SuperDucky_101
Deondrase

You should have to choose whether or not to abort the child before you can find out anything about i

Deondrase has forfeited round #2.

SuperDucky_101

Pro

The idea of abortion was originally meant for rape victims. Instead of the women who were raped using clothes hangers to abort their children, it could be done safely in a hospital.
However, it morphed into something much different. It morphed into people who forgot to use protection and then had unwanted pregnancies. And if that wasn't bad enough, it turned into something where parents would just use abortion to get rid of a baby who had special needs or a baby who wasn't the desired gender.
I am arguing that instead of letting the parents know if the baby is a girl, or if the baby has special needs, why don't we just ask if they would like to abort the child, and THEN tell them if the baby has special needs.

By the way, throughout this, you may have noticed I always said "parents" decision instead of "woman's" decision, because while it should be the woman's decision, it often turns out being the man's decision.

Thank you for your consideration.
Deondrase

Con

I accept this challenge but first are you saying you want to abort the baby because of its special needs?
SuperDucky_101

Pro

I'm sorry it appears you have misunderstood me. I am saying that instead of letting people decide whether or not to have an abortion after they find out stuff about the baby (ex: Gender, Conditions) how about the second the doctor notifies them that they are pregnant they should have to decide whether or not to have an abortion.

This would eliminate people having an abortion just because they wanted a boy and they got a girl, or because the child has downs syndrome. This way abortion could be used for it's intended purpose, which is rape victims.
Posted by Rad_Chad_Is_A_Mad_Lad 5 months ago
Rad_Chad_Is_A_Mad_Lad
"if ya'll fools would just A B S T A I N we wouldn't have an issue" -Mephistopheles
Posted by SHARINGISCARINGg 5 months ago
SHARINGISCARINGg
If anything, there should be no abortion. If you aren't ready to have a child, then give it to an orphanage. That sounds like a terrible thing to do, but at least the child is guaranteed a chance in life.
No one ever talks about the child's rights. Just because it is a child doesn't mean it is not human. Abortion violates civil rights. Abortion is people killing babies because they thought it was "inconvinient," or, like @SuperDucky_101 said, the wrong gender or with special needs. There was a certain historical figure that did something like that for a living. His name was Adolf Hitler.
Killing people, for ANY reason, is wrong.
Posted by SuperDucky_101 5 months ago
SuperDucky_101
Hey,
If you aren't ready to have a child financially, then abort it.
I am saying in my argument that the parents should not get to see if their child is special needs before they choose to abort it.
Besides, there is such a thing as adoption.
Posted by ecksdee123 5 months ago
ecksdee123
Your argument isn't very convincing.

A person or people that aren't ready to have children shouldn't have to have a baby. The financial, physical, and emotional stress a parent undergoes when having a child should be their choice.

The same can be applied to the special needs case. If people don't want special needs kids, then they shouldn't be pressured or even forced to have them. It's not a benefit to having one, over a normal child.*

*The same logic can be applied to a person not ready/willing to have children.