Republicrat20
Adrian14

Women are equal to Men

Republicrat20

Republicrat20

Pro

Hey fellow debaters. I am searching for an opponent to take the Con side that Women are equal to Men.

You don't necessarily have to argue that Women are inferior. If you have the opinion that women are Superior to men you are more than welcome to argue from that standpoint if you feel.

This debate will consist of 4 rounds.

Round 1 will be Acceptance/greeting. You can also put here anything you want to clarify such as from which standpoint you will have. Please do not put any arguments in this round.

Round 2- Opening argument

Round 3- Rebuttals

Round 4- Closing arguments

I look forward to this debate! Thank you!
Adrian14

Con

i accept. I believe that women are equal to men in terms of values, But I believe that God has called men and women to serve different purposes in life. I am assuming that you are arguing that men and women should have equal purposes and values but if you aren't, Just let me know.
Republicrat20

Pro

My argument is that women should be equal to men in every aspect of life in today's society. Women should be seen as equal in the workplace, In our educational systems, In our prisons, In our military, And especially in our households. It immoral to say that women cannot do the same things as men.

A woman should be equal to a man in the workplace. In today's world, Women make up nearly half of the workforce. However, In 2017, Female full-time, Year-round workers made only 80. 5 cents for every dollar earned by men, A gender wage gap of 20 percent. It is wrong that someone with the same qualifications and same experience makes considerably less than another person, Simply because of their gender.

Women should be seen as equal in our educational systems. A woman should have the exact same opportunity at scholarships, Grants, And advancing in higher education. Fortunately, We live in a day women are excelling in education every day. There are more women graduating from college now than ever before.

It was 1976 before the first group of women were accepted into the military. However, It wasn't until 2013 women were allowed to fight in front-line combat. As of 2016, Women can have any job as a man in the armed forces. While I am thrilled women are finally being seen as equal in society, Many still stay that women have no place in combat.

Last but not least women should be seen equal in the household. There is still a popular opinion that a woman should be responsible for household chores and caring for the children. However, Men and women should divide these responsibilities equally. I also don't believe the man should have to the primary "breadwinner" Financial responsibility should be on the woman just as much as it is the men. It is wrong to teach children that women should be submissive to their husbands and are meant to be nothing but child bearers and dishwashers. Imagine the message that sends to young girls!

Women have faced such resistance to the fight to be seen as equal. While we have come such a long way in 100 years we still face sexual harrassment, Assault, And discrimination.
If you believe women should not be equal to men, You are not much better than those who commit these atrocities.
Adrian14

Con

Adrian14 forfeited this round.
Republicrat20

Pro

Considering my opponent forfeited this round I cannot form a rebuttal. I would like to give them the opportunity to post arguments in this round and I will put both rebuttal/closing arguments in round four.
Thank you!
Adrian14

Con

Adrian14 forfeited this round.
Republicrat20

Pro

As it stands, My argument is that Women should be treated equal to men in every aspect of life.

Women often face discrimination and harrassment in the workplace, In our military, And even in the household. The only way to change this is each individual must determine to see everyone as equal and stand up to those who do not!

I am disappointed that my opponent didn't find this debate interesting enough to follow through. Due to his multiple forfeits, I ask that you guys give your vote to me!

Have a wonderful day and Merry Christmas!
Adrian14

Con

Adrian14 forfeited this round.
Posted by omar2345 3 years ago
omar2345
The irony in that is that Serena Williams lost to a number 203rd man. Meaning the best women's tennis player can't even beat the 203rd best male tennis player.
Posted by Republicrat20 3 years ago
Republicrat20
@OisinMullarkey okay! Sounds like a plan. I would like to tweek the title a little bit because it is a bit misleading.
I also disagree with what you said about women and the whole physical strength thing. A woman can be every bit as to strong/tough as a man. Think about Serena Williams in comparison to Sheldon Cooper. . . As long as a woman can perform the tasks, She should be able to do the job.
Posted by OisinMullarkey 3 years ago
OisinMullarkey
The only real counter arguments I can make to your position are in terms of military combat or any work that requires excessive and physical labor, I believe that in order to justify employment of women in these types of careers a woman must be able to keep up with men in the same occupation. I also would like some sources for your statistics because while I'm knowledgeable about the subject many sources give off statistics that don't actually represent the reality of the situation, Many sources don't take into account qualification, Hours worked etc. . I'd be willing to take up this debate if you're willing to repost it.
Posted by omar2345 3 years ago
omar2345
Pro said: "If you believe women should not be equal to men, You are not much better than those who commit these atrocities. "

I don't think you should see it as that. Most people are misinformed or lack the capacity to know what they are saying is wrong. Labelling something like a sexist does not help the person understand. Instead find flaws in the arguments and hope the person understands.
Posted by omar2345 3 years ago
omar2345
Pro Said: "Women have faced such resistance to the fight to be seen as equal. While we have come such a long way in 100 years we still face sexual harrassment, Assault, And discrimination. "

I would like examples if you can give any. Most recently you could point to the Women's March being cancelled in Obama's hometown but that was not based on sexism. It would based on controversy that people in there group are massive anti Semitics. Proof has been shown that they do believe that Jews are white supremacists.

Source: https://www. Dailywire. Com/news/39657/womens-march-leader-yeah-jews-are-white-hank-berrien
Posted by omar2345 3 years ago
omar2345
Pro said:"I also don't believe the man should have to the primary "breadwinner" Financial responsibility should be on the woman just as much as it is the men. It is wrong to teach children that women should be submissive to their husbands and are meant to be nothing but child bearers and dishwashers. Imagine the message that sends to young girls! "

It should be on a case by case basis. Example: A woman does not want a job instead wants to be a housewife. The man makes all the money to maintain the structure. Another family where both man and woman are making money. When the woman does become pregnant the man would require to increase his hours or have money saved up to make sure they can pay the bill and other stuff they buy.

Two examples but have pointed to two differences. The message should be you can be whatever you want to be when you are older. This allows the child to think of a life she wants to live and go from there. If she wants to have family that is it. That is okay. If she want to be a UFC fighter. That is also okay but she must know what she is getting into. Housewife: No real job opportunities. UFC: Head injury and most likely would have to pick with either carrying on being a UFC fighter or retire and become a mother.
Posted by omar2345 3 years ago
omar2345
Pro said: "Last but not least women should be seen equal in the household. There is still a popular opinion that a woman should be responsible for household chores and caring for the children. However, Men and women should divide these responsibilities equally. "

Solution I think you would be going for is the government forcing this. I would say that is bad because giving the government too much power leaves a lot for corruption. Instead it should be left with the couple on who decides to do what in the household. If the women wants to do all the housework she can. We should not be against it. I think you think that society forces this on women. I would disagree. Women tend to be in the house more often so it is more likely they would do it. Might be because the women is pregnant or she is a housewife. Nothing wrong with being either and nothing wrong with diving the housework equally. It should just be a private matter not forced upon by the government.
Posted by omar2345 3 years ago
omar2345
Pro said: "1976 before the first group of women were accepted into the military. However, It wasn't until 2013 women were allowed to fight in front-line combat. As of 2016, Women can have any job as a man in the armed forces. While I am thrilled women are finally being seen as equal in society, Many still stay that women have no place in combat. "

The problem with this is that the military is more demanding physically. On average men are more stronger than women. We should not lower the bar of entry for women because then it would be unfair for the men and women that can join the military without it being easier to complete who would feel cheated and rightly so. Another problem is that the training is there for a reason. If you cannot do it you should not be in the military. If we lower the bar we have weaker troops thus weaker defences to protect the west. So generally a bad idea to reduce the bar of entry for women. Women having no place in combat is an opinion so I don't see what I need to rebut from that. If what you are saying about women not being able to be in the military is right. That is wrong. They should be allowed to go through what men do so that they can have equal opportunities.
Posted by omar2345 3 years ago
omar2345
Pro said:"Fortunately, We live in a day women are excelling in education every day. There are more women graduating from college now than ever before. "

It has flipped. Women are doing better in schools then men. Evidence: https://nces. Ed. Gov/fastfacts/display. Asp? Id=72

Across the board women of every race earn more degrees then men of the same race. If you want equality then Universities should discriminate so that for each women there is a man in the same course. I would say it is unfair to even ask for equality in education. If men are unfairly discriminated that should be resolved but we should not force a quota for courses generally only women want to do or men want to do. Example: women would most likely pick the feminism course. Men most likely would pick a sports course.
Posted by omar2345 3 years ago
omar2345
Pro said: "In 2017, Female full-time, Year-round workers made only 80. 5 cents for every dollar earned by men, A gender wage gap of 20 percent. It is wrong that someone with the same qualifications and same experience makes considerably less than another person, Simply because of their gender. "

The problem with this is that women and men do not work the same jobs and work the same hours. I think most likely the figure you brought up is with all jobs men and women occupy. Equality in that department would require discrimination and having a quota like 1 woman for each man in the workforce. Instead of being about merit it is instead determined by sex. If someone is working the same job, Same hours and has been with the company the same amount of time but the woman is getting paid less she should take the company to court. Most likely the man asked for the raise but the woman did not. If that is the case the woman should ask for a raise and point to the man to say on merit we are both the same in value for the company and I am entitled to same pay as he is. It is only fair or something like that in a more formal and polite way.
Vote Placed by omar2345 3 years ago
omar2345
Republicrat20Adrian14Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro was the only one to give arguments. Con forfeited. Given this Pro did make the only arguments and did not forfeit so Pro wins most convincing arguments and conduct vote. Analysis of Pro's arguments in the comment section.