LilahF
FormerLeftist

abortion should be legal in cases of rape

Reasons for your voting decision - Required
The Voting Period Ends In
Updated: 1 month ago Status: Voting Period

LilahF

Pro

Just to be clear I am against abortion when i tis not a case of rape.
FormerLeftist

Con

There should be no excuse for murdering infants. It's not the baby's fault. It's the rapist's fault. The baby did not commit any crime, He did not choose to be conceived that way. Why should that give anyone a free pass to kill the baby?
LilahF

Pro

So if a 10 year old child was raped on the street they should be forced to have the baby? What if the mother of the baby is not financially stable to raise a baby?
FormerLeftist

Con

So we're doing some whataboutisms to justify infanticide?
10 year olds are biologically unable to conceive, They have yet to reach puberty. So your point is flawed logic. Even if the 10 year old did somehow get pregnant the baby shouldn't die for the rapist's crime, The rapist should.
If the mother is not financially able to pay for the baby maybe she should cut out the superfluous luxuries from her life like avocado toast. Having a baby is a huge personal sacrifice and it isn't easy, But your financial situation shouldn't justify murder.
If a mother really is incapable of supporting the baby, Then she should put it up for adoption, There are plenty of couples who would love to have a baby but are unable to conceive one themselves.
LilahF

Pro

Most of the points you made were good accept one. Yes putting the baby up for adoption is an option however the mother will still have to carry the baby for 9 months which can be extremely stressful. Another thing is that there are already so many children being put up for adoption already so there is a low chance the child will get adopted. Another thing is that if it is a pregnancy the woman didn't give consent to the woman should have a choice about her own body.
FormerLeftist

Con

Still looking for excuses to kill infants, I see? You liberals disgust me and it disgusts me that I was ever one of you.
So you are saying that if there are too many children up for adoption, That the excess should be killed? For God sakes, They're not f cking pets in an animal shelter, What the hell is wrong with you likening them to that? !

And another point, The "my body my choice" talking point is just stupid. You do realize that babies have their own bodies, Their own thoughts, And can feel pain. The baby is not part of the mother's body they are a unique human being with their own soul. You just dehumanize the babies so that you can feel better about murdering them, That is exactly what hitler did with the jews he dehumanized them then committed genocide, And that's exactly what abortion is: genocide.
While a mother doesn't need her unborn baby to live, The baby is dependent on the mother to survive. Removing the unborn from the womb before it is due is equivalent to not feeding an already born child. I'd say the baby's bodily rights are being violated, Not the woman's.

There really is NO good argument for abortion, REGARDLESS of the circumstances. Murder is murder, And its horrible that people like you defend infanticide being passed off as a "medical procedure. " Abortion should be illegal full stop. And any mother who even considers doing that to her own baby should have it taken away by CPS the second it exits her birth canal, God knows what she would do to it since she literally considered MURDERING it!
Posted by Heiner.26 1 week ago
Heiner.26
In my opinion, I consider that abortion should be legal in those cases, Because it occured in a situation where the victim suffered a lot, And even though the baby is innocent, If the vict makes the decision of the abortion, It should be respected because she is the only one who knows how she is feeling, And the consequences that could create if the victm is obligated to have the baby, I mean, In the future, It could create serious damages in the baby because it could develop certain physical and phycological problems between the mother and the child.
Posted by LilahF 1 month ago
LilahF
@FormerLeftist I am normally pro life but for the sake of this debate I am taking the pro abortion side
Posted by Leaning 1 month ago
Leaning
@FormerLeftist
I don't really see how you're going to convince another person by being rude to them, Straw-manning them, And putting politics in their mouth.