FanboyMctroll
AIRhino

Work is for slaves and overachievers

AIRhino

FanboyMctroll

Pro

For thousands of years work has always been performed by slaves or overachievers that just love to go to work because they have nothing else in their lives, No hobbies, No interests so work is the only thing they know.

Work is a redundant task that your boss doesn't want to do so he has you do it for the rest of your life or until you find another job doing another redundant task. Slaves need to do it to eat and survive and overachievers do it because they have nothing else in their lives and without it they would not survive without boredom. (pathetic)

I say work is just a waste of time, There are so many things in the world to do and see who has time for work, I want to travel more, Read good books, Visit family more, Hang with friends more, Let the slaves and overachievers run the economy
AIRhino

Con

So, A. I'm assuming that you're unemployed, And B. You're living and breathing on taxpayer money. People who work inevitably get taxed by the government and the government pays you because you're too proud to work. That, Or you still live with your family and your family is paying for your food, Showers, Living expenses, And your schooling.
FanboyMctroll

Pro

I already made my money
Work is for people who have no lives outside of it, No hobbies, No interests, No bigger dreams. Unfortunately most people need to eat and have shelter and all the other basic necessities of life so they have to be slaves to their jobs. How many people actually enjoy their jobs, 10%? Maybe, And those 10% are the overachievers. Are you seriously going to tell me you would rather get up early out of bed and go to work rather then spend a nice morning with your family, Maybe go for a nice drive, Play some sports, Travel, Pick up a new hobby, Maybe tinker around in your wood shop or work on an old car, Or just go hang out with friends, Maybe see a movie, Do some shopping, Or just sit back in the backyard and read a good book.

Only overachievers go to work because they have nothing better in their lives, And can't spare a minute to sit back and actually enjoy their lives, Smell the fresh air, That's ok they are usually dead early, Just look at Steve Jobs, Serious overachiever, Where is he now?

Ya Ya you are going to say how is society going to function without people working, I will let the overachievers worry about that, While I sit with my umbrella drink in Bora Bora
AIRhino

Con

You are sitting under the umbrella that the government paid for, The drinks that food stamps bought you. I'm not saying that I wouldn't rather do any of those things. I am saying that sometimes you have to do things you don't want to to live a nice life. And you can have hobbies and different things outside of work, I don't understand that point. I would MUCH rather do all those things, But you talk about teenagers having an education and not wasting their time with different things, How is the government supposed to pay for the teenage labor camps that you suggest when they have to pay for people like you who think that everything should be given to them?
FanboyMctroll

Pro

My money came from a very large Inheritance, So I don't have to be a slave and I'm certainly not an overachiever. I don't need the governments money, That's for deadbeats, Trailer trash, Lazy dopes and the mentally ill in disability. The overachievers can pay into that, And the slaves can have their wages cut by the government taking money from them. I use off shore accounts, So do a lot of the politicians in fact as disclosed in the Panama Papers.

You know what drives me nuts, The losers who win the lottery and say they will go back to work. What a FN loser. You are telling me you have no interests, Desires, Hobbies, Life outside of work? Pathetic

For me I don't even have enough time in a day to do everything I want to do, I can't imagine working and trying to have a life outside of work. But slaves get brainwashed in school to prepare them for the next 40 years of their lives for slave work, Than when they are old, Decrepit than they can retire with their meager pension. What a joke.

I'm sitting in a shay lounge chair by the ocean on a white sand beach reiterating my points on this debate. Work is for slaves or overachievers and I'm neither. I'm fortunate enough to be financially sound so I don't have to be someone's slave, I don't need to police the roads, Or fight fires or more likely sit in some cubicle staring at a screen for 8 hours a day. People choose different careers because, Yes they need to eat and pay their bills and to survive, Which in turn sounds like slavery to me, With the exception of getting paid, Sure they get paid but it's never enough, People always complain about their salaries and not having enough to buy the things they need, Just enough to get by, Sounds like slavery to me.

Then there are the overachievers who go out and make tons of money because they can't stop for a second to smell the roses, They need to keep working and working to move up for status and power, Real overachievers!

I believe there is more to life then work. I'm not going to be someone's slave for minimum wage, Or someone's bitch to keep a job so I can pay the rent/mortgage or buy food. We will always have overachievers, Thousands are born everyday, They can go right ahead and keep overachieving in the work force and bossing the slaves around for their meager wage, Just enough to eat so you can keep working. No thanks that's not for me.

I'm traveling, Getting a nice tan, Eating well in nice restaurants while the slave waiter and waitress serve me hoping I tip them well because their slave wage is barely paying the bills at home, And watching the overachiever manager running around like a chicken with it's head cut off trying to make sure all patrons are seated and everything is satisfactory. Life is great when you are free of slavery and not an overachiever, Not a care in the world, The world is only dark and grave for the slaves. I'm free from work and I could care less about it, I'm living the dream
AIRhino

Con

So you're better than other people because your family had a large amount of money to hand to you? I don't understand your logic and you're clearly very pretentious if you really feel that way. I hope that what you're saying isn't really your views because people like you genuinely piss me off when they say they're better than others because of what their family did to make loads and loads of money.
Posted by FanboyMctroll 3 years ago
FanboyMctroll
@ 32doni32nido32 - I like you inverted logic, Good point.

I on the other hand see it as this, You are slave to the system, Or 1% rich and don't need to work, Or just refuse to follow the norms of society, And prefer to fence high end art for profit or diamonds and live off the grid like a lone wolf, Free of being a slave.
Posted by 32doni32nido32 3 years ago
32doni32nido32
But here's your logic, Just inverted to counter your argument:
People with hobbies are people who don't want to benefit society and are ultimately useless.

This, Obviously, Is not what I believe.
Posted by 32doni32nido32 3 years ago
32doni32nido32
Don't some hobbies a field of "work"?
Like, A music composer, Ora writer, Or an artist and even an athlete. And my interests fall under those categories, Including one more: education.
Some people are actually more interested in certain areas of work than others. I want to be a blood labologist, But does that mean I have no hobbies? Nope. I just find the science fascinating and it's something I want to look into more.
Posted by AIRhino 3 years ago
AIRhino
Work is for people who need money, You aren't better because you have a rich family. I think its made you a worse person in fact. I have proved that work isnt for slaves and overachievers, Also that hes a ridiculously ignorant and pretentious person for thinking so. Vote Con
Posted by FanboyMctroll 3 years ago
FanboyMctroll
Bottom line and the heading of this debate

Work IS for slaves and overachievers, I think I proved that here

Dear fellow voters please leave a vote for me, As my opponent really didn't prove how work is not for slaves and overachievers

By the was AIRhino, Money rules the world, If you want to debate that we can too, People with money are better and they have more power than people who are slaves.
Posted by AIRhino 3 years ago
AIRhino
steve jobs died of cancer.
Vote Placed by Anonymous 3 years ago
FanboyMctrollAIRhinoTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro was mostly rude with very poor conduct throughout the entire debate. Pro had no arguments and Con tried respectfully to have a good debate. Conduct and argument to con