Glofeminist00
omar2345

Women Are just As Good As Men

omar2345

Glofeminist00

Pro

I have seen many arguments on this website where people are saying things like:
"Women are lazy. "
"Women are not smart. "
"Women are not hard - workers. "

I strongly disagree.

What about Mother Teresa?
Marie Curie?
Harriet Tubman, Rosa Parks, Susan B. Anthony, Helen Keller, Clara Barton?

Are people saying that these amazing women and many more are dumb, Lazy crybabies?

People are messed up. I'm messed up, You are messed up. But NO ONE, And I mean NO ONE is more messed up that people who say that girls can't.
Because they can. They can do everything that men can. EVERYTHING. Well, I mean, A few things, But only because they don't have the same bodies as men.

Because girls can and they will.

Come on, Bring on the HATE!
omar2345

Con

From the arguments you have seen. Provide evidence so that I can state my stance on them.

If it was literal I would disagree to. Lumping all women is not a fair way of treating women. They should be judged individually.

Mother Teresa? - She was a religious woman who used her popularity to spread the word of Christianity. I don't mind it but when it takes precident over caring for the sick then I have the problem. She is more worried about if they join her religion while they are on the deathbed instead of saving them.

Marie Cuire? - Don't know a lot about her so can you care to elaborate on why she is as good as men?

Let's stick to two. So that It does not become a lot of writing for me to rebut to and for you to portary your stance.

"They can do everything that men can"- How about touching their penis? Yes I know you did point it out that there are circumstances that they are different but you stated an absolute statement and contradicted it.

Because girls can and they wil- Be more specific

Come on, Bring on the HATE! - I don't hate you.

Basically provide more detail in your points and say how Women are just as good as men. So that the title is not misleading.

Source: https://www. Youtube. Com/watch? V=2uxtcy4FpN8 (Mother Teresa part- delete gaps if there are any in the URL)

Glofeminist00

Pro

Mother Teresa was one of the best women in the whole world. You stated that "she used her popularity to spread the word of Christianity. " Well, If this is true, Then how did she become famous? Caring for the sick, Orphaned, Widowed, And so much more. You also said that she is more worried about them joining her religion than saving them on their deathbed. Well, It doesn't matter so much if they get cured because they are going to die anyways. That may sound cruel, But its really not. What's cruel is letting them live without knowing God just so they can die and go to Hell. If they are saved, Then they go to Heaven when they die and live for all eternity.

Marie Curie was the first women EVER to win a Nobel Peace Prize. People never thought that a woman could win a Peace Prize, But Marie proved men wrong. She was also the first person- not man, Just person- ever to win the Prize twice. She was a very famous chemist.

I don't need to be specific about my statement. It means exactly what it says.

Girls can do what men can do and they will do what men can do if they put their mind to it.

Except, Of course. Touch their penis.

Obviously.
omar2345

Con

I am going to use the same source again. Please view it to understand what Mother Teresa was actually like.
Source: https://www. Youtube. Com/watch? V=2uxtcy4FpN8

Well, If this is true, Then how did she become famous? - It was mainly people misleading on what she actually does. Instead of directly care for the sick she makes sure they become a Christian before they die. Who were the misleading people you might ask? Christians. Not all but enough to mislead people on what actually was going on.

Caring for the sick, Orphaned, Widowed, And so much more- Define these words and watch the video. It states that the working condition were awful. How could you care for the sick while working in bad safety conditions?

Well, It doesn't matter so much if they get cured because they are going to die anyways. - Do you know getting cured stops them from dying. Instead of caring for the sick she used her popularity to change people's faith. Whether or not you believe in it she did not save the patients because they die and some that do live which wasn't because of Mother Teresa. She is first a Christian then a Doctor.

What's cruel is letting them live without knowing God just so they can die and go to Hell. - Found out you believe in God. She did not save them if they are dead. Can you prove the existence of the afterlife? I am sure I can prove the dead that Mother Teresa neglected to save.

Marie Curie was the first women EVER to win a Nobel Peace Prize- Is this really it? What did she invent? That is more important then winning a Noble Peace Prize.

She was a very famous chemist. - It is good and all being a chemist but is that all she did. Did she invent anything or find any new discoveries?

Girls can do what men can do and they will do what men can do if they put their mind to it. - I thought this was about women not girls. Men and women are different. The source below what men cannot do and what women cannot do. Men and women have different brains. Men produce 20 to 30 times more testosterone then women. To name a few. Look through the source to find more but I think I have given you enough examples why men and women are different.

Women cannot do what men can do and men cannot do what women do. One example is giving birthing another example is ejaculating.

Women Are just As Good As Men- Can you define Good? I am getting two different examples of it. One is it is good to be a religious fanatic. It is also good to win the Nobel Peace Prize. I rather know what she actually did then what she won.

Source: https://www. Scienceofpeople. Com/gender-differences/

Glofeminist00

Pro

You said: "It was mainly people misleading on what she actually does" - So, Millions of people mislead on what she actually did, Yet, No one (besides this guy) could figure out what she was actually doing? Everything she was doing was wrong, Yet she was dubbed a "saint"? Explain this to me.

You asked me to define the words above; here they are:

Caring for the sick: Helping the sick get well. It means exactly what it says.
orphaned: those without parents.
widowed: a women who's husband has died.

You said : Do you know that curing people stops them from dying? No, It does not stop them from dying, It merely postpones them from dying. Everyone will die sooner or later. She IS first a Christian then a doctor. That is correct!

You said: She did not save them if they are dead. Define "save". Save, As in, Save their life, Or "save" as in, Save their soul? If she did not save their lives, Then she certainly saved their souls.

You said: What she invented is more important than winning the Nobel Peace Prize. Does it really matter what she invented if she was the first woman ever to win it? This is about men and women being equal, Not about Marie Curie.

You said: Men and women are different. I totally agree! They are in everyway different! I never said that they were the same, I only stated that they can do what men can do.

Again, This is about men and women being equal, Not about Mother Teresa and others.
Men and women are different. And when I say they are the same, I know and you probably do too, That I don't mean things like bodily stuff, Like, Birthing babies. I mean they can play sports like men. They can be just as tough as men. They can carry heavy things, Be just as smart, And just as hard-working as men. They can also be just as lazy and stupid as men! I am in no way saying that men and women are the same, Or that women are better than men.

About proving the existence of the afterlife, That will be another debate. Please join me then. :)

BTW, You've been very fun to debate with! It made me think :)
omar2345

Con

Yet she was dubbed a "saint"? Explain this to me. - She was called a Saint by Pope Francis. If she was not a Chrisitian she would not have been deemed a saint.

You asked me to define the words above; here they are:- Didn't I say define good? Without defining it I don't know what you mean when you say women are just as good as men. The ones you did define were self expalantory. Did not definition like the subjective word good.

No, It does not stop them from dying, It merely postpones them from dying. Everyone will die sooner or later. - So doctors should not help the sick. We should allow anyone with a serious injury die because they are going to die eventually. The logical conclusion would be when someone gets injured that is enough reason to kill them off because they are going to die anyway.

She IS first a Christian then a doctor. That is correct! - How is this a good thing? When treating for the sick modern day Christians try to save their patients instead of telling them to change their faith. The doctor has a duty of care to his patient. Mother Teresa is a bad doctor.

Save their life- This is what I meant. It has not been proven people has souls. Where is the soul? The heart if so nothing can detect it which as far as science knows we do not have a soul. Souls are not proven to be real and you had to prove it existed for Mother Teresa to even save it.

This is about men and women being equal, Not about Marie Curie- So the individual does not matter? It does not matter what discovries she had or what she had invented it only matters if shows that women can finally win Nobel Peace Prize. This is about the women and men not indviduals but you just used Marie Curies to point out the first woman to win a NPP. If women were as good as men and how many NPP's have they won compared to men? It does not come close so they are not equal in the quantity side.

I mean they can play sports like men. - Lebron James vs the best female basketball player. Lebron James would win. Why do you think they have seperated games? Because men have more testoerone, On average have a higher muslce etc. If they they played sports like men why aren't they playing with men?

They can be just as tough as men. -Muscle mass is higher on men. researchers determined that men had an average of 72. 6 pounds of muscle compared to the 46. 2 pounds found in women. - from the source
Source:https://www. Livestrong. Com/article/246036-how-much-more-muscle-mass-does-a-male-have-than-a-female/

About proving the existence of the afterlife, That will be another debate. Please join me then. :)- Okay but you did use souls as your argument so you had to justify using souls but you didn't.

BTW, You've been very fun to debate with! It made me think :)- Don't worry about it.

Posted by rg8check 3 years ago
rg8check
Um, Marie Curie never won a Nobel Peace Prize. She did win the Nobel prize in Chemistry and Physics, One of only two people to ever win two Nobel Prizes. I agree with the affirmative: women in general are as good as men in general. However, The choice of the pro to focus on certain people meant that the arguments did not support the assertion. Instead, The pro was defending the idea that certain women are as good or better than certain men, Which is slightly different from the topic of the debate. I agree with the pro, But I have to say that the con won the debate.
Posted by DeletedUser 3 years ago
DeletedUser
@ missmedic so when u say a pain in the a** do u literally mean u got f*cked in the asz by a man and it hurt?
Posted by Leaning 3 years ago
Leaning
RFD
I think a large problem of this debate was that Pro resolution was vague. Also resolution was directional. So I am rather sure that Burden of Proof was on Pro. Which Pro failed in this debate to clearly prove.

Bit of a problem for Con I think was wasting time debating the merits of individuals, Seeing on how there are countless 'great women in history. Unless it was a diversion tactic on Cons part to distract Pro from building a case on the merits of women, If that was a case, Truly genius, Though a bit sidestepping, Though I don't 'think that was his intention.

It also took Pro some time to better define the goal/resolution she was aiming for with her arguments. Con was able to make some arguments that pointed out areas in which men had on average superior physical ability. Something men are good-er are than women, 'on average. If Pro had pointed out areas that women on average excelled men, She could have canceled out Cons point. So in summation I vote Con.
Posted by Leaning 3 years ago
Leaning
The below is just me talking out loud to myself in public

I think the best argument Pro could have used was that men and women are both human. That neither one has some unpassable ability compared to the other, Even if one gender or the other is able to preform certain feats better on average. Talented or determined individuals from either gender are able to achieve great prominence in fields that the other gender may be on average better at. Due to this they are relatively equal. A person can easily imagine a nation made up only of men or a nation made up only of women. The two each filling all the jobs capably in their own countries without assistance. Except getting new people.

Hmm, What's a good analogy? A claw hammer in general is equal to an axe hammer? Sure men have 'on average higher physical capability and certain body parts. Women I've read have greater flexibility as well as certain body parts. Guy can't give birth and from what I've read it's harder 'on average for a female in the military than a male. Let's say grunt military as in carrying heavy back and knee breaking packs and sleeping in muddy foxholes for weeks on end.

Women 'can still serve in the military, And there are many women who are physically gifted more than some men, Or women who train to be quite stronger than men. Again, The 'on average problem is there, But doesn't really matter. Hmm, Why doesn't it matter? Ah, That's it. It would not be reasonable to tell a women that she 'could not enter the military or that she could not play football. It just might require more work, Unless incredibly gifted.

By the way a good argument for Con could be if someone was recruiting a team for some physically demanding sport, Would they in general choose more women or men? The fact that on average men are stronger, Deflates the argument. Which he kind of did do.
Posted by missmedic 3 years ago
missmedic
Pick one, Generalize or individualise, But you can't argue both. Some individuals will be better then other individuals regardless of their gender. So you can't say " It all depends on the person" because you asked a generalized question which reduces you argument to an opinion. So in my expert opinion women are better then men generally speaking.
Posted by Glofeminist00 3 years ago
Glofeminist00
Shavo,
I was not getting emotional, Merely stating my beliefs in a noticeable way. I am pointing out specific people as examples of great women. To say "all the women that I know are great! " would be an unreasonable way of arguing, Considering the fact that you do not know all the people that I know. You do infact, (hopefully) know who Mother Teresa is. I'm sure you will agree with me, If you know who she is.

Missmedic,
Women are not better than men. They are equal. That is the point of my debate. Yes, Some men are a pain in the "azz", But I have met many women who are as well. It all depends on the person.

Thoht,
I did not cite Mother Teresa as a good example of a person. I cited her as an example of a good person.
Posted by Shavo 3 years ago
Shavo
I'd advice you not to point out specific people (because you said "women" and "men")
Therefore women as a whole and men as a whole

Also, Don't get emotional.
This is a debate. The whole point of a debate is for someone to disagree with you.
To say they are "more messed up" is pretty insulting. *minus conduct points*
Posted by missmedic 3 years ago
missmedic
Having tried both I can say women are better, Men are a pain in the azz.
Posted by Thoht 3 years ago
Thoht
I'd like to take this moment to strongly advise Pro not to try to cite Mother Teresa as a good example of a person.
Vote Placed by Leaning 3 years ago
Leaning
Glofeminist00omar2345Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Sea Reason in Comments