RXR
Tminusfour20

Abortion Debate

RXR
Started: 3/17/2015 Category: Economics

RXR

Con

Con: Against Abortion
Pro: For Abortion

My oppenent will go first and defend his views on abortion staying legal...

Tminusfour20

Pro

I look forward to this debate.

There are a few blurred lines when it comes to the topic of abortion primarily when the exact moment a fetus, becomes a "live human being".

A few points that I would like to throw out is that fetuses have no consciousness and do not feel pain prior to 20 weeks. I agree that a fetus should not be aborted late in it's development as it would be overall better to birth the child prematurely and out them up for adoption.

But, I will say that a fetus is not a functioning and productive member of society, it does not have a social security number nor can it survive on it's own without it's host. Not all these are needed to be considered human or even important at all but the difference that many forget to realize with abortion is the decision of the woman. Even animals are more beneficial to my life than unborn fetuses.

As a woman if I decide I do not wish to be pregnant, an unborn pre human with no consciousness opinion or even a thought in the world should have the ability to stop that. If a termination of the fetus results in her wishes to no longer be pregnant that is her complete choice.

If you were a leach and had the same level of functionality and consciousness as a fetus and you had to necessarily be attached to me to stay alive whether I put you there or not I have the right to remove you from the resource I call my body. It would make the same level of difference to you as if your future great great grand kids were to blow up spontaneously (pretty much no difference at all as you would be long dead and free of consciousness to perceive anything around you.)

Child sacrifice is incomparable and has roots in outlandish complex irrational belief systems. Those children were also alive independently and were functioning members of society. Name one entire culture that routinely sacrifices thier already born children in today's world. We are not still living in the middle ages.

Making this illegal wouldn't stop the act of abortion, it would just make it much harder for women with no other option to get one. It would force pregnant rape victims to suffer quietly or suffering mothers in deep poverty to find unsafe dangerous alternative options.

From an emotional perspective I get it but it isn't rational to cut off a very much needed procedure for millions of women around the world because you think it's wrong. You may never know their life or circumstances but if you are that avid about it, just privately refrain from aborting your own children and allow the rest of us to freely exercise our bodily rights.

Back to you
RXR

Con

Let's clear a few things, a fetus is a 'living human being' because it originally was created from human parents and we know it's alive because it is growing. If it was not alive, then an abortion is not neccasary. Also there are countless biologists that conclude that a fetus is the beginning of human life. For example, Keith L. Moore says in his book of embryology, quoted 'This fertilized ovum, known as a zygote, is a large diploid cell that is the beginning, or primordium, of a human being.'

Yes your correct on a fetus not having a consiousness or the ability of pain but does it make any less humane to kill them ? And by the way, if you can terminate a fetus for not having consiousness, can you terminate a person in a coma ? People in comas have no sense of there surroundings.

You say that animals are more beneficial than unborn human beings but animals will never benefit society by not having jobs or a family, mean while a fetus can have a job/family.

Yes it is true that making abortion illegal won't stop abortion but so is murder. Murder is illegal but some people still commit murder. And abortion and rape only effects about 0.05% people, that is a very small group of people. But even if a rape victim does an legal abortion she will suffer from depression and possibely commit suicide.

India and China still have a culture of female infanticide and kill their unborn female children. Just to name a few.
http://www.domesticviolenceservices.com...

Abortion is wrong because scientificaly a fetus is a human being and should recieve basic human rights and be protected. Abortion just discriminates the unborn and shows that human life is disposable just for a few hundred dollars. And it isn't your body, it just lives in it.

http://www.thefreedictionary.com...

Tminusfour20

Pro

"You say that animals are more beneficial than unborn human beings but animals will never benefit society by not having jobs or a family, mean while a fetus can have a job/family."

I currently have a guard dog at home who has both a family and a specific job within my household. Seeing eye dogs, police dogs, milk and beef cows provide resources to mothers with unborn babies so that isn't exactly true.

"India and China still have a culture of female infanticide and kill their unborn female children. Just to name a few."

Chinese infanticide and infanticide in no shape or form is acceptable. I honestly feel that every situation should be handled uniquely and it wouldn't be right to lump every single situation and scenario that may result in an abortion as wrong and inexcusable. China has over a billion while we are just over 300 million. Their population and resources have pushed them toward infanticide tendencies. Is it right? No, but that is not the picture if abortion that people in America hold.

"But even if a rape victim does an legal abortion she will suffer from depression and possibly commit suicide. "

I acknowledge your point that rape and abortion affects only a small percentage of Americans. The true question I have is how much do abortions effect Americans at all as a process. When a young woman decides to have an abortion for whatever reason how does that effect people? Her parents will be temporarily disappointed , the girl may be emotionally and physically scarred but it doesn't effect the community, 10 women in your neighborhood can have an abortion and it will never effect you as a person specifically or me or anyone outside of their personal circle. How many people do you personally know that have had abortions that have affected you and the community around them as a whole?

" if you can terminate a fetus for not having consciousness, can you terminate a person in a coma ?"

Coma patients brain dead patients and paralyzed patients can all get pregnant and conceive and give birth to a child. Pre humans have no attachment no connections outside of parents no impact on the world or anything or anyone. Like I said above all situations need to be judged uniquely before lumping in assisted death for coma and brain death patients as the significance of each is not universal.

"Abortion is wrong because scientifically a fetus is a human being and should receive basic human rights and be protected."

You are basically agreeing it is OK to violate the rights of independently living human beings to grant rights to pre-humans that require the body of another human being to survive. Basic human rights can be given to the unborn when they are a capable of doing basic human functions on their own without infringing upon the rights of the host.

Birth and human life is insanely persistent. There are more people being born than dying so literally 100s of babies can be born around the worlds in the time it takes one teen in Utah to get to the abortion clinic in her Honda. Human life is definitely precious, especially seeing how abundant it is around you and I whether we fight it or not it will persist till the end. Its like taking an option and right from everyone for the sake of a virtually insignificant event that happens plenty of times daily. The born will provide and compensate for the unborn as it always has and the only thing that the unborn will owe is gratitude.

Back to you !
RXR

Con

'I currently have a guard dog at home who has both a family and a specific job within my household. Seeing eye dogs, police dogs, milk and beef cows provide resources to mothers with unborn babies so that isn't '

Comparing cattle to a unborn human being is illogical, yes your right on cows providing milk and guard dogs provide protection. But a human life triumphs any animal. That unborn human could have impacted society in a helpful manner. Animals can easily be replaced while an unborn human can not.

'Chinese infanticide and infanticide in no shape or form is acceptable. I honestly feel that every situation should be handled uniquely and it wouldn't be right to lump every single situation and scenario that may result in an abortion as wrong and inexcusable. China has over a billion while we are just over 300 million. Their population and resources have pushed them toward infanticide tendencies. Is it right? No, but that is not the picture if abortion that people in America hold. '

Chinese infanticide is not acceptable because it kills born females and causes an unbalanced ratio between females and males currently living in China. There are better options and less violent ones than infantcide. Overpopulation is a problem but families don't have to resort to killing their own children just for being female.

'I acknowledge your point that rape and abortion affects only a small percentage of Americans. The true question I have is how much do abortions effect Americans at all as a process. When a young woman decides to have an abortion for whatever reason how does that effect people? Her parents will be temporarily disappointed , the girl may be emotionally and physically scarred but it doesn't effect the community, 10 women in your neighborhood can have an abortion and it will never effect you as a person specifically or me or anyone outside of their personal circle. How many people do you personally know that have had abortions that have affected you and the community around them as a whole? '

Abortion doesn't affect other people, it affects the fetus. Abortion discriminates the unborn and considers a fetus disposable human life. Abortion kills the most helpless and innocent human beings.

'You are basically agreeing it is OK to violate the rights of independently living human beings to grant rights to pre-humans that require the body of another human being to survive. Basic human rights can be given to the unborn when they are a capable of doing basic human functions on their own without infringing upon the rights of the host. '

Human life > Rights

'Coma patients brain dead patients and paralyzed patients can all get pregnant and conceive and give birth to a child. Pre humans have no attachment no connections outside of parents no impact on the world or anything or anyone. Like I said above all situations need to be judged uniquely before lumping in assisted death for coma and brain death patients as the significance of each is not universal.'

If you give it a chance it will impact the world. But abortion terminates the chance of a fetus having a chance at life.

In conclusion: Abortion kills unborn human beings and is discrimination. Thus should be abolished

Tminusfour20

Pro

"Comparing cattle to a unborn human being is illogical, yes your right on cows providing milk and guard dogs provide protection. But a human life triumphs any animal. That unborn human could have impacted society in a helpful manner. Animals can easily be replaced while an unborn human can not. "

It is illogical to compare a 35 year old man to an unborn fetus. An unborn human can be replaced once aborted by sex then following conception.

"Overpopulation is a problem but families don't have to resort to killing their own children just for being female."

If you read my point above I am not in support of Chinese infanticide or any infanticide but that and abortion are two different issues and we are talking about two entirely different cultures. Abortion is not a real issue in the life of Americans right now.

"Abortion doesn't affect other people, it affects the fetus. Abortion discriminates the unborn and considers a fetus disposable human life. Abortion kills the most helpless and innocent human beings. "

The fetus doesn't have the capacity to care or understand this concept as of yet. Abortion is to deal with a current existing issue. The life and concerns of a fetus are irrelevant and there is no way to say that a world without abortions would be definitely better than a world without one. The victim in this case is essentially unaware or unaffected by abortion its consciousness remains the same before and after the abortion. You are arguing from an emotional perspective when you and I will never be pregnant or women capable of giving an inside viewpoint.

"Human life > Rights"

Why not take away the rights of someone in a coma or brain dead and force them to be baby factories through artificial insemination then. both are equally important but there must be a balance.

"If you give it a chance it will impact the world. But abortion terminates the chance of a fetus having a chance at life."

There is no way to prove that all terminated fetuses would have indefinitely had a positive impact or any impact at all on the world. there have been millions of miscarriages and abortions throughout our histories timeliness and it was those that survived who impacted the world. There will be 1000s of births for every abortion I cannot describe to you how insignificant effect of terminating one pregnancy for a legitimate reason has on the world as a whole. That one baby who didn't make it will be surpassed by millions of babies who will as it has always been through evolutionary history.

Please give evidence of negative correlations with abortions and ....anything.

RXR

Con

'It is illogical to compare a 35 year old man to an unborn fetus. An unborn human can be replaced once aborted by sex then following conception. '

A fetus can't be replaced because it's own dna is unlike any other human being.

' If you read my point above I am not in support of Chinese infanticide or any infanticide but that and abortion are two different issues and we are talking about two entirely different cultures. Abortion is not a real issue in the life of Americans right now. '

But you just said 'Chinese infanticide and infanticide in no shape or form is acceptable.' which means you are in support of infantcide.

'There is no way to prove that all terminated fetuses would have indefinitely had a positive impact or any impact at all on the world. there have been millions of miscarriages and abortions throughout our histories timeliness and it was those that survived who impacted the world. There will be 1000s of births for every abortion I cannot describe to you how insignificant effect of terminating one pregnancy for a legitimate reason has on the world as a whole. That one baby who didn't make it will be surpassed by millions of babies who will as it has always been through evolutionary history. '

I never said that all fetuses will have some sort of positive impact for society. I said some of them.

'Why not take away the rights of someone in a coma or brain dead and force them to be baby factories through artificial insemination then. both are equally important but there must be a balance. '

Because you did not use their consent for using their reproductive organs. While when a woman who has sex chooses a chance to be pregnant. A person in a coma does not.

'Please give evidence of negative correlations with abortions and ....anything.'

depression, suicide, infertility, inflamation. etc. People who choose abortion have 10 times higher depression rate. and worst of all kills an unborn human being

Now answer my question, if a fetus is not a human being than what is it ?

Tminusfour20

Pro

"But you just said 'Chinese infanticide and infanticide in no shape or form is acceptable.' which means you are in support of infanticide"

If I say it is not acceptable in any shape or form how does that mean I support it?

"Because you did not use their consent for using their reproductive organs. While when a woman who has sex chooses a chance to be pregnant. A person in a coma does not."

Agreeing to have sex is not the same as agreeing to be pregnant, both are choices.

"depression, suicide, infertility, inflammation. etc. People who choose abortion have 10 times higher depression rate. and worst of all kills an unborn human being"

I agree those are potential impacts that abortion can have on an individual but again that doesn't effect society as a whole. Abortions do not increase the risk of depression, suicide,and inflammation for an entire community only for the individual that CHOOSES that option for themselves.

I will answer your question with this question. If I give you an egg to eat for breakfast, will you then say to someone else I gave you chicken for breakfast? 2 different categories of the same kind. They need to be dealt with uniquely.
RXR

Con

'infanticide in no shape or form is acceptable' <--- that means you do support it. I don't know if it is a typo or not.

'I agree those are potential impacts that abortion can have on an individual but again that doesn't effect society as a whole. Abortions do not increase the risk of depression, suicide,and inflammation for an entire community only for the individual that CHOOSES that option for themselves. '

It doesn't need to affect whole communities to be dangerous. Abortion is not only harmful to the fetus, it is also harmful to women's physical and mental image

-http://www.rachelsvineyard.org...

-http://www.afterabortion.com...

'I will answer your question with this question. If I give you an egg to eat for breakfast, will you then say to someone else I gave you chicken for breakfast? 2 different categories of the same kind. They need to be dealt with uniquely.'

A chicken and a fetus are both different species, so you can't make an analogy of the two
Tminusfour20

Pro

The first article is a religious publication from 1994. When they created the manual vacuum and chemical abortion methods that people in 21st century medicine actually use. These new methods are also safer for the mother and painless for the fetus. I know women who are virtually unaffected by having an abortion done as well as women who were saddened by it but as I've stated before women's physical and mental image is not guaranteed to be altered by abortion. It is more of a side effect of abortion than a guaranteed symptom of post abortion.

Fetuses and humans are in two different categories as eggs and chickens are. One comes as a result of the other and must be treated that way.

Conclusion: Abortion is not a legitimate societal issue. Our culture has the resources and options to deal with pregnancy as well as the termination of a pregnancy. The vast majority typically go unaffected by abortion. Fetuses are effected but subsequently, that effect on fetuses does not result in an effect on us. It is a woman's choice to terminate her pregnancy even if that results in the loss of a fetus, that is her right. A woman that decides to choose abortion, accepts the potential risks and side effects that come with it just like any other medical procedure. Human life rapidly persists with thousands of births for every abortion, making a legitimate termination of one pregnancy insignificant in the light of the millions that continuously occur.

I conclude that my opponent and I will never be pregnant or ever know the pressure placed on a pregnant woman when dealing the option of abortion giving us no right to judge their situation.

Vote Pro. Keep Abortion Legal.
Posted by Pame1721 2 weeks ago
Pame1721
i totally agree with the abortion, Women have the right to choose if they want to keep with the pregancy or not. Besides a feto it"s not a baby it"s just a few cells together.
Nobody have the right to say what we can or canno"t do with our bodies and I support even more when they were raped and they don"t want to remember that traumatic moment.
Women should be free with the decisions we make with our bodies, Nobody cares about it.
So abort free and secure for all women in the world.
Posted by furfagkiller69420 2 months ago
furfagkiller69420
yeetus that feetus
Posted by ComeAt_Me 2 months ago
ComeAt_Me
This debate were won by the con since the voter is a reta. . . .
Posted by aaron1085 2 months ago
aaron1085
I totally agree with the legalization of abortion, Since the existing laws have huge gaps and leave out certain people. I believe that any pregnant person should be able to choose whether to go through the pregnancy process or not.
Posted by YesterdaysTomorrow 3 months ago
YesterdaysTomorrow
"Chinese infanticide and infanticide in no shape or form is acceptable"

This is grammatically correct, RXR. TMinusfour20 was saying they did not accept Chinese infanticide. They said, "In *no* shape or form is acceptable. "
Posted by whateveryoutay5 3 months ago
whateveryoutay5
Correction:

I meant to say the child did NOT ask to exist. .

While I'm here. . I recall R. Reagan's words, Something like this

I've noticed that all those who are pro abortion are already born
Posted by whateveryoutay5 3 months ago
whateveryoutay5
legalized abortion is Nazism all over again. It is saying that some people do not deserve or have a right to live. And as per all such issues, You have to ask yourself: How would I feel if I were in this situation (in the womb. . . Sharp instruments or chemicals coming toward me)?

We as a society, Generally speaking, Have lost our ability to empathize with others. It is getting worse every day. Numero Uno is all tht matters. . .

Then when we ourselves are in trouble somehow, We want someone to help us. . .

I think of the Words of Jesus: If you do not forgive, You will not be forgiven. .

OK, No one was talking about forgiveness. But maybe we are in a way. . . Can we not forgive that child for. . Being "inconvenient". . . For existing. . And through no fault of his own?

That is a key thing here. The child did ASK to exist. Someone's irresponsible act brought him into existence (or her).

someone here said to have sex always thinking Do I want to have a child w/ this person?

But even that, Which is better than not thinking of course, Is. . Not the best way. . Because we all know and have seen how feelings toward "loved ones" can change at the drop of a hat. . .

we have to get it right. . . Because we are talking about murder.

Those who say it is not murder are not facing reality. .

If a being is alive one minute and killed in the next and thrown into the trash. .

what else is it?
Posted by whateveryoutay5 3 months ago
whateveryoutay5
I have thought deeply about abortion because I have had to argue against it so many times.

Life begins at the beginning (conception). That's elementary. That is the SCIENCE (Remember Science is important. . . Supposed to be)
All men are created equal, Which does not mean we are all absolutely equal in every way nor that the state or anyone else should be foolish enough to work for perfect equality. What it means is that all of us are equally important to GOD. The Bible says "God is no respecter of persons"

As we all know, Humans ARE. We tend to value those who have money, Do good work, Etc. We tend to dislike people who appear to be lazy (homeless people begging, Etc). Well, Dislike them all you want. You are no better in God's opinion than they. Yes, I know you'd like to think otherwise. So would I. But. . . Even if you do not believe in God or are agnostic. . You have to admit that IF there is a God, He would love all his children equally, Don't you think?

To value a human life based solely on how productive he or she is. . . I mean, Didn't we fight a war centered on this issue. . . You know, The one where that lunatic thought Jews were inferior and sent them to the gas chambers. . . ?

Then in the good old "free" US of A. . . There were, Not very long ago, Sterilization laws. . Carrie Buck, Sterilized against her will because someone thought she was "defective"

What if you got in a car accident and someone deemed u "defective"?
Posted by daveseth9682 5 months ago
daveseth9682
Erommy Coupons code is the best way to avail discounts on Erommy store shopping, There are lots of items on which you can avail the discount, Amazing offers so visit the store by clicking the button and Save your Pocket now!

Erommy Coupons Code

https://couponsagent. Com/front/store-profile/erommy-coupons
Posted by Fen19 5 months ago
Fen19
In my humble opinion, I think that abortion is not a good idea, Because the fetus is into his/her mommy and that moment the fetus has life and have rights over all. So, I think the abortion is a murder a new babie.
Vote Placed by Anonymous 6 years ago
RXRTminusfour20Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Con countered Pro's arguments well and efficiently. The problem with this debate is the pure truism to it. Abortion is bad and abortion denies the rights to life, liberty, and the persuit of happiness.