charlesiscool99
Bella_Is_A_McChicken

You shouldn't raise the voting age to 21

charlesiscool99 has forfeited round #2.
Updated: 3 years ago Status: Debating Period

charlesiscool99

Con

The voting age is a tender topic that at the moment, isn't exactly what many would call a problem, so why mess with that now. Many kids and others look forward for the right to vote that now at this moment in our country is a right that we shouldn't tamper with.
Bella_Is_A_McChicken

Pro

Though it is not a problem per say, the idea of 16-year-olds being given the right to vote isn't actually a bad idea. Also, yes, children do look forward to being able to hold power and vote on something - so why not give them that power at a younger age? After all, by then, we do have adult responsibilities so it would be incorrect to say that we are 'too young' to vote at that stage.

Furthermore, if we had more 16-year-olds (and, as I assume, 17-year-olds) with this right, the results of our future votes would differentiate and become a lot less conservative. As a result of this, we would be welcoming a much more open and diverse array of people in our society - with higher levels of LGBTQ+ acceptance being an example of a positive impact a lower voting age could give.
Posted by Bella_Is_A_McChicken 3 years ago
Bella_Is_A_McChicken
Aw man. Would've loved to have continued this debate. Ah well.
Posted by darkwolf 3 years ago
darkwolf
in my opinion keep the voting age were it is in fact some other age regulations should be changed I mean if your old enough to sign up for the draft and die in war you are definitely old enough to vote, and in my opinion drink but that's just my 2 cents on it
Posted by JPaul 3 years ago
JPaul
Politics is a joke. Rather than people voting for leaders, why not people vote for the actual decisions. I daresay that's a true democracy.