Savage_girl
Mexthemen

bullying should be stopped

Mexthemen has forfeited round #2.
Updated: 3 years ago Status: Debating Period

Savage_girl

Pro

Bullying can have many results. Sometimes a kid might survive being bullied, and grow up as a sucessful adult, but many wouldn't. Hurting people is NOT right, and it NEEDS to be stopped....Before it gets too bad. Is Amanda Todd not enough? She was bullied into depression and SUICIDE. Is that not a good enough example? How many other teens have been bullied into the world of loneliness, depression, self-harm, and suicide? The numbers might just surprise you. Why even try to stop other kinds of abuse when there's the kid to kid abuse right in front of our eyes? Bullying. Needs. To. Stop
Mexthemen

Con

I will start my opening using five words. The strong kill the weak.
It is who we are, we do this to gain a satisfaction to make our selves feel better. We like to prove to others that we are stronger than some human beings. Bulling is a natural selection. The weak dyes and the tough ones survive, that's how the world works. There is no way to stop bullying and even stop bullying in a school because it's been going on for so many years that no one really is going to put any efforts to stop it. Yes, I understand that this isn't right, yes I understand you think I'm lack of empathy. But let me tell you something you don't understand, the ones that on the top of the food chain survives.
Thank you for reading, this will be the end of my opening.
Savage_girl

Pro

I mean, come on? Bullying is a huge problem all over the world. It needs to be taken care of.

I'm going to use some quotes from what SerPete said in the "NO" column. "Chances are, the victim is not innocent himself"? What statistic did you get that from? And with all do respect (because I do not know you), who are you to judge whether or not bullying is deserved? Bullying shouldn't happen. That is it right there. If a school were to have a bullying situation in which they just said, "well, the victim deserved it", that would be the stupidest thing I have ever heard. Schools have no right to judge that. Bullying should not happen. Innocence is not a question. It isn't to be judged. It is the ultimate truth. Bullying should not happen. If the victim was discovered to be bullying someone else, or breaking other rules in some way, then yes, they should be punished accordingly. But the bullies should not remain unpunished. They also need to be punished accordingly.

"Teen suicide happens because of more than just bullying"? While that statement is true, not acknowledging and taking care of the huge part of teen suicide that is bullying is just being plain ignorant. It really is. "Well, I guess since bullying isn't the only cause of teen suicide, we don't really need to take care of it." That shouldn't be how it works. Bullying is killing people. It needs to be taken care of.

There are so many schools that have bullying issues that the school administrations simply do not care to deal with. They don't want to "waste their time", so they continue to let it happen. I know someone who went to my high school who felt the need to leave in the middle of the year to take online school because they didn't feel safe from their bullies at the school. They were not only expecting the oral part of the bullying, you know, the calling names and the shouting at them, but they were also worried about the threats they were receiving. They had received threats involving weapons like bats and tasers. Since the school administration would not do much of anything to take care of the issue, they felt the need to leave the school and take school online instead. It was their senior year.

Situations like this shouldn't happen. Every student should feel safe at their school. I don't even know why this would even be put in question. Bullying needs to be taken care of, for the safety and state of mind of the victims involved. This issue cannot be ignored. Please support anti-bullying. You can actually save lives
Posted by Savage_girl 3 years ago
Savage_girl
someone should do something about this its a really serious
Posted by MasterMewtwo 3 years ago
MasterMewtwo
I agree bullying should be stopped, but as far as I see, it won't. Ultimate peace is pretty much impossible to achieve, especially with those willing to harm.