Arganger
DrAnomaly

YouTube Should Stop Giving Me NRA Ads.

DrAnomaly has forfeited round #2.
Updated: 3 years ago Status: Debating Period

Arganger

Pro

This is the ad I'm getting every video.

You must prove that it is in the NRA's interest to keep spamming me with ads. Either that, or prove that it is in my interest.

Despite the subject of this debate, it is meant to be serious. Voters must vote as such.
DrAnomaly

Con

Hello! I'm an individualist anarchist, and I will be debating from that point of view

----The Reason You're Getting the Ad----
Google ads appear based off of previous data they've collected on you, so if you've been looking at lots of gun videos, or political videos revolving around weapons and firearms, that is probably the reason you're seeing.

----The Ad Itself----
The advertisement itself is really stupid. I find conservatives, and liberals alike to be very inconsistent, and contradictory to their own 'principles' So I cannot defend the ad itself, however I can and will defend the right to own firearms, and the NRA (excluding it's conservative BS)

----My Arguments----
The active side of a dispute always has and carries the burden of proof, while the passive side does not. If not, then the passive side would shoulder the burden of proof for everything that is passive, including the things they are not currently doing. Since that would force them to justify an infinite amount of things it is false. Therefor, burden of proof is on the active side. Force is active, therefor those who wish to use force have the burden of proof. Gun control uses force, therefor those who wish to enact gun control have the burden of proof.
Arganger

Pro

For your first section:
Google always seems to be very bad at choosing ads for me. I do in depth research on adoption because I want kids, and need a loophole in the law to allow me to do it in the next five years?

I get birth control and planned parenhood ads. Even the "Don't show me this ad again" didn't really work.

I have looked up very little to do with guns as of late. I spend most of my time on the internet learning about rare genetic conditions, mental illnesses and other disabilities.

In this case, showing me this ad was neither in the interest of the NRA or me.

No need for you to defend the right to bear arms:
I already agree with that.

That is part of my point. If I already agree with gun ownership quite strongly, they are trying to convince the already convinced.

For most of my life I have not cared either way for the NRA itself, however, seeing an ad like that has turned my view negative.

Why?

It serves no purpose but to stir up more anger in the us.

It trys to make out all democrats as evil.

And I cannot see it that way.

People hate each other enough in this country, so the ad just seemed like a child yelling at another on the playground.

There are six things the Lord hates,
seven that are detestable to him:
haughty eyes,
a lying tongue,
hands that shed innocent blood,
a heart that devises wicked schemes,
feet that are quick to rush into evil,
a false witness who pours out lies
and a person who stirs up conflict in the community.

I know that this last part here most people do not care about, but I do, and so do many other people.
Posted by backwardseden 3 years ago
backwardseden
Con has lost this debate. The BOP is that many HUGE companies, and small, are withdrawing their signatures from the NRA and thus, and rightly and justly so with all of its corruptibility, the NRA is being looked down upon.

Also as stated from a Huffington Post article from 2016 to further add to the hopeful demolishing of one of the worst companies of all time, namely the NRA, as it is easily compared to ISIS:
-Institutionally, both organizations are remorseless about the deaths of victims
-Both use fear and intimidation to obtain their objectives
-Both assume their ideology is superior to the wishes of the majority of citizens
-Both have intensely loyal followers
-Both recruit and indoctrinate members who are ignorant of the basic facts
-Both are relatively small organizations that have impact far beyond their size
-Neither organization will apologize for the harm they cause

That hasn't changed since 2016.

Here's also a vidie from PBS's Frontline to show how corrupted the NRA truly is. Watch it. Its truly shocking to see what a company who doesn't give a damn about anything but itself can literally get away with anything. Thankfully that is changing as once again many HUGE companies are withdrawing from the NRA:
http://www.pbs.org...
Posted by backwardseden 3 years ago
backwardseden
@Arganger I'm (obviously) not pro guns. I once had someone I knew walk in to his girlfriends work and took out his handgun and shot her dead just because she wanted to end her relationship with him. And all he got was 4 years in prison. Then at the downtown bus station he taps me on the shoulder and tells me he's the manager at a local restaurant. Great! Just what we should all do is go out and murder our opposites so we can only do 4 years and when we get out we will have high paying careers when we get out.
Now you are right, the NRA is nothing but propaganda and they 100% need and require it to survive. But the way they do it is 100% wrong and unjustified and now they are finally eating their words for it.
Regardless, that special amendment, the 2nd amendment that people hold so proud will eventually have to be torn to shreds. Probably within the next 5 years or less and something else will have to be rewritten. Why? Technology. People (as an example) are right now building 3D printer guns in their basements. There's 0 laws against that. What's going to happen within 5 years? People may have the technology to build bombs to knock out entire city blocks in their basements. I have a friend who is an expert on stuff like this. He says its already here. And---nothing---is---being---done. Well something is going to have to be done. Background checks won't do squat. How can they when weapons are homemade?
Also Trump is a complete idiot and as usual he's trying to not get to the heart of any issue unless he can "win" at it. He says guns are a "mentally ill" problem. Nope. Guns are a mental health issue. BIG HUGE MONUMENTAL DIFFERENCE.
Posted by Arganger 3 years ago
Arganger
backwardseden I'm pro guns, but I hate propaganda, And that is all their ads are, propaganda. Manipulative propaganda.
Posted by backwardseden 3 years ago
backwardseden
I am so so so on YOUR side. I truly hate guns. And even worse is I truly hate the NRA and their jackpot way of running a business of absolute corruption at its highest level which costs lives AND THEY DON'T CARE who they "gun down", no pun intended, in the process.
But thankfully more and more BIG companies are pulling away from the NRA such as Walmart, Delta, United, Enterprise, Avis, Budget, Alamo, Hertz, Allied, First National Bank, Lifelock, Simply google "companies that have pulled away fro the NRA" or go to youtube and do the same thing.

Here's a veryyyyyyy interesting article form 2016 about how similar the NRA and ISIS truly are. Wow.
https://www.huffingtonpost.com...