Manoo
Challenge Period
Open Debate

are books only consumed by the rich?

Challenge Expired
Challenge Expires In
Updated: 1 month ago Status: Challenge Period

Manoo

Con

The Brazilian Federal Revenue said that "only the rich buy books", And proposes to increase taxes on books. In my opinion, This is an attempt to decrease access to education and knowledge for the poor. As anthropologist Darcy Ribeiro said, "The crisis in education in Brazil is not a crisis; it's a project. A society where people are ignorant and lack knowledge is easier to be controlled by the powerful. The books? Books are an inexhaustible source of knowledge, Knowledge that takes thousands of people out of misery, Allows advances in technology, In science, In society as a whole. They are in books, Which contain pages and pages of knowledge that can never be taken from those who consume them
Posted by breyner.vargas 1 week ago
breyner.vargas
A government who wants to increase rate/taxes to books, Is a government which really want to try to supreme the society knowledge but WHY I think is because a non-educated population is easiest to manipulate than other with a little knowing. So remember that the power reside into the town, And educated people are critic people, And always critic people are against the injustice and in many countries this is not good for the present and future presidents or other public charges.
Posted by nonbinarytwink 1 month ago
nonbinarytwink
love u
Posted by Ihsieman 1 month ago
Ihsieman
From brazil, Not america
Posted by Hezikiah 1 month ago
Hezikiah
I prefer books with garlic
Posted by DeletedUser 1 month ago
DeletedUser
I call BS. The IRS never said that
Posted by Leaning 1 month ago
Leaning
I'm not rich, And 'I like books.