backwardseden
somerandomvideocreator

christ was a false prophet, he lied, was clearly insane, and was not the messiah, so why believe?

backwardseden

Pro

There are many on this planet who claim of themselves to christians. But in reality its nearly a 100% true impossibility. This is true for several reasons....

1. god never appointed this travesty named jesus as the messiah and thus gave him super duper powers to change his laws. god never stated anywhere in his bible something to the effect of "I the lord thy god grants jesus the power to change my laws, rules and regulations." The fact of the matter is, is that it doesn't exist anywhere. But in truth I hope that you find it, because then that would mean that your god has appointed a well known liar. And if god is god, this supposed god would know that this jesus would lie. AND he would also know that this jesus would point blank do it several times.

2. jesus flat out lied SEVERAL TIMES in the printed bible which is most certainly not becoming of any messiah.
Matthew 16:28 “Verily I say unto you, There be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the Son of man coming in his kingdom.”
* Mark 9:1 “And he said unto them, Verily I say unto you, That there be some of them that stand here, which shall not taste of death, till they have seen the kingdom of God come with power.”
* Luke 9:27 “But I tell you of a truth, there be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the kingdom of God.
Taken from https://infidels.org...;- Fatal Bible Flaws?
“Jesus says that some of his listeners will not taste death before he comes again in his kingdom. This was said almost 2000 years ago.
(Note: This passage and many others indicate that Jesus was to come again in a relatively short period of time and not just "quickly" as present day Biblicists assert. All of his listeners are now dead, yet Jesus has not come again in his kingdom. All of the alleged words of Jesus put forth in the Bible are therefore suspect.)”
* Mark 16: 17-18 “17 “And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;18 They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.”
Well gosh golly gee gosh darned it all, how many have YOU personally witnessed who have survived who can drink a snake’s poison and survive? “A believer can handle snakes or drink poison and not experience any harm.
(Note: Many unfortunate believers have died as a result of handling snakes and/or drinking poison; this kind of assertion negates the Bible as a useful guidebook for life. It should also be noted that the oldest manuscripts of Mark end at MK 16:8; as the footnotes to The New Oxford Annotated Bible put it, verses 9-20 cannot have been part of the original text of Mark.)” Yes Your bible says this. So be the klutz of the year and follow this and see where it get you!!! Why DEAD of course!!!
* Mark 11:24 “Therefore I say unto you, What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them.”
* John 14:13 “And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.”
Yep yep yeppers so go right ahead and pray for that golden rolls royce and for it to show up at tomorrow’s b-day only to see that it will never show up. Pray for that annoying skyscraper to be pounded to dust because it is blocking your view, only to see that it will never happen, pray for the sun to go supernova because you are a sick individual and you want to see the world end only to see that it will never happe. Oh yes pray for ANYTHING in jesus’s name and expect to get it because that’s EXACTLY what YOUR bible says. Yeah Its all oe big brownshoed lie by your friend and el grando nursery rhyme character jesus christ.
* John 14:6 “Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.”
There, jesus self appointed himself to be the messiah in which god, his commander in chief gave him no permission to do as such, thus that’s a lie. Even so, billions who do not believe in this christianity maggoty religion without cause should take that offensive posturing very seriously. And, well let’s put it this way, christ is the most fought after figure in history. So again, why believe? And even better yet, billions are convinced that their religion is correct and not this christ *yawn* crap. So they, ab-so-lu-te-ly would consider christianity with that one verse to be a true rolly polly cookie batter up box sweet HUGE lie and rightly so as there’s NOTHING, no EVIDENCE to support anything for christ.

3. Suppose christ existed, he was clearly insane. Yeah christ had great family values with these statements “abandon your families, give away all your possessions, follow me:
Matthew 10: 35-37 “For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law. 36 And a man's foes shall be they of his own household. 37 He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me.”
* Luke 12 51-53 “Suppose ye that I am come to give peace on earth? I tell you, Nay; but rather division: 52 For from henceforth there shall be five in one house divided, three against two, and two against three. 53 The father shall be divided against the son, and the son against the father; the mother against the daughter, and the daughter against the mother; the mother in law against her daughter in law, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.”
* Matthew 19: 28-29 “28 And Jesus said unto them, Verily I say unto you, That ye which have followed me, in the regeneration when the Son of man shall sit in the throne of his glory, ye also shall sit upon twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel. 29 And every one that hath forsaken houses, or brethren, or sisters, or father, or mother, or wife, or children, or lands, for my name's sake, shall receive an hundredfold, and shall inherit everlasting life.”
Are you kidding any overbaked goose liver from the upper level of the checkbook unchecked brain left on loose change control? NOBODY, 0% of this planet’s population is going to give up their families and “follow” christ, well follow him where in the first place - to air? And give up your families, well that’d only be true if there was severe stunted abuse.

4. And then give up ALL of your possessions? That’s right ALL of them in which you reading this have---not---done unless you are reading this from another computer console outside of your home or not using your gadget phone in which is highly suspect and very unlikely.
* Luke 14:33 “So likewise, whosoever he be of you that forsaketh not all that he hath, he cannot be my disciple.”
* Luke 18:22 “Now when Jesus heard these things, he said unto him, Yet lackest thou one thing: sell all that thou hast, and distribute unto the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come, follow me.””
* Matthew 19:21 “21 Jesus said unto him, If thou wilt be perfect, go and sell that thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come and follow me.”
* Matthew 13: 22 “22 He also that received seed among the thorns is he that heareth the word; and the care of this world, and the deceitfulness of riches, choke the word, and he becometh unfruitful.”

5. And to top it off your christ broke some of god’s laws such as working on the sabbath which was punishable by death. But nah not to this statuesque christ figure who did indeed worked on the sabbath which p**sed off the jews. Even to this day orthodox jews get REALLY upset when others break that code of working on the sabbath. Jesus working on the sabbath? Are you kidding like your glove box compartment tightening?
* Luke 13:14 “And the ruler of the synagogue answered with indignation, because that Jesus had healed on the sabbath day, and said unto the people, There are six days in which men ought to work: in them therefore come and be healed, and not on the sabbath day.
* Mark 3: 1-6 “And he entered again into the synagogue; and there was a man there which had a withered hand. 2 And they watched him, whether he would heal him on the sabbath day; that they might accuse him. 3 And he saith unto the man which had the withered hand, Stand forth. 4 And he saith unto them, Is it lawful to do good on the sabbath days, or to do evil? to save life, or to kill? But they held their peace. 5 And when he had looked round about on them with anger, being grieved for the hardness of their hearts, he saith unto the man, Stretch forth thine hand. And he stretched it out: and his hand was restored whole as the other. 6 And the Pharisees went forth, and straightway took counsel with the Herodians against him, how they might destroy him.
* Matthew 12: 1-2 At that time Jesus went on the sabbath day through the corn; and his disciples were an hungred, and began to pluck the ears of corn and to eat. 2 But when the Pharisees saw it, they said unto him, Behold, thy disciples do that which is not lawful to do upon the sabbath day.
* Mark 2: 23-24 “”And it came to pass, that he went through the corn fields on the sabbath day; and his disciples began, as they went, to pluck the ears of corn. 24 And the Pharisees said unto him, Behold, why do they on the sabbath day that which is not lawful?
I mean really who did this make believe christ fellow think he was?

* John 5:18 “Therefore the Jews sought the more to kill him, because he not only had broken the sabbath, but said also that God was his Father, making himself equal with God.”

Now here’s how things truly are in the world of god, christ’s superior. god wants you to die in his bible if you break the sabbath EX 31:14, NU 15: 32-36

Now pay attention closely:
*2 Timothy 3:16 "All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:"
*Proverbs 30:5 "Every word of God is pure: he is a shield unto them that put their trust in him."
*Isaiah 40:8 "The grass withereth, the flower fadeth: but the word of our God shall stand for ever."
*Psalm 19:7 "The law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul: the testimony of the Lord is sure, making wise the simple."

In other words god’s word is PERFECT. It cannot be change by anyone or anything. Christ, being the lowly drab that he supposedly was in which like god who in which nobody can even prove has ever existed could---not---change---god’s---laws---because---god’s---word---is---PERFECT---and---cannot---be---changed. Got it?

Summary
1. god never gave christ powers.
2. christ was a liar.
3. christ was clearly insane in ordering you to give up your families in which no sane person would ---ever--- do unless there’s severe abuse in the hut.
4. christ orders you to give up ALL of your possessions in which sorry, I don’t believe for a single second that any of you reading this has - and then follow him.
5. christ worked on the sabbath which required the death penalty. Yet not according to christ. But god’s laws are PERFECT. Apparently not. So god is NOT perfect.

Rules: Prove that christ was/ is worthy of being the messiah.

dsjpk5 will not be allowed to vote in the voting process.
somerandomvideocreator

Con

1. Matthew 5:17 "Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them." (NIV). He did not change the laws, but fulfill them.

2. Jesus did not lie. I will admit that if Jesus lied, he would not be the Messiah. However, remember what exactly it says, "till they have seen the kingdom of God." What does that mean? It probably refers to the Transfiguration of Christ. And remember Paul. He got bitten by a snake, yet survived. And the Bible does not command anyone to handle snakes or drink poison, let's be clear on that. It means that God will protect you even from death. If he commands you to handle snakes and drink poison and says that you are going to be fine, you can trust that you are going to be fine. And what does "whatsoever" mean. As https://www.desiringgod.org... states, you can say to a guest, "You can eat whatever I have." and still not be okay with your guest eating your bed. "Whatever" doesn't mean no-restrictions whatever.

3. These verses refer to the inevitable friction that will occur between atheists and Christians in the family, and says that God must be our top priority, even above our family. If God tells you to go, but your wife doesn't want you to, listen to God.

4. We must put God above possessions, recognizing that all that we have belongs to God, so we must be willing to give all that we have up to God's use. God gives us possessions to use it for his glory.

5. Jesus cares more about healing than about keeping the Sabbath. It's like breaking the speed limit to get someone to the nearest hospital.
backwardseden

Pro

I truly hate teeny bopper supposed christians who CAN’T READ who don’t drink their moo juice before they go off to their big big big high school to get an obvious lack-there-of edumacation while dreaming of noodle ride em up up ride em out rat hyde with little tiny lasso’s to get their smarts in their cabbage batbrains.

1. Read what was printed, then get back to me. You lose.

2. Absolutely jesus lied, but then again you cannot even prove he even existed. “I will admit that if Jesus lied, he would not be the Messiah.” OK I am going to hold you to that and because you are a teeny bopper and cannot READ and pay attention to EXACTLY was is printed, I will end this debate after this.

“However, remember what exactly it says, "till they have seen the kingdom of God."” That’s NOT the issue. But see you CAN’T read. Now let’s pay attention to what IS the issue and I’m going to post what was printed from The Secular web (sorry the link failed but you could have gone to the website on your own regardless) and then we shall go from there, K? Good.
Repeating since YOU CAN’T READ and since it flew right over your patty cake cow chirp soggy sponge yoga tired yodeling grunge country opera brain…
MT 16:28, MK 9:1, LK 9:27 Jesus says that some of his listeners will not taste death before he comes again in his kingdom. This was said almost 2000 years ago.

(Note: This passage and many others indicate that Jesus was to come again in a relatively short period of time and not just "quickly" as present day Biblicists assert. All of his listeners are now dead, yet Jesus has not come again in his kingdom. All of the alleged words of Jesus put forth in the Bible are therefore suspect.)
Now let’s take Luke 9:27 “But I tell you of a truth, there be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the kingdom of God.”
Mmmm K. “there be some standing here, which shall not taste of death” Well they DID TASTE THE FACE OF DEATH before jesus, well he NEVER returned within their lifetimes. jesus flat out lied. Quoting from the piece “All of his listeners are now dead”. Got it? Its not that hard. And you have 0 outs. So according to you, jesus IS NOT the messiah.

This debate is now over. Bye.

somerandomvideocreator

Con

What are you even saying for point 1?

And what does the Bible verse say? That Jesus would return before they die or that they would see the kingdom of God before they die?

https://www.ligonier.org...
It is more likely that it is talking about some other event, not Christ's second coming as you say. After all, it could refer to the transfiguration (one of the more common interpretations), Jesus's resurrection, Pentecost, or the destruction of Jerusalem.
backwardseden

Pro

I can't help you. Its been fully explained to literal death. And remember your god would not rely on text in the first place, the worst form of communication possible so that there would be all this confusion - period. No, the bible is not evidence of any kind when this god of yours in which you cannot even prove even exists, would simply come on down here and talk to us as an example. Now that's evidence. The bible is trash.
somerandomvideocreator

Con

From your Round 3 post, it looks like all you are saying is:

1) God would not rely on text.
2) We cannot prove that the Christian God exists.

1)
This may help: https://www.biblword.net...
But basically, God can communicate in various ways. Text is useful because it can be easily transmitted from one person to another, but one flaw is that it can be misinterpreted.

2)
You can check out a few websites:
https://www.desiringgod.org...
https://billygraham.org...

But here is some quick evidence for the resurrection.
The disciples who were following Jesus, if they were to spread the news about the resurrection were either:
A) the biggest liars in history
B) sincerely mistaken
C) honestly accurate

Option A can be eliminated (because who would endure persecution and death to preach a lie).
Option B requires more thought. There are many options, but if you mention one, I could probably prove it false.

That leaves Option C, the only remaining option. If you can think of another option, tell me.
backwardseden

Pro

I truly hate it when teeny boppers like you have to flatly invent excuses from something in which they clearly know nothing about and yet they pretend that they do. Its why you have no knowledge pertaining to this subject. Its also why you have no genuine friends or loved ones. People like you are so easy to sniff out.
NOTHING is established in scripture. That"s because the christian god, if remotely intelligent in which he is clearly not, would never use text as a source of communication, the worst form of communication possible so everybody can get it wrong. There"s translations upon translations upon translations upon translations upon copies upon copies upon copies upon copies upon dead languages upon dead langanguages with absolutely 0% of a chance to trance it back to the original. So absolutely nobody knows if they are interpreting correctly.

http://www.youtube.com... - Christians don't understand the character of God
"If god is all knowing and he knows the future of all events and he wrote a book that can only be interpreted as if it endorses slavery and if its heinous violence against your children against your neighbors" how could a god be that omnipotent and devise a book where we can"t distinguish between the law of Israel and god"s law? I mean their interwoven where we have metaphor and fact and nobody can distinguish the two. We don"t know what we"re supposed to take figuratively. We don"t know what we"re supposed to take literally. Was it actually a tree? I mean come on. How can anyone distinguish this. I mean come on. It doesn"t make any sense. It doesn"t matter how its translated. It doesn"t matter what version. If it was written by an omnipotent being there would be ONE VERSION. And there would be only ONE WAY to interpret it because it would be written well." Aron Ra
Actually it wouldn"t be written at all. What"s wrong with your god comin" down and talking to people? "Hey you know some of that stuff that"s in the book? I"m here to correct it." Matt Dillahunty

http://www.youtube.com... -The god that christians believe in is amazingly STUPID!!!!"We have to rely on copies of copies of anonymous authors with no originals and the textural testimony to a miracle for example, there"s no amount of reports, anecdotal reports that is sufficient to justify in believing that actually happened as reported. And anything that would qualify as a god would clearly understand this and if it wanted to clearly convey this to people in a way that is believable would not be relying on ---TEXT--- to do so. And this to me is the nail in the coffin for christianity. The god that christians believe in is amazingly ---STUPID---!!! If it actually wants to achieve its goal by spreading its word to humanity by relying on text, by relying on languages that die off, by relying on anecdotal testimony, that"s not a pathway to truth. And anything that would qualify for a god would know this.which shows either god does not exist or doesn"t care enough about the people to understand the nature of evidence to actually present it. Now which of those two possibilities is accurate?" Matt Dillahunty

"If jesus and Muhammad and abraham and moses had never been born, which in any case I tend to dabble, if all their stories were untrue were suddenly found and everyone had to admit it some people I know would show panic. Now what would we do? We"d have no morals suddenly. What could be more nonsensical than that? As the matter of fact the position that we occupy would---be---precisely---the---same as it is now if none of these texts had ever been written, as if none of these lacerations had ever been made. We would still have to reason together about how how to treat one another, about how to build a just city, and about how to have irony and a sense of humor." Christopher Hitchens

http://www.youtube.com... Atheist Experience 21:49 with Tracie Harris zand Don Baker
Call starts at approx 47:30. Picks up after a long introduction 54:45 and really gets into it 1:03:30 - 1:11:30. Pay attention everybody to vidie #2 and how YOU as a christian can easily misinterpret YOUR bible which is one of the reasons why YOUR god would --- NEVER --- use text as a form of communication. Don Baker, one of the hosts here in the vidie also briefly mentions it. And he's 100% correct!

"2) We cannot prove that the Christian God exists." No. NOBODY can prove YOUR god exists. You don't even know that there's at least 30,000 denominations of christianity. Google it. In other words, christianity has NO CONSENSUS.

A) the biggest liars in history
B) sincerely mistaken
C) honestly accurate

Or lets try couldn't read or write and memory is amazing unreliable. And being passed down AFTER christ was DEAD doesn't work at all for anyone who knows anything about anything.
Or how's about the best one yet. There's no proof for christ having ever existed. Have fun with these vidies to put your brain in a hamster sling.
http://www.youtube.com... - jesus wasn"t jesus (Aron Ra)
http://www.youtube.com... - The True Core of the jesus Myth (Christopher Hitchens)
http://www.youtube.com... - Did jesus Exist?
http://www.youtube.com... - Why christianity is Unreasonable
http://www.youtube.com... - Biggest Lie - The fourth gospel ("The first striking revision in the 4th gospel is that the ministry of jesus has ballooned out from from one year to three. The writers not only make a reference not only from one but to three distinct passover festivals. Now was this just a tradition that some early christians held to a three year ministry and others to a one year ministry? Can anyone honestly maintain that whole dialogues could be remembered word for word for many decades and yet believers have no common agreement whether these words were said during one year or during three years?") Um duh. Do you REALLY THINK jesus existed?
http://www.youtube.com... - The Gospel According to Carrier (Richard Carrier states jesus may have possibly existed, but scrap all the mythology)
http://www.youtube.com... - Proving the Historicity of Jesus? Tracie and David
http://www.youtube.com... - Stephanie Thomason vs Matt Dillahunty, or how not to debate an Atheist! (skip to the 7:00 mark!!!) Oh this one is good and Pro is the caller with his furry tongue.
http://www.youtube.com... - What did jesus do for you?

So you, as always, like the typical christian, has nothing.

Its not my fault nor problem that your cabbage batbrain is totally devoid of anything useful that is worthy of contribution for anyone much less those ingrown pubic hairs that you use to har-bore a used fun-gus to tame your lab rats from spreading rabies unto yourself.
somerandomvideocreator

Con

1) Why would you assume that there is little chance that they are interpreting it correctly? Each of the translations has been done by many people, knowledgeable in both the languages of the Bible and English. In addition, there is high similarity between the many copies of the Bible, and the differences are relatively minute.
2) So, your assumption is that clarity is always better, correct? However, even in modern English classes, figurative language is encouraged. And why would there only be one version? There are some Bible versions that are intended to appeal for younger audiences, others that are to appeal to older audiences. There are some that use antiquated language, others that do not.
3) The original texts were in an old language, so that God could reach the people of that old times, but since the times change, the Bible continues to need to change to new, more modern languages.
4) Remember, the most important thing is to not put your expectations onto God. God most likely chooses not to reveal himself directly because he wants to allow for faith.
5) If you were God, how would you communicate?
6) There are many denominations of Christianity, but there are also many types of cars, and many different types of TVs. But there is a similarity between all of these cars and all of these TVs. All cars are automobiles, intended to get us from one place to another. Likewise, all Christians believe in the same God. Therefore, it is inaccurate to say that Christianity has no consensus, and neither is it accurate to say that cars are entirely different from one another.

Here are my additions on some of the videos:
Biggest Lie - the 4th Gospel
We shouldn't expect the four gospels to be exactly the same, clearly, because each author has their own writing styles. We do not expect that the gospels included information from all of Jesus's years of ministry.
Suppose I were to write an autobiography about George Washington. I might write an autobiography starting from his adulthood, while others might write about his youth. I might write about him as a wonderful general, others might describe him as a great president, others might discuss him as a Founding Father. That does not mean inconsistency. Variety =/= Inconsistency

Why Christianity is Unreasonable
Have you ever seen Star Trek: The Next Generation? In Star Trek: The Next Generation, the crew of the Enterprise is told not to interfere in the progress of alien civilizations. God probably wants us to figure things out on our own in order to ourselves increase our understanding of the world. It is the same as if a teacher watches you struggle with a math problem before telling you how to solve it. It is a frustrating experience, but in the end, it may be a good thing that the teacher let you struggle for a bit before intervening. And of course, the part about Jesus saying that nothing can harm you is taken out of context. Jesus was basically saying that God's rules are more important than human traditions and regulations. The ancient world had a lot of rules on what was clean and unclean, but God said that all that doesn't matter anymore. Also, keep in mind what happened when Jesus healed people. Everyone believed. Jesus allows bad things to happen for the greater good. Recall that Jesus allowed Lazarus to die, in order to bring glory to the Father through Jesus's raising of Lazarus back to life. And many people believed in him. We cannot understand everything now. We may never understand.

Did Jesus exist?
According to that logic, if we have no copies of the original, we can't be sure of its identity. Therefore, if the Declaration of Independence and Constitution are destroyed, then we can conclude that they are fake, right? Wrong.

I only did some of them. I might do some more in the final round.
backwardseden

Pro

1. "Why would you assume that there is little chance that they are interpreting it correctly?" That was fully 100% explained to you, not only in text, but from videos in which you clearly did not look at but in quotes from the videos from the videos in which you paid absolutely no attention to because YOU are THAT stupid, pathetically arrogant to ask THAT question, because you cannot figure ANYTHING out on your own, and because you read a bible that cannot possibly be correct. Nor is anyone"s. And that was FULLY EXPLAINED IN THE PREVIOUS ROUND. If you don"t get it, then that"s not my problem, that"s yours. Its also why you have absolutely no genuine friends or loved ones is because you are totally incapable of not only examining ANY EVIDENCE WHATSOEVER that may be contrary to what you may believe, especially if it completely shatters what you believe, but you are completely incapable of comprehending any outside evidence whatsoever as well.

2. "So, your assumption is that clarity is always better, correct?" Wow jeez. You really cannot pay ANY attention to anybody, no matter what the case is. I pay attention to others to get my information from as well as myself. And I think, reason, rationalize, use common sense, use logic in which you obviously have none as well is so true with your unproved god religion and god.
"However, even in modern English classes, figurative language is encouraged." Yeah it is. But you are not in that class and you can lie about it all you want, maybe in baby English calls yes, because it would also be encourage there also. But in your bible that has been translated millions of times at least, there"s 0% of you or anyone being able to interpret your bible correctly to be able to trace it back to any original considering the absolute fact that no original bible has been found in the first place. So once again no blithering idiot god would be stupid enough to rely on text as a form of communication knowing all of what has thus far transpired in your meager attempts to even prove that your god and christ even exists.
"And why would there only be one version?" OK after I"m going to answer that question, I"m going to end this debate because you are such a total retard that and must have something SERIOUSLY WRONG WITH YOU you cannot possibly be in any high school whatsoever and must be below it, and one again you do not have the ability to think, reason, rationalize, use common sense, use logic of any kind to figure it out. So according to you ---every--- bible should be in different languages so as an example one bible should be in English, the next in Swahili, the next in Italian, the next in Mongolian,the next in Peterbuilt, the next in Wah Lah, the next in baby talk, etc etc etc so ABSOLUTELY NOBODY can understand your bible and THAT is according to you. The reason why there should only be one version is because so EVERYBODY can understand it and so that there would be 0 confusion.
Bye. Don"t bother posting another argument because you are way way way beyond an infidel who just doesn"t get 100% ignorant he is and under no circumstance should not be paid any attention to, not ever. I also will not pay any attention to it. You don't deserve my esteemed time. You see, I do not become involved with those that are unintelligent and uneducated beyond any length of time. You had your chance. You blew it.
somerandomvideocreator

Con

1) I'll look at a few more videos. Also, look at this: https://www.focusonthefamily.com...

2) Keep in mind English wasn't around yet, and God didn't want to just give people, "Here, take this." to people who wouldn't understand modern English. Using figurative language was common even in the ancient world, especially in books like Psalms.

Videos!

Jesus wasn't Jesus
spends the first half of the video saying, "Well, we can't be sure he existed..." Well, using that train of logic, did Julius Caesar exist or was he just a legend too? Even people in the ancient world did not doubt that he existed. See https://www.theguardian.com... Clearly, Jesus did exist, but I think the person is asking, "But did he do the things he said he did?" The resurrection is the most important in Christian beliefs, which brings us back to the three options of Jesus's resurrection.

I will be honest and say that I am not watching the entirety of these videos, by the way.

Christians don't understand the character of God
Slavery - https://www.desiringgod.org...

It is clear that Jesus does not ordain slavery in the NT. After all, Jesus's followers are telling the slave owner to treat their slaves as human beings, as brothers in the Lord. Also, see https://www.str.org...

Recall that God does not like divorce, but because of the evil of the Pharisees, God allowed divorce. God does not endorse or condone slavery, but it was so interwoven with the culture that God had to limit the damage.

For example, a common law is "Don't drive drunk."

That does not mean that the creators of the law endorse getting drunk. The goal is to limit the danger that getting drunk can cause. So, God is actually saying that slavery is not acceptable, but because it is so ingrained in the culture, that we should treat the slaves as human beings.

"You had your chance. You blew it."
Well, let's see...
Posted by somerandomvideocreator 3 years ago
somerandomvideocreator
backwardseden does have some good arguments, I would have to concede, but they are often buried beneath loads of ad hominems such as "teeny bopper" and "you know nothing about the bible".
somerandomvideocreator
Posted by backwardseden 3 years ago
backwardseden
@Linux180 - Due to the fact that you've lied about your age and are nothing but a teeny bopper, rather point blank and that is so obvious, unless you as a 42 year old are remarkably unintelligent and unedumacated and wow does it show either way no matter what your jungle boils says, and its obvious that you know nothing about the bible either otherwise you being the very big big big He-Man or She-Ra king of the Kong Cohen's Island, you would absolutely, no question boaster your sad pathetic frail, fragile ego all over this exquisite map at all costs to prove yourself correct and me false at all costs no matter what. So why haven't you? Its because you can't and YOU are really not that bright, nor intelligent, nor educumacated. Now I will tell you this, nor am I. But I certainly know a lot lot lot more about your god, who in which you nor anyone can even prove exists, bible and religion than you ---ever--- will. And wow is it so blatantly obvious that you have not read your damn bible in which YOUR supposed fake fraudulent god would NEVER use text as a form of communication, the worst form of communication possible so darling little Frisbee freebees maggots like you can get it wrong. Ta ta.
Posted by jtlove 3 years ago
jtlove
Linux180: Amen, very well stated assessment of backwardsedan.
Posted by Linux180 3 years ago
Linux180
@backwardseden.. I feel sorry and imbarresed for you.. You don't seem to realize that you are an idiot who thinks he's so very intelligent.. You're far from it.. You make no sense and definitely look and sound stupid because of it.. You don't have a clue as to what you are talking about, you're completely ignorant and don't understand what little bit of the bible you may have tried to read.. I thought about explaining to you what you don't understand, but no, I changed my mind, I have dealt with idiots like you before and it's always the same.. It simply is not worth it, mainly because you're ignorant of truth and don't want truth.. Carry on looking foolish sir, carry on..
Posted by Mr.BeBe 3 years ago
Mr.BeBe
Yall take your own life Jesus is real
Posted by 2far4u2CharlesDarwin 3 years ago
2far4u2CharlesDarwin
Evolve and start using your 7 senses and don't forget the mandatory signage engaged brain before opening your mouth. Because you may just have to eat what you say.
2far4u2CharlesDarwin
Jesus Christ: I am not good my father is good. for I hold the keys to heaven. How the hell is that saying that he is our existence creator?

You're just like the educated idiots of that time he was f#cked over you still do the same thing to a dead man still this day and age. Get with the time's fool. See it for what it is.

Beleive in nothing you see and half of what you hear and you might just see the truth. Or go and find another UFO. Did you see it UMDER yes did you hear it UMDER no. case closed.
The same can be said about Jesus Christ can't it, so with all reasoning don't believe in the rot text of our own existence creator and don't believe in half of what you hear. And guess what's left A man By the name of Jesus Christ sending a message that the ones that believe in rot you know them 10 commandments fall away into insignificance when you draw your own line in the sand between humane and inhumane.
Be brave within yourself and just do it. And stop looking for a scapegoat. The little lamb that our own existence creator put an end to a psychopath. And the sociopaths that still rule the world. Well, f#cking good on em hey.

why you heff to be mad
Posted by Just-Call-Me-PK 3 years ago
Just-Call-Me-PK
@philochristos I think you misunderstand my point, I"m addressing the debate title, Christ claimed to be more than a mere prophet so he can"t be a false prophet. One could make the claim that he is not God as he claimed to be. An example I would ask in order to understand the context of my comment would be, immediately before and immediately after the verse you quoted (Luke 4:24), Jesus uses the example of the prophet Isaiah then the prophet Elisha, does Jesus claim he is a prophet like them?
2far4u2CharlesDarwin
And still, you hide behind your kangaroo court debate settings. You only win your debates because your atheist colleges are the only ones bothered to vote on your ridiculous proposals. Birds of a feather flock together.
https://www.bing.com...

The following exception(s) occurred:
You cannot accept this challenge because you do not match the Instigator's age and/or rank criteria.

https://www.bing.com...

Get your mind out of the gutter for your own sake.