backwardseden
Shoruken64

christ was a false prophet, he lied, was clearly insane, and was not the messiah, so why believe?

backwardseden

Pro

There are many on this planet who claim of themselves to christians. But in reality its nearly a 100% true impossibility. This is true for several reasons....

1. god never appointed this travesty named jesus as the messiah and thus gave him super duper powers to change his laws. god never stated anywhere in his bible something to the effect of "I the lord thy god grants jesus the power to change my laws, rules and regulations." The fact of the matter is, is that it doesn't exist anywhere. But in truth I hope that you find it, because then that would mean that your god has appointed a well known liar. And if god is god, this supposed god would know that this jesus would lie. AND he would also know that this jesus would point blank do it several times.

2. jesus flat out lied SEVERAL TIMES in the printed bible which is most certainly not becoming of any messiah.
Matthew 16:28 “Verily I say unto you, There be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the Son of man coming in his kingdom.”
* Mark 9:1 “And he said unto them, Verily I say unto you, That there be some of them that stand here, which shall not taste of death, till they have seen the kingdom of God come with power.”
* Luke 9:27 “But I tell you of a truth, there be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the kingdom of God.
Taken from https://infidels.org... - Fatal Bible Flaws?
“Jesus says that some of his listeners will not taste death before he comes again in his kingdom. This was said almost 2000 years ago.
(Note: This passage and many others indicate that Jesus was to come again in a relatively short period of time and not just "quickly" as present day Biblicists assert. All of his listeners are now dead, yet Jesus has not come again in his kingdom. All of the alleged words of Jesus put forth in the Bible are therefore suspect.)”
* Mark 16: 17-18 “17 “And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;18 They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.”
Well gosh golly gee gosh darned it all, how many have YOU personally witnessed who have survived who can drink a snake’s poison and survive? “A believer can handle snakes or drink poison and not experience any harm.
(Note: Many unfortunate believers have died as a result of handling snakes and/or drinking poison; this kind of assertion negates the Bible as a useful guidebook for life. It should also be noted that the oldest manuscripts of Mark end at MK 16:8; as the footnotes to The New Oxford Annotated Bible put it, verses 9-20 cannot have been part of the original text of Mark.)” Yes Your bible says this. So be the klutz of the year and follow this and see where it get you!!! Why DEAD of course!!!
* Mark 11:24 “Therefore I say unto you, What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them.”
* John 14:13 “And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.”
Yep yep yeppers so go right ahead and pray for that golden rolls royce and for it to show up at tomorrow’s b-day only to see that it will never show up. Pray for that annoying skyscraper to be pounded to dust because it is blocking your view, only to see that it will never happen, pray for the sun to go supernova because you are a sick individual and you want to see the world end only to see that it will never happe. Oh yes pray for ANYTHING in jesus’s name and expect to get it because that’s EXACTLY what YOUR bible says. Yeah Its all oe big brownshoed lie by your friend and el grando nursery rhyme character jesus christ.
* John 14:6 “Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.”
There, jesus self appointed himself to be the messiah in which god, his commander in chief gave him no permission to do as such, thus that’s a lie. Even so, billions who do not believe in this christianity maggoty religion without cause should take that offensive posturing very seriously. And, well let’s put it this way, christ is the most fought after figure in history. So again, why believe? And even better yet, billions are convinced that their religion is correct and not this christ *yawn* crap. So they, ab-so-lu-te-ly would consider christianity with that one verse to be a true rolly polly cookie batter up box sweet HUGE lie and rightly so as there’s NOTHING, no EVIDENCE to support anything for christ.

3. Suppose christ existed, he was clearly insane. Yeah christ had great family values with these statements “abandon your families, give away all your possessions, follow me:
Matthew 10: 35-37 “For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law. 36 And a man's foes shall be they of his own household. 37 He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me.”
* Luke 12 51-53 “Suppose ye that I am come to give peace on earth? I tell you, Nay; but rather division: 52 For from henceforth there shall be five in one house divided, three against two, and two against three. 53 The father shall be divided against the son, and the son against the father; the mother against the daughter, and the daughter against the mother; the mother in law against her daughter in law, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.”
* Matthew 19: 28-29 “28 And Jesus said unto them, Verily I say unto you, That ye which have followed me, in the regeneration when the Son of man shall sit in the throne of his glory, ye also shall sit upon twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel. 29 And every one that hath forsaken houses, or brethren, or sisters, or father, or mother, or wife, or children, or lands, for my name's sake, shall receive an hundredfold, and shall inherit everlasting life.”
Are you kidding any overbaked goose liver from the upper level of the checkbook unchecked brain left on loose change control? NOBODY, 0% of this planet’s population is going to give up their families and “follow” christ, well follow him where in the first place - to air? And give up your families, well that’d only be true if there was severe stunted abuse.

4. And then give up ALL of your possessions? That’s right ALL of them in which you reading this have---not---done unless you are reading this from another computer console outside of your home or not using your gadget phone in which is highly suspect and very unlikely.
* Luke 14:33 “So likewise, whosoever he be of you that forsaketh not all that he hath, he cannot be my disciple.”
* Luke 18:22 “Now when Jesus heard these things, he said unto him, Yet lackest thou one thing: sell all that thou hast, and distribute unto the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come, follow me.””
* Matthew 19:21 “21 Jesus said unto him, If thou wilt be perfect, go and sell that thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come and follow me.”
* Matthew 13: 22 “22 He also that received seed among the thorns is he that heareth the word; and the care of this world, and the deceitfulness of riches, choke the word, and he becometh unfruitful.”

5. And to top it off your christ broke some of god’s laws such as working on the sabbath which was punishable by death. But nah not to this statuesque christ figure who did indeed worked on the sabbath which p**sed off the jews. Even to this day orthodox jews get REALLY upset when others break that code of working on the sabbath. Jesus working on the sabbath? Are you kidding like your glove box compartment tightening?
* Luke 13:14 “And the ruler of the synagogue answered with indignation, because that Jesus had healed on the sabbath day, and said unto the people, There are six days in which men ought to work: in them therefore come and be healed, and not on the sabbath day.
* Mark 3: 1-6 “And he entered again into the synagogue; and there was a man there which had a withered hand. 2 And they watched him, whether he would heal him on the sabbath day; that they might accuse him. 3 And he saith unto the man which had the withered hand, Stand forth. 4 And he saith unto them, Is it lawful to do good on the sabbath days, or to do evil? to save life, or to kill? But they held their peace. 5 And when he had looked round about on them with anger, being grieved for the hardness of their hearts, he saith unto the man, Stretch forth thine hand. And he stretched it out: and his hand was restored whole as the other. 6 And the Pharisees went forth, and straightway took counsel with the Herodians against him, how they might destroy him.
* Matthew 12: 1-2 At that time Jesus went on the sabbath day through the corn; and his disciples were an hungred, and began to pluck the ears of corn and to eat. 2 But when the Pharisees saw it, they said unto him, Behold, thy disciples do that which is not lawful to do upon the sabbath day.
* Mark 2: 23-24 “”And it came to pass, that he went through the corn fields on the sabbath day; and his disciples began, as they went, to pluck the ears of corn. 24 And the Pharisees said unto him, Behold, why do they on the sabbath day that which is not lawful?
I mean really who did this make believe christ fellow think he was?

* John 5:18 “Therefore the Jews sought the more to kill him, because he not only had broken the sabbath, but said also that God was his Father, making himself equal with God.”

Now here’s how things truly are in the world of god, christ’s superior. god wants you to die in his bible if you break the sabbath EX 31:14, NU 15: 32-36

Now pay attention closely:
*2 Timothy 3:16 "All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:"
*Proverbs 30:5 "Every word of God is pure: he is a shield unto them that put their trust in him."
*Isaiah 40:8 "The grass withereth, the flower fadeth: but the word of our God shall stand for ever."
*Psalm 19:7 "The law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul: the testimony of the Lord is sure, making wise the simple."

In other words god’s word is PERFECT. It cannot be change by anyone or anything. Christ, being the lowly drab that he supposedly was in which like god who in which nobody can even prove has ever existed could---not---change---god’s---laws---because---god’s---word---is---PERFECT---and---cannot---be---changed. Got it?

Summary
1. god never gave christ powers.
2. christ was a liar.
3. christ was clearly insane in ordering you to give up your families in which no sane person would ---ever--- do unless there’s severe abuse in the hut.
4. christ orders you to give up ALL of your possessions in which sorry, I don’t believe for a single second that any of you reading this has - and then follow him.
5. christ worked on the sabbath which required the death penalty. Yet not according to christ. But god’s laws are PERFECT. Apparently not. So god is NOT perfect.

Rules: Prove that christ was/ is worthy of being the messiah.

dsjpk5 will not be allowed to vote in the voting process.
Shoruken64

Con

1. God sent Jesus to fulfill the law which was foretold in the beginning (Genesis 3:16). Christ was meant to make everything God had promised in the Old Testament to come into fruition. (Matthew 5:17 Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them.)
2. All of these verses were taken out of context,
Matthew 16:28- Jesus was referring to his transfiguration which three disciples (Peter, James, and John) did see before their deaths.
Mark 9:1- Jesus foretold of His ascension into Heaven.
Luke 9:27- Jesus once again referred to His transfiguration
Mark 16:17-18- Jesus is talking about how God can intervene on a person's behalf if they are in a dangerous situation. This doesn't mean Christians are to be seeking this kind of danger.
John 14:13 and Mark 11:24- These verses are saying that whatever you ask, Christ will give you, but only according to His divine will. Ex. God may not want you to have that new car because He knows that with it, more sin could come out of it such as a car crash.
John 14:6- In this verse, Jesus was reaffirming His close connection with the Father. Jesus was set on fulfilling the will of God, not His own.
3. These verses are once again taken out of context.
Matt. 10: 35-37, Luke 12:51-53, Matthew 19:28-29- These I don't blame you on misinterpreting it but there is a clearly defined deeper meaning. Jesus was mainly saying that belief in His name was going to cause controversy. If we are to believe in Him, we are to love Him more than anything else. This doesn't mean we are to hate our families and tear them apart but we are to put Jesus above that which we love most.
4. Luke 14:33, Luke 18:22, Matthew 19:21, Matthew 13:22- Like #3, Jesus is merely saying that if you are to follow Him, you can't love your possessions more than Him. That doesn't mean you can't have possessions, you just can't love them more than Him.
5. The Jewish people are bound to this law because they live by a code of conduct that constantly requires work to be done to find favor. As no one can be saved by the law, they were doomed. Jesus was merely foreshadowing His work on the cross where works no longer justify you before God but through grace. The Pharisees at the time put their priority on time honored tradition rather than the Word itself thereby putting themselves over God, not Jesus. The Sabbath was yet another law that showed how weak humanity is in its current condition and how it needed a Savior which was Jesus.
6. With these contradictions proven to be false, the Bible truly is the infallible Word of God and therefore is perfect.

Summary
1. Jesus was sent to accomplish the will of the Father and did not seek His own glory
2. Christ spoke truth and only the truth.
3. Jesus wanted His followers to place priority on Heavenly things and not on temporary earthly possessions.
4. Christ wanted His followers to keep their eyes on Heavenly things and not just on the things and people they love in this life.
5. Jesus was merely fulfilling what was to come and did not violate God's law. God's Word is perfect.
backwardseden

Pro

LOOK, I"m not going to play your teeny bopper game of christianity as nearly 100% of christians are nearly 100% guilty of. And that is NOT BEING ABLE to READ. Do you know what "reading" is? You know. Words. Sentences. From right off that bat YOU CANNOT READ.

1. Matthew 5:17 was stated by jesus, NOT god. And jesus in which there was no proof for having ever existing, just like there is 0 proof for god having ever existing, WAS NOT GOD. Got it? So jesus had 0% permission to change ANY of god"s laws, rules and regulations. So the laws, rules and regulations as stated by YOUR god as stated in the OT are still in effect thus proving your christ to be false, the NT to be false and christianity to be false.

2. DO NOT E_V_E_R tell me what is being taken out of context when you a teeny bopper 16 year old has the education of an imp as clearly shown with #1. And if your screw up and badly as you did with #1 I shall give you 3 strikes and this debate will be over.
* Matthew 16:28, Mark 9:1, Luke 9:27, Did you even bother to look up the link posted and follow it? No you like nearly 100% of all christians come up with your own aphid spit and flatly invent excuses and flat out lie in order to save your sorry a$$ from your christ"s obliteration. REPEATING:"Jesus says that some of his listeners will not taste death before he comes again in his kingdom. This was said almost 2000 years ago.(Note: This passage and many others indicate that Jesus was to come again in a relatively short period of time and not just "quickly" as present day Biblicists assert. All of his listeners are now dead, yet Jesus has not come again in his kingdom. All of the alleged words of Jesus put forth in the Bible are therefore suspect.)"
That never happened. "All of his listeners are now dead," Got it? Jesus flat out lied to them and never showed up within their generation. Strike 1.

* Mark 16:17-18- "Jesus is talking about how God can intervene on a person's behalf if they are in a dangerous situation. This doesn't mean Christians are to be seeking this kind of danger." Oh absolutely 100% false. Granted it doesn"t mean that christians are seeking this type of danger, but it gives christians, in which there is no such a thing as being a christian, but those verses most certainly gives supposed christians "permission" to do as such. And god NEVER stated anything about god intervening. That"s entirely made up on your part. I"ll even give you the benefit of the doubt. You show me anywhere in your bible that shows this. It doesn"t. This was all on jesus, the false prophet, he lied, proving him to be a liar and you as well, proving jesus to be a liar and jesus to be a false messiah. Strike 2.

* "These verses are saying that whatever you ask, Christ will give you," Well you look at the verse of John 14:13 "What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them." Mark 11:24 "What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them". The verses are blatantly clear. All you have to do is pray and whatever things ye desire will come unto to you. PE-RI-OD. So your christ lied yet again and there"s no room for misinterpretation on those. None.

3. "These verses are once again taken out of context." Um nope. And really, according to what? You? How would you know? You are still in high school, obviously stuck with a high school edumacation. And if you could be able to back up what you have stated, you most certainly would have. So why haven't you? Its because you can't. And you know it. You guess. You invent excuses.You flat out lie to gain acceptance which never works especially to someone who knows better. And believe me, I do know a lot better, by far, especially in comparison to the drivel that you feed me. And what you feed me is such pure unproven crap, completely lacking any evidence whatsoever poppycock.
* Matt. 10: 35-37, Luke 12:51-53, Matthew 19:28-29- "These I don't blame you on misinterpreting" Who are you to blame me on anything when you clearly don"t know what you are talking about. AND you do not have the ability to take YOUR jesus at his word. Sorry I interpret correctly. You don"t. And those verses are blatantly clear. You MUST hate your family and follow him. I truly hate it when supposed christians like you go off into la la land and actually pretend that they actually know what they are squawking about when they really don"t and they thus have to invent excuses and flat out lie in order for them to flat out make their jesus AND god look shinier than a pinball machine when in fact they like you, guess. Here"s a video to help you out in which is irrefutable" http://www.youtube.com... - Why Does Every Intelligent christian disobey jesus?
"This doesn't mean we are to hate our families and tear them apart " Well then you do not pay any attention to your jesus and you are not a true christian. "but we are to put Jesus above that which we love most." Well you know what that shows according to you? It shows that this completely unproven jesus of only YOURS, not mine, so drop the "we" crap because that"s declaring war on me, it shows that this jesus of YOURS has a superior truly selfish ego complex which by that easy simpleton reasoning means ha cannot be giving nor loving and means he is not in any way worth worshiping. Well regardless even by your tongue swallowing diphtheria interpretations in which shows you do not have the credibility, integrity nor ability to interpret, so you shouldn"t be doing it, when according to you when your jesus is ordering you to put himself above you family that STILL showing that this jesus was quite insane because in no possible way should you even do as such. Your family and friends ARE ALWAYS the first in YOUR life, no exceptions, none unless there is severe abuse. AND even worse this jesus character expects you to follow him. Oh really? To where? To air. I get it. And to what especially considering the fact to an ---unproved--- jesus. But if there is severe abuse, regardless, that"s knowingly caused by your god nevertheless. So YOU are taking the verses out of context with utter lack of mindset on anything that requires sanity.

4. Luke 14:33, Luke 18:22, Matthew 19:21, Matthew 13:22- Like #3, "Jesus is merely saying that if you are to follow Him, you can't love your possessions more than Him." Ab-so-lu-te-ly not. He"s telling to to get rid of ALL OF THEM and then to follow him. Can"t you READ? "That doesn't mean you can't have possessions," Oh it most certainly does. "you just can't love them more than Him." Well you do otherwise you would have given up ALL OF YOUR POSSESSIONS and followed him, just like giving up your family and followed him.

5. OK I"m done. Strike 3. You go back and reread, in which you clearly didn"t read any of it, as to what was stated in RD1 in which is correct thus proving you to be 100% wrong with your total inability to interpret correctly. Bye.
Shoruken64

Con

The only reason you seem to be using this site is to demean those whose values differentiate from yours. The more trash talk and demeaning language you use (which there is a lot of), the more faulty your argument looks so try to look out for that. I will still continue this debate even though your etiquette leaves something to be desired.

1. There is a bountiful amount of evidence besides the Bible that points to Jesus' existence. For example, Flavius Josephus was one of the most important Jewish historians. Some of his writings included that of Jesus. Here is an excerpt from one of his writings: "Now there was about this time Jesus, a wise man, if it be lawful to call him a man. For he was one who wrought surprising feats....He was [the] Christ...he appeared to them alive again the third day, as the divine prophets had foretold these and ten thousand other wonderful things concerning him." One version reads, "At this time there was a wise man named Jesus. His conduct was good and [he] was known to be virtuous. And many people from among the Jews and the other nations became his disciples. Pilate condemned him to be crucified and to die. But those who became his disciples did not abandon his discipleship. They reported that he had appeared to them three days after his crucifixion, and that he was alive; accordingly he was perhaps the Messiah, concerning whom the prophets have recounted wonders."
Lucian was also a Greek writer who quoted Jesus in his writings.
https://www.gotquestions.org...

2. Bible translations come in all shapes and sizes. Older versions use words and phrases from an older language making much harder for people in the modern world to understand. One of the most literal translations is that of the New Living Translation which translates the Bible from old translations to new ones that the modern world can understand. For example, Mark 9:1 originally stated that they would not die until they saw the kingdom. In the NLT translation, the same verse states that they would not see death until the kingdom arrived. The kingdom arrived before them during Jesus' transfiguration on the mount.
http://www.apbrown2.net...

3. With the case of throwing away all of your possessions, you have to look into the context from which the verse comes from. Matthew 19:16-22 gives the full account. There was a wealthy man who wished to enter the kingdom of God and inquired upon Jesus how it was to be done. Jesus replied that all the commandments were to be followed. The man stated that he had since birth. This right here is preposterous as no ordinary human can keep all of God's commandments. Jesus knew he was lying so He gave him a test which forced him to give al of his possessions to the poor. Due to how much he had he couldn't do it and was therefore proven wrong by Jesus.

I have a question for you. It appears that you are a pretty rigid atheist. With faith in the fact you belief that there is no God, do you hope that you are right?

I hope we can continue this debate and avoid the needless name-calling in your next response.
backwardseden

Pro

"The only reason you seem to be using this site is to demean those whose values differentiate from yours." 100% false because if you look, I"ve actually made some friends here if you were to examine my profile. What I hope for is an intelligent edumacated conversation from someone, anyone in which you teeny boppers don"t have because you have to invent your own pathetic excuses without evidence AT ALL to back up your own frail and fragile arguments which are false and stand on stumbling stilts.
Demeaning? Hey you demean me when you stumble your furry tongue in here, without evidence for something in which you claim to have knowledge upon and you really don"t and yet you pretend you do, and because you don"t, you make up excuses for it and or flat out lie to make your positioning seem brighter and more effective. Super duper bad idea. Especially to those that know better. And I do know better. A lot better. And when that happens I have every right to demean, humiliate, degrade, and dehumanize you. This is something you will learn in college should you get that far. And if you pull that crap on your teachers = instant F. If you pull that crap to your friends and loved ones = no genuine friends and loved ones in a hurry. Actually it makes your argument look vile and weak, in which it snuggles up to the nuclear war while you are snoozing.

Now the only reason why I am continuing with this debate is because the link I posted, failed. So its my fault and I apologize for that. So let"s see what you"ve got this time around. Same rules, 3 strikes and you are out and I will not even bother.

1. "There is a bountiful amount of evidence besides the Bible that points to Jesus' existence." There is no evidence. Here"s some videos to prove it which are light years above anything that you can produce in which knows one helluva lot better than you. And this is for beginners.
http://www.youtube.com... - jesus wasn"t jesus (Aron Ra)
http://www.youtube.com... - The True Core of the jesus Myth (Christopher Hitchens)
http://www.youtube.com... - Did jesus Exist?
http://www.youtube.com... - Why christianity is Unreasonable
http://www.youtube.com... - Biggest Lie - The forth gospel ("The first striking revision in the 4th gospel is that the ministry of jesus has ballooned out from from one year to three. The writers not only make a reference not only from one but to three distinct passover festivals. Now was this just a tradition that some early christians held to a three year ministry and others to a one year ministry? Can anyone honestly maintain that whole dialogues could be remembered word for word for many decades and yet believers have no common agreement whether these words were said during one year or during three years?") Um duh. Do you REALLY THINK jesus existed?
http://www.youtube.com... - The Gospel According to Carrier (Richard Carrier states jesus may have possibly existed, but scrap all the mythology)
http://www.youtube.com... - Proving the Historicity of Jesus? Tracie and David
http://www.youtube.com... - Stephanie Thomason vs Matt Dillahunty, or how not to debate an Atheist! (skip to the 7:00 mark!!!)
"For example, Flavius Josephus"" I looked him up under wikipedia and under wikipedia and scrolling on down to where you would figure would be the best subject area to look for information "Manuscripts, textual criticism, and editions" there"s no mentioning of jesus at all.
"Now there was about this time Jesus, a wise man, if it be lawful to call him a man. For he was one who wrought surprising feats....He was [the] Christ...he appeared to them... " Well that"s enough of that. Its a hand me down of ruffange, in which is only a myth handed down BY MEMORY and memory is ---always--- no exceptions, none, unreliable. And who verified the so-called "rising"? That"s just like saying that I"m going to show up at your door tomorrow and tell you that I am Noah and that the world will be flooding for the second time and you"d better hop on board my Chicago sized ark, or drown. Naturally you"d believe it because YOU are amazingly so gullible, just like they were. In other words, there no proof whatsoever that the rising ever happened. So why should ANYBODY ever believe it? Somebody saw jesus rise? Who? Should we or anyone take hem at what they ACTUALLY saw in what could have easily been a wind blow? Notice how ALL claimed miracles since the 1900"s have been debunked. ALL OF THEM. And with time continuing those claims of miracles have been drastically declining. Why? Because of technology. We"ve now got cameras, and technology that can show that miracles do not occur.

2. "Bible translations come in all shapes and sizes." Yes they do and YOUR god if reasonably intelligent, and he"s not would ---never--- rely on text as a source of communication, the worst form of communication possible. Period.
"Older versions use words and phrases from an older language making much harder for people in the modern world to understand." And this god of yours would trash them all.

"One of the most literal translations is that of the New Living Translation"" Its an abomination. What about the Swahili version? How do you know that its version is not ba vetter translation. These few paragraphs and three videos will help you"
http://www.youtube.com... - Christians don't understand the character of God
"If god is all knowing and he knows the future of all events and he wrote a book that can only be interpreted as if it endorses slavery and if its heinous violence against your children against your neighbors" how could a god be that omnipotent and devise a book where we can"t distinguish between the law of Israel and god"s law? I mean their interwoven where we have metaphor and fact and nobody can distinguish the two. We don"t know what we"re supposed to take figuratively. We don"t know what we"re supposed to take literally. Was it actually a tree? I mean come on. How can anyone distinguish this. I mean come on. It doesn"t make any sense. It doesn"t matter how its translated. It doesn"t matter what version. If it was written by an omnipotent being there would be ONE VERSION. And there would be only ONE WAY to interpret it because it would be written well." Aron Ra
Actually it wouldn"t be written at all. What"s wrong with your god comin" down and talking to people? "Hey you know some of that stuff that"s in the book? I"m here to correct it." Matt Dillahunty

http://www.youtube.com... -The god that christians believe in is amazingly STUPID!!!!"We have to rely on copies of copies of anonymous authors with no originals and the textural testimony to a miracle for example, there"s no amount of reports, anecdotal reports that is sufficient to justify in believing that actually happened as reported. And anything that would qualify as a god would clearly understand this and if it wanted to clearly convey this to people in a way that is believable would not be relying on ---TEXT--- to do so. And this to me is the nail in the coffin for christianity. The god that christians believe in is amazingly ---STUPID---!!! If it actually wants to achieve its goal by spreading its word to humanity by relying on text, by relying on languages that die off, by relying on anecdotal testimony, that"s not a pathway to truth. And anything that would qualify for a god would know this.which shows either god does not exist or doesn"t care enough about the people to understand the nature of evidence to actually present it. Now which of those two possibilities is accurate?" Matt Dillahunty

http://www.youtube.com... Atheist Experience 21:49 with Tracie Harris zand Don Baker
Call starts at approx 47:30. Picks up after a long introduction 54:45 and really gets into it 1:03:30 - 1:11:30. Pay attention everybody to vidie #2 and how YOU as a christian can easily misinterpret YOUR bible which is one of the reasons why YOUR god would --- NEVER --- use text as a form of communication. Don Baker, one of the hosts here in the vidie also briefly mentions it. And he's 100% correct!

3. "Jesus replied that all the commandments were to be followed." Well jesus himself didn"t follow all the commandments. And he did whatever the f--k he wanted, not truly helping anybody, not healing the sick (as the videos CLEARLY SHOW), but was in it, just like his god in which you have 0 proof for both of them even existing, for his own sad, frail, fragile self righteous self centered superior ego complex. He broke the sabbath which should have gotten him the death warrant which IS one of the 10 commandments in which his god did not give him powers to break or change. That"s a megajoule strike 1 thus making this jesus according to you a true contradictory hypocrite.

"With faith in the fact you belief that there is no God, do you hope that you are right?" No, I 100% know I"m right. Faith is not involved. Faith like your bible is not evidence. "Faith is the reason people give when they don"t have evidence." Matt Dillahunty and you don"t have any evidence.

Well this RD was a lot better than the previous. So let"s see where it leads" BRING IN SOME EVIDENCE, not excuses, nor gullibility. K? That"s how you lose your friends and loved ones ---very quickly--- and in life as well.
Shoruken64

Con

1. Obviously, you did not look at the page for very long as if you were to scroll down, you would have seen his article written on the Jews and Christ Himself. Secondly, why are you using Wikipedia? Wikipedia is a very discreditable source and is very hard to be taken all to seriously in a debate. Since you like it so much, I found the page on Wikipedia that has written all about it. If that still is not enough proof for the existence of Jesus, here is the original manuscript as well.
https://en.wikipedia.org...
http://cdn.biblicalarchaeology.org...

2. What would you prefer He do?

3. I have shown you multiple references to evidences to Jesus' existence including the original manuscript of Flavius Josephus of whom which is a non-believer just like yourself. Jesus also never broke any of the commandments. The Pharisees had twisted the law so much as it was no longer God's law but their law. Their law for that was also unbacked by God which gave Jesus the "permission" as you say to do just that. You have only given me evidence from atheist videos and atheist endorsed websites. Give me something that undoubtedly repudiates the existence of God and then I'll look into that and not have to listen to the same spiel that these videos repeatedly give.

With regards to the answer to my question, what makes you think that you have all of the knowledge on this subject? All you have shown me is hostility and arrogance towards my own beliefs. Wouldn't an all-knowing person like yourself want to spread this wisdom and thoughtful advice graciously rather than attack those whose views differ from yours? Also I have never once brought in an excuse. We both lay down what we see differently as fact and convince the other side how we are wrong. That is a debate. It's not an event where you solely prove me wrong. It's a give and take factor. For someone as smart as you, that shows a lot of arrogance.
backwardseden

Pro

OK I"m ending this. Its very clear that you like the very typical christian cannot handle ANY true evidence, especially when slapped in the face with it. Did you even look at the videos? No obviously not. That is so apparently not. Did you even pay any attention whatsoever that no idiot god of YOURS would NEVER rely on text as a form of communication, the worst form of communication possible? No you did not. Did you even pay any attention whatsoever to the absolute fact that YOUR jesus broke one of the 10 commandments which was he broke the sabbath which IS ONE OF THE 10 COMMANDMENTS AND IS PUNISHABLE BY DEATH IF BROKEN which shows that you know 0% about your fricken god and bible in the first place.
Exodus 31: 13-15 "13 Speak thou also unto the children of Israel, saying, Verily my sabbaths ye shall keep: for it is a sign between me and you throughout your generations; that ye may know that I am the Lord that doth sanctify you. 14 Ye shall keep the sabbath therefore; for it is holy unto you: every one that defileth it shall surely be put to death: for whosoever doeth any work therein, that soul shall be cut off from among his people. 15 Six days may work be done; but in the seventh is the sabbath of rest, holy to the Lord: whosoever doeth any work in the sabbath day, he shall surely be put to death."
Numbers 15: 32-36 "32 And while the children of Israel were in the wilderness, they found a man that gathered sticks upon the sabbath day. 33 And they that found him gathering sticks brought him unto Moses and Aaron, and unto all the congregation. 34 And they put him in ward, because it was not declared what should be done to him.35 And the Lord said unto Moses, The man shall be surely put to death: all the congregation shall stone him with stones without the camp. 36 And all the congregation brought him without the camp, and stoned him with stones, and he died; as the Lord commanded Moses."

Jesus working on the sabbath Mark 3: 1-6 "And he entered again into the synagogue; and there was a man there which had a withered hand. 2 And they watched him, whether he would heal him on the sabbath day; hat they might accuse him. 3 And he saith unto the man which had the withered hand, Stand forth. 4 And he saith unto them, Is it lawful to do good on the sabbath days, or to do evil? to save life, or to kill? But they held their peace. 5 And when he had looked round about on them with anger, being grieved for the hardness of their hearts, he saith unto the man, Stretch forth thine hand. And he stretched it out: and his hand was restored whole as the other. 6 And the Pharisees went forth, and straightway took counsel with the Herodians against him, how they might destroy him." Well gee with the Pharisees and Herodians I can"t imagine why? Duh.

This one is extra special John 5:18 "18 Therefore the Jews sought the more to kill him, because he not only had broken the sabbath, but said also that God was his Father, making himself equal with God." Well the jews had every right to kill your jesus. Your jesus broke the sabbath when he worked on it several fricken times in which required the death penalty by YOUR GOD, NO EXCEPTIONS, NONE, and YOUR jesus WAS NOT GOD so he did not have ANY powers to change ANY of YOUR god"s laws so YOUR jesus should have been put-to-death. NO CHRISTIAN EXCUSES.This jesus of YOURS cannot automatically state POOF I"m god. That"s gullibility at its finest and you so-called christians swallow it whole with no proof nor evidence whatsoever to support any claims you have.

This debate is now over. I truly hate teeny boppers like you as previously stated, especially when they cannot examine point blank evidence that shoots down EVERYTHING they know or think they know or believe in their tiny little corners about their nothingness god and jesus who truly hates children, and you are a child, prefers suffering pain and evil, and no supreme deities would ever have super super superior ego complexes. They with all of their anger, wrath, evil, vengeance, rage, fury jealousy all in which your god has freely admitted to having and again no supreme deity would ever have, and he"s never admitted to having peace, harmony, love, care for others except for his chosen people and f--k the rest but only under his guidelines and you cannot commit adultery, be gay, curse at your parents, work on the sabbath, or its the death penalty and all of those emotions were passed down to man so in turn man could learn to hate. Yep even since YOUR god"s inception there"s been at least 1 billion dean all in his supposed "good" name on the battlefields alone. And to top it off, your christ is the most fought after figure in history. Great going god and christ. Great going you for believing in them. So do not dare preach to me in any way of your christ"s or god"s "love" when first you have no concept of the word, nor can you prove that they even exist. And even better, under their guidelines" when has there ---ever--- been peace? Sorry its only been turmoil.

I don"t have all the knowledge on the subject. Not by a long-shot. But I have a lot more than you ---ever--- will. I hate YOUR god. In fact its the only thing in this world I hate. And no one can even prove he even exists. Its the mere belief in this god of yours that causes power, then fear then control. And in this book of yours named then bible, the god in it truly hates children and knowingly causes their pain and suffering which is unacceptable. And people believe it which causes terror among families which causes them to lay blame on god and terrorize their children by the millions every year. "This is what the bible says, I have permission, it MUST be true." without a single inkling of what is right or wrong.

I just got into a debate and I ended it immediately after the guy who was totally brainwashed by YOUR god who 100% states that you should be put to death if you are gay, break the sabbath, commit adultery, curse at your parents and whatever insane stupid law that YOUR printed god only came up with, in which are insane laws that nobody who is sane would ever agree with. Here"s some more videos for you to look at. Nah you will not look at them either.
http://www.youtube.com... - Why Does Every Intelligent christian disobey jesus?
http://www.youtube.com... - top 10 reasons why the bible is repulsive

I leave you now with Exodus 34:14 "For thou shalt worship no other god: for the LORD, whose name is Jealous, is a jealous God:" Nothing more need be said.

Bye.
Shoruken64

Con

How can you hate something that doesn't exist?
backwardseden

Pro

Why is it especially that so-called christians CAN'T READ? And why don't you also watch the video's also. They are created by atheists who most certainly hate both your god and jesus. Pathetic.
Shoruken64

Con

I have watched your videos and it's obvious that they all hate God and Jesus. But that's just it. We're debating over whether Christ was the Messiah, not on who hates the other argument more. No joke, you are obviously a very smart person and I'm glad to have debated with you. You really have a lot of facts to give and that's a good sign as you know what you're talking about. Although I still disagree with you, I'm glad we got to do this. Hope to talk with you again soon.
(P.S. Whether you like it or not, I'll pray for you) :)
Posted by backwardseden 3 years ago
backwardseden
@Just-Call-Me-PK - yeah and he lied. He produced no evidence, just as there's no evidence for him even existing, and even with what the bible states, an unproven text, in which no god of the bible would ever use as a form of communication, this proves jesus to be a false messiah.
Posted by Just-Call-Me-PK 3 years ago
Just-Call-Me-PK
Jesus never claimed to be a prophet he claimed to be God, that"s why he was crucified.