, I don't think that I'm supposed to be helping you! =)
Youraverageunicorn
for the first round I accept the debate since it seemed like in the first round you were explaining what you stand for. So I will just accept and you can start your first argument.
Posted by Purushadasa 3 years ago
Purushadasa
To tell you the truth, I'm new here myself, so I don't know what to tell you in response to that question.
Youraverageunicorn
okay, thanks. I just needed clarification for my position. is the first round acceptance?
Posted by Purushadasa 3 years ago
Purushadasa
Oops -- just checked -- you are actually 13.

Okay, sorry for the age comment....

My position, as the Pro side, is "Without God, You Can't Know That You're Not in the "Matrix.""

Yours, as the Con side, would be something along these lines: "Without God, You Can Know That You're Not in the "Matrix.""

Your mission would be to prove your side with some evidence for your Con statement (a fact that some of the knuckleheads who have accepted my other challenges on here don't seem to comprehend).

Make sense? =)